So I bought the "screen capture" app from BB app world, and it has worked flawlessly till last night. I noticed there a new update for the app, so I downloaded it, phone rebooted and now everytime I click the button to take a screen cap, it shows a cheesy add for the app and then takes a screen shot, and after that, it goes to the settings for the app.

Done a battery pull, no fix. Made sure the permissions were correct, no fix. Emailed customer support, and their reply was, please elaborate more on the problem because they don't charge a monthly fee!!! I have no idea how I got that response...pretty much their customer service sucks.

Anymore ideas?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-06-11 07:12 PM
    Hey Mikeyg you are no alone!! Thought it was just me, but you described my issue exactly. Now to just get it fixed would be great. Its been such a great little app I hate to delete it. It a clever ploy on their part to remind you as to what you are using to take the SS, however I am not amused!
    06-06-11 11:29 PM

If I may recommend a replacement that works nicely and you don't have to pay for?

06-07-11 01:17 AM
    Ya I "loved" it too, at least until the update....all I want is a small, simple app that takes screen shots... Let's hope they get this fixed.

And bergerking, I will give that zona snap a look, thanks for the replys.

06-07-11 08:09 AM
    At 13 kb this is the lightest screen capture app

http://d4rw.in/bb/apps/cap/CaptureIt.dt

06-07-11 09:28 AM
    At 13 kb this is the lightest screen capture app

http://d4rw.in/bb/apps/cap/CaptureIt.dt

Man, I used capture it! Forever, and then the techmogul website went down and I lost it...I thought I lost it forever, thank you so much!!! Capture it! Is better then the screen capture app, BECAUSE its FREE. Thanks again

06-07-11 12:19 PM
    Buy quicklaunch. You should have anyway. It has a scree capture feature built in.

I can't live without it.

06-07-11 02:20 PM
    Just an update to this...
    I just received an email from the screen capture folks and they are sending me a link to the version prior to the update that caused all of this fun

So I would suggest if you want to use this great little app, send them an email and they will send you the link!
    06-08-11 02:20 AM
    Just an update to this...
    I just received an email from the screen capture folks and they are sending me a link to the version prior to the update that caused all of this fun

So I would suggest if you want to use this great little app, send them an email and they will send you the link!
    I've emailed them 3 times over the course of a week and only received one response, which I eluded to in my first post lol. At least they attempted to help you. I have deleted it and will never buy from them again and thanks to a earlier poster, am back to using capture it.

06-08-11 06:26 AM
    I use ZonaSnap... used to use Capture It until I swapped phones.
    06-08-11 02:11 PM
    Stay away from Screen Muncher. I tried their free version and it was terrible. It makes this annoying noise with annoying graphics, it always prompting you to upgrade to get more annoying noises and colors, and the worst thing is, the screen shots all have water marks on them.
    SB83 likes this.
    06-09-11 11:02 AM
    CaptureIt OTA

Works fine for me.
    06-09-11 02:13 PM
    http://ibnux.co.cc/app/CaptureNux/beta/Capture_Nux.jad

I also like capture nux, as you're able to add things to your shot, may it be minimal

06-09-11 02:19 PM
    +1 for Quicklaunch

Quicklaunch gives you a one click link to any app, email, text message, website, etc.
    Plus...a number of features such as:
    Screen Capture
    Flashlight
    Device Info
    Device Reboot
    Bluetooth Toggle
    etc.etc.
    06-09-11 06:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD