Hi guys,

I recently installed an app called Screen Grabber Free - No Watermark from the App World onto my Bold 9900 OS 7.0.

I'm wary of just handing out free permissions requests to apps that request it, so I'm wondering why an app such as this needs the following permissions:

- Personal Information - This includes content such as your email address, contact information, audio files, video files, and other saved files. Some applications might share your personal information with third parties.

The app itself works great even without allowing this permission, which makes me wonder if there is a way to permanently set the setting to NO instead of being pestered every time I launch the app and even every time I reboot the phone.

There is no "remember this" option for some reason.
    02-04-12 02:29 PM
    Hi guys,

I recently installed an app called Screen Grabber Free - No Watermark from the App World onto my Bold 9900 OS 7.0.

I'm wary of just handing out free permissions requests to apps that request it, so I'm wondering why an app such as this needs the following permissions:

- Personal Information - This includes content such as your email address, contact information, audio files, video files, and other saved files. Some applications might share your personal information with third parties.

The app itself works great even without allowing this permission, which makes me wonder if there is a way to permanently set the setting to NO instead of being pestered every time I launch the app and even every time I reboot the phone.

There is no "remember this" option for some reason.
    The app comes from the Jared Company. Do a search in the forums for comments about them. You not only don't want to give the app any permissions, GET IT OFF YOUR PHONE!!!! They are notorious for privacy invasion and spamming!
    02-04-12 03:00 PM
    Well damn...

I have both this app and the QR Scanner Pro as well... The main issue that people seem to be reporting is that they are getting spam after installing apps from this vendor, but I haven't experienced such a thing... Should I still uninstall both apps?

Are there any good alternatives?
    02-04-12 08:21 PM
    Well damn...

I have both this app and the QR Scanner Pro as well... The main issue that people seem to be reporting is that they are getting spam after installing apps from this vendor, but I haven't experienced such a thing... Should I still uninstall both apps?

Are there any good alternatives?
    There are lots of apps that include screenshot capabilities. I use FileScout as a filemanager and QuickLaunch for a custom menu off my mute button, plus SixTools for some settings. All three include screenshot functions.

As for the QR reader, I don't have one installed. Try a search, here. And I'm sure others can recommend something.

Consider yourself lucky that you've missed Jared's spam. But, even so, I personally wouldn't support a company that isn't fully above board.
    02-05-12 01:00 PM
    I hope to use it
    02-05-12 04:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD