So I read the article
    http://crackberry.com/barcodes-and-scanners-decoded

Downloaded ScanLife, scanned the CrackBerry QR and it didnt do anything, so I went downstairs, scanned the QR on my pack of Strawberries in the fridge, then on to the QR on the back of a bottle of wine?

All of my pictures are the same clear quality, no flash.

and it keeps saying they can not be decoded.....

am i doing something wrong? Attached is a photo of the CB QR.

Looking for help on utilizing the software.
    09-30-10 02:57 PM
    nope. you rarely can get a good read even though the picture looks perfect. 1.) make sure it's inside the Square you see when focusing (i noticed that helps) 2.) that's about all you can do. barcode reader support is complete crap for BB. just one of the many downfalls when you use a BB
    09-30-10 03:38 PM
    nope. you rarely can get a good read even though the picture looks perfect. 1.) make sure it's inside the Square you see when focusing (i noticed that helps) 2.) that's about all you can do. barcode reader support is complete crap for BB. just one of the many downfalls when you use a BB
    your advice was great! I just went and photo'd stuff from a distance and it worked first time on all 3 QRs!

thanks for the help!
    09-30-10 03:40 PM
    great
    you're welcome
    09-30-10 03:41 PM
    IMO, using the BBM scanner is actually better than scanlife.
    09-30-10 08:54 PM
    well, yes i agree. i just use a QR code generator addon for whatever browser i'm using. works just the same as a "link to phone" app+plugin etc..

i just wish BBM could read 1D barcodes too. that's its only real downfall
    10-01-10 07:44 AM
    I put this on yesterday, too. It already saved me $5 when I purchased The Cleveland Show DVD. Target had it for the lowest amount. Thanks Crackberry!
    10-01-10 07:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD