What's up good people?

Just got my 9700 about a week ago after using a Tour and an HTC Hero after a few weeks.

When I had the Curve, I always used Ubertwitter for the basics...updating and replying to friends on Twitter. Now that I have the 9700, I'd like to take full advantage of all of the features of this app.

Can anyone give me a brief breakdown of this settings?

1. Timeline refresh delay:
    2. Friend Picker
    3. Notifications and Alerts
    4. Move to background on close

I'd like to have the best possible settings where I can get more use out of this application. I don't know if I should keep it open or closed, and I'm looking for the best setting to notify me of replies and DM's.
    02-05-10 03:06 AM
    I'm not an expert on this by any means, but if it helps, my settings are as follows: Timeline refresh=30 minutes, I set notifications on (you'll see the ut icon with number of new tweets on your homescreen), and move to background on close. That's the only way you'll get visual notifications. I've run the app for months with background on close and exiting the app and have found negligible difference in battery use when it runs in the background, so I leave in on. It also seems to load the new tweets quicker that way. I'm not a heavy tweeter, so the 30 minutes works fine for me. I wouldn't go below 15 minutes though, for better battery life. Not a lot of experience with friend picker, but I think when you send an @ tweet, it pulls up a list of all of your friends so you can avoid extra typing.
    02-05-10 06:18 AM
    Thanks...

I'm still trying to figure this thing out, but I'm using similar settings to the ones you listed. Funny how every time I open up UT now my LED notification light starts to blink
    02-05-10 06:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD