Is score mobile worth the download? Or does the espn shortcut give the same info?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-21-09 09:57 PM
    I'd say Score is worth it, though I've used it very little so far. Score has more stats right there and write-ups too, built in. ESPN may be a little slower if there's a lot of traffic to the site (that's some what of a guess, but for the NBA playoffs/finals, the site was noticeably slower than normal).

I haven't used Score much, though, because I track the Dodger score I need with MLB Mobile premius. Sure I'll use score in the fall with football.

Anyway, hope that helps in some way
    07-21-09 10:20 PM
    +1 on downloading score. It's much simpler to just pull it up to check the score. I know for me it pulls up and loads almost immediately. Unlike espn that does take some time to navigate thru the site to just get the score of a game.

07-21-09 10:59 PM
    Is score mobile worth the download? Or does the espn shortcut give the same info?

Score Mobile is FANTASTIC. I couldn't ask for anything more in a baseball app. Totally love it. Beats the pants off of ESPN.
    07-22-09 01:06 AM
    Thanks for the input, I'll give it a try.

07-22-09 01:20 AM
    +1 on downloading score. It's much simpler to just pull it up to check the score. I know for me it pulls up and loads almost immediately. Unlike espn that does take some time to navigate thru the site to just get the score of a game.

Exactly

I have both. I like getting quick scores and stats from ScoreMobile but still keep ESPN around if I want ESPN's stories or columns but I use ScoreMobile wayyyyy more.

07-22-09 04:21 AM
    I love Score Mobile . Works great!
    07-22-09 07:04 AM
    I use the espn shortcut, and I also have the espn text alerts. I love it! Works great!

07-22-09 10:38 AM
    It depends on the sport really.
    I use a browser bookmark to ESPNSoccernet, find their coverage (articles, etc) better than Score.
    07-22-09 10:45 AM
    I use both, for different reasons..

ScoreMobile for, well, scores. I have all the scores I need pretty much one click away.

ESPN for all the news though. Free agent signings, who got arrested this week, injuries, etc.. Crucial come FF season!

07-22-09 11:06 AM
    I have scoremobile now since they put in NFL and also use 4INFO to get instant text alerts on the phillies games since we don't get to watch a lot of them on regular TV and they refuse to let us have the NFL network.
    07-22-09 12:18 PM
    Try both. I have ESPN for being ESPN and will most likely use more of Score once football starts
    07-22-09 02:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD