Hi Everyone!

Following the first public beta version release of Calendar Pro about a week ago we are excited to release today a new public beta version for Calendar Pro, version 0.91!

Following the successful release of the first public beta version we've moved forward in full speed and implemented with this new public beta version many of the features that were raised by our users here on the forums along with many bug fixes that were reported during the past week.

Similar to the first public beta version release from the previous week, this new public beta version is also available as free download to all users - you will find the download links for the new version towards the bottom of my post here

For those of you who still didn't had a chance to check the first version release of Calendar Pro we invite you to read the first public beta version release post to get more familiar with Calendar Pro available at the following URL:
    forums.sbsh.net/index.php?showtopic=24629

What's new in Calendar Pro 0.91?

1. New Options Interface

Following many requests to have different some configuration control with Calendar Pro this new version incorporate a first settings interface that allow initial different configuration options. Among the new options available you will find the ability to configure your working-hours (that effects the different timelines display), first working day of the week, new task default due time and several additional new options already included!

2. Working hours configuration

As part of the new options interface you can now configure your day working hours. This new configuration will then effect your timeline display to provide more precise zoomed timeline display for specific hours of the day based on your working hours configuration. In the sample screen capture here below you can see that the daily timeline on the Daily view presents only specific hours of the day that were configured as the working hours of the day

3. Improved item creation dialog and logic

When creating a new appointment using the new version modifying the start-time of your new appointment will now automatically shift the end time to maintain the same duration for the new appointment. To change the duration of the application the end time field should be modified. Using this improved logic you will find that defining and creating new appointment is a much faster process than with the previous version who didn't include this improved logic.

Many navigation problems within the new item creation dialog were also implemented for much better design and navigation overall.

Downloading Calendar Pro for BlackBerry 0.91

Calendar Pro can be downloaded for free for all of our forum registered members. Users who are not registered to our forums can register our forums for free at the following URL:
    forums.sbsh.net/index.php?act=Reg&CODE=00
    *Registering our forums should take a few moments.

We request users to register our forums in order to download Calendar Pro with the hope that this will be a good incentive or users to post back at our forums after trying Calendar Pro and give us their feedback on the first public beta, what features would they like to see and together help us push the development in the best direct possible while we will continue to introduce new public beta versions in upcoming weeks. Since our users feedback is very important to us we hope that users who will register our forums will be posting back with their experience this way Your feedback is highly important to us as part of the development process.

You can download the latest Calendar Pro version at the following URL:
    sbsh.net/products/blackberry/calendar_pro/download

* When upgrading from the previous version we recommend to uninstall the previous version before installing this new update.

You can get more detailed information about the new version including a detailed list of lots of improvements and fixes that were implemented with this new release on our forums at the following URL:
    forums.sbsh.net/index.php?showtopic=24713

We welcome you to download this new version and we appreciate your support!

Cheers
    03-01-09 07:08 AM
    I have to admit, it is still lacking. Visually it is more appealing, but the lack of swiping thru the calendar is annoying at best. BB still has you beat with this convenience, so its hard to justify the loss of memory space to have an app that still has short comings. The other improvements are nice though, and you are on the right track. I appreciate your time and work on making this app better and more user friendly.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-01-09 09:09 AM
    Just downloaded and installed version 0.9.1 and I have to say, great improvement in just a week!

#1: I can now add appointments and tasks with my pearl with no errors, so that is a huge improvement in itself. I really like the tabbed format for data entry...it is well done and sets this app apart from other 3rd party PIMs. Way to go guys.

#2: Calendar configuration works flawlessly, the ability to set week starting day and daily "working" hours was a needed upgrade. Also, the daily display now shows the day of the week in the banner on the top of the screen. Thanks.

#3: In looking at the 'recurrence' dialog for tasks, this is much improved and appears to include almost everything I'd be looking for, with one exception. I would like to see an option to select how the recurrence date is calculated, i.e. from start date, due date or date completed. As the actual recurrence function isn't yet implemented, I don't know how the application currenty calculates this, but I'm guessing from due date, which for me is the best choice if I only have one option.

#4: I'm still hoping for user configurable categories with color coding for both tasks and appointments. Additionally, the ability to configure and apply category filters to the calendar would be a great feature as well; i.e. be able to make a filter that when applied shows categories A, B and C but not X and Y.

#5: I really like the new month view display, it is much clearer and easier to see than the previous version. I think with this new display, color coding appointments in accordance with category in the little timeline bars would work

#6: I'm still hoping for a 'preview' pane, at least on the week view, that would show the title, time and location of an appointment when it is scrolled over, rather than having to click on it. I'd like this in the month view too, but I'm not sure there's room, at least on the pearl screen, so I think it is probably better just in the week view.

#7: Something that is just kind of a convenience for me, but I'd like to see the behavior of the 'back' key change slightly - when in a day/week/month view, the back key should go to the view selector screen, rather than exit the program immediately. A second press of the back key would then exit the program.

At any rate, thank you guys for allowing us to test and provide input on a developing application. Judging by your response to the last round of suggestions, I really look forward to seeing the next version of this software. Now that the input is working, Calendar Pro will be staying on my device for further testing and investigation.

Mainiak Blaniak
    03-01-09 10:02 AM
    I have enjoyed your products previously on Win Mobile but I really dont see at this point that this app offfers much of anything over the built in BB calendar.
    03-01-09 01:46 PM
    I'm use to the BB calender and so far I'm liking this. Looking forward to improvements during the beta and the final version. Keep up the good work and thank you.

03-01-09 04:57 PM
    this looks really nice, gonna check it out. I was waiting for a color coded calendar app.
    03-01-09 10:18 PM
    I know it is over the bb calendar so it will work with my Yahoo calendar and task on my Sprint 8330 correct?

Hi TMP123,

As long as it works with the default Calendar installed on your device - yep it will
    03-08-09 11:40 AM
    I know this has been brought up before, but is an ota possible or going to be up soon? I know it is easy through the DM, but I won't have access to my DM for an extended period, and would really like to try this app. Thanks.

Hi handbra,

We hope it will be available to download through OTA within the next versions release.. still working on it
    03-08-09 11:42 AM
    Tried out the app, but definitely found it lacking. One, you cant swipe thru the days....you have to go back to initial view to select another day. Two, there is no option to personalize...ie: option setting for alert sounds etc. I do think that this Beta version has potential, the look of it is nice, but in functionality it still has a way to go to be considered more worthwhile than the stock BB Calender. I removed it from my device.
    Hi YourEntreeSolution,

I will forward your comments to the developers team and I hope you will find most of them solved within the next update

If you have any other comments please do let us know!
    03-08-09 11:45 AM
    Just downloaded and installed version 0.9.1 and I have to say, great improvement in just a week!

#1: I can now add appointments and tasks with my pearl with no errors, so that is a huge improvement in itself. I really like the tabbed format for data entry...it is well done and sets this app apart from other 3rd party PIMs. Way to go guys.

#2: Calendar configuration works flawlessly, the ability to set week starting day and daily "working" hours was a needed upgrade. Also, the daily display now shows the day of the week in the banner on the top of the screen. Thanks.

#3: In looking at the 'recurrence' dialog for tasks, this is much improved and appears to include almost everything I'd be looking for, with one exception. I would like to see an option to select how the recurrence date is calculated, i.e. from start date, due date or date completed. As the actual recurrence function isn't yet implemented, I don't know how the application currenty calculates this, but I'm guessing from due date, which for me is the best choice if I only have one option.

#4: I'm still hoping for user configurable categories with color coding for both tasks and appointments. Additionally, the ability to configure and apply category filters to the calendar would be a great feature as well; i.e. be able to make a filter that when applied shows categories A, B and C but not X and Y.

#5: I really like the new month view display, it is much clearer and easier to see than the previous version. I think with this new display, color coding appointments in accordance with category in the little timeline bars would work

#6: I'm still hoping for a 'preview' pane, at least on the week view, that would show the title, time and location of an appointment when it is scrolled over, rather than having to click on it. I'd like this in the month view too, but I'm not sure there's room, at least on the pearl screen, so I think it is probably better just in the week view.

#7: Something that is just kind of a convenience for me, but I'd like to see the behavior of the 'back' key change slightly - when in a day/week/month view, the back key should go to the view selector screen, rather than exit the program immediately. A second press of the back key would then exit the program.

At any rate, thank you guys for allowing us to test and provide input on a developing application. Judging by your response to the last round of suggestions, I really look forward to seeing the next version of this software. Now that the input is working, Calendar Pro will be staying on my device for further testing and investigation.

Mainiak Blaniak
    Hi Mainiak Blaniak!

Thanks for the positive feedback! I'll pass this to the team and make sure everything is taken into consideration for the upcoming update.

Thanks for the support!
    03-08-09 11:48 AM
    I'm use to the BB calender and so far I'm liking this. Looking forward to improvements during the beta and the final version. Keep up the good work and thank you.

Hi wpwren!

Thank you for the support and I hope that within the next few updates your opinion of Calendar Pro will be even more positive
    03-08-09 11:50 AM
    this looks really nice, gonna check it out. I was waiting for a color coded calendar app.
    Hi ninja please,

I hope you will enjoy using Calendar Pro! Please let us know of any comments you have after trying it out
    03-08-09 11:51 AM
    I am getting some kind of JAVA error when I try to add a task. Error message is "java.lang.arrayindexoutofboundsexception: index 0>=0 And the only button I get is CANCEL.

Apart from that I LOVE this app, looks GREAT!
    03-08-09 12:07 PM
    I am getting some kind of JAVA error when I try to add a task. Error message is "java.lang.arrayindexoutofboundsexception: index 0>=0 And the only button I get is CANCEL.

Apart from that I LOVE this app, looks GREAT!
    Glad to hear you like Calendar Pro
    I'll pass the error report to the developers team.. thx
    03-09-09 02:57 AM
    can you post a download link here so we dont have to register on sbsh site?
    03-09-09 09:42 AM
    Did anyone have trouble even getting the zip file to download to your blackberry? I have an 8330 and I keep getting an error. Will I probably have to just download right to my computer then do the desktop manager?

Hi all!

We've just released our first version of SBSH Calendar Pro, initially released today as public beta and available for free download to all users!

In a nutshell, the goal of Calendar Pro is to offer a powerful personal information manager (PIM) that replaces the built-in Calendar and Tasks applications on your BlackBerry device with a more robust time management system. Calendar Pro brings integrated display and management that allow you to manage both appointments and tasks in one solution, innovative item editing dialogs with: tab-based interface, full screen note preview, field-icons and much more!

While in initial public beta stages the application is available for free download (and also doesn't include any future limitations, so it will continue to operate). It is important to mention that future versions of the application are planned to be commercial eventually (this is something I believe is important to clear), but at these initial stage we would like to get many users to help us with feedback about the application development and in return we decided to go with this free public beta phase that we hope will help us receive more feedback from our users in return

Users that would like to read more about the new public beta version can find the complete information and download details at the following URL:

SBSH Calendar Pro for BlackBerry first public beta is here! - SBSH Mobile Software Forums

As mentioned above, if you decided to take Calendar Pro for a try we invite you to post back with your experience and please be sure to post back with any new ideas, features requests and so on that you have - with this information we will structure upcoming public beta versions that will be out every week or so from now, and hopefully within a few more updates we will also get closer to the first official release.

The road for the new Calendar Pro is still long (we are aware to this), but we hope that with the help of our users we will be able to bring a new fine product to the market! We really hope that you will enjoy the new PIM application and that indeed there is a need for such new applications in the BlackBerry market as we think there is

Cheers!
    03-09-09 05:08 PM
    Got it loaded once I got home. The only thing I can't figure out now is how to make different appts have different colors.
    03-09-09 08:55 PM
    how do you increase the phone? i have a bb 8900 and the font is micro...
    03-09-09 11:20 PM
    I have to admit, it is still lacking. Visually it is more appealing, but the lack of swiping thru the calendar is annoying at best. BB still has you beat with this convenience, so its hard to justify the loss of memory space to have an app that still has short comings. The other improvements are nice though, and you are on the right track. I appreciate your time and work on making this app better and more user friendly.

Hi YourEntreeSolution

I definitely agree that we still have some development ahead of us to make Calendar Pro a more robust solution, but we are working on it daily now and I'm positive that pretty soon you will also find that the benefits offered by Calendar Pro are far greater than the features offered with the default Calendar application.

Stay tuned for a new update release within the next upcoming days, or maybe even before now!
    03-10-09 10:17 AM
    can you post a download link here so we dont have to register on sbsh site?
    I'm afraid that as long as the Calendar Pro will be in public beta stages and can be downloaded for free we can't do this :/ Once the application won't be a completely free download anymore we will allow such download too, but we still have some public beta stages development planned head of us in the upcoming weeks or so before we will move to this upcoming stage of the development

Please notice that you don't need to register each time you wish to download any of the new updates, so it is a one-time registration that you can easily use afterwards to download any of the new public beta versions that are posted on our forums (and I can already mention that a new update is shortly arriving now )
    03-10-09 10:20 AM
    Got it loaded once I got home. The only thing I can't figure out now is how to make different appts have different colors.
    Hi eeyore6802!

I'm not sure what you meant by "different appointments" so I'll appreciate if you could inform me what exactly you are referring to Anyway, the colors (in week view) are according to the "show as" property of the appointment (free/busy/out of office/tentative)
    03-12-09 01:34 AM
    how do you increase the phone? i have a bb 8900 and the font is micro...
    Hi tjk!

Calendar Pro fonts must be auto-sized. Can you inform me of the exact place where it is not seen?
    03-12-09 01:36 AM
    i'm in the daily view page and the fonts of the tasks for that day are rather small. it'd be nice if you could customize the sizes.

also it'd be nice to be able to make your own categories so you could color code them yourselves. It seems that Busy/tentative/out/free is too general to really be truly helpful
    03-12-09 04:20 PM
    i'm in the daily view page and the fonts of the tasks for that day are rather small. it'd be nice if you could customize the sizes.

also it'd be nice to be able to make your own categories so you could color code them yourselves. It seems that Busy/tentative/out/free is too general to really be truly helpful
    Thanks for the info tjk

I'll pass this to the moderators and I'm sure they will try making this available. I'll let you know about the fonts once I have their reply
    03-15-09 08:49 AM
    Any idea when the TASK entry bug will be fixed? Still wondering when and if this will be fixed.....
    Last edited by CipherDias; 03-16-09 at 06:21 PM.
    03-15-09 12:10 PM
118 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD