Hi all!

We've just released our first version of SBSH Calendar Pro, initially released today as public beta and available for free download to all users!

In a nutshell, the goal of Calendar Pro is to offer a powerful personal information manager (PIM) that replaces the built-in Calendar and Tasks applications on your BlackBerry device with a more robust time management system. Calendar Pro brings integrated display and management that allow you to manage both appointments and tasks in one solution, innovative item editing dialogs with: tab-based interface, full screen note preview, field-icons and much more!

While in initial public beta stages the application is available for free download (and also doesn't include any future limitations, so it will continue to operate). It is important to mention that future versions of the application are planned to be commercial eventually (this is something I believe is important to clear), but at these initial stage we would like to get many users to help us with feedback about the application development and in return we decided to go with this free public beta phase that we hope will help us receive more feedback from our users in return

Users that would like to read more about the new public beta version can find the complete information and download details at the following URL:

SBSH Calendar Pro for BlackBerry first public beta is here! - SBSH Mobile Software Forums

As mentioned above, if you decided to take Calendar Pro for a try we invite you to post back with your experience and please be sure to post back with any new ideas, features requests and so on that you have - with this information we will structure upcoming public beta versions that will be out every week or so from now, and hopefully within a few more updates we will also get closer to the first official release.

The road for the new Calendar Pro is still long (we are aware to this), but we hope that with the help of our users we will be able to bring a new fine product to the market! We really hope that you will enjoy the new PIM application and that indeed there is a need for such new applications in the BlackBerry market as we think there is

Cheers!
    02-18-09 09:32 AM
    I guess just a quick question - any way to sync or backup the data to a desktop or use the data on a desktop computer version?
    02-18-09 10:26 AM
    This might be easy for others but not for me. I signed up and downloaded it to my desktop. It's in a zip file. Now how do I get it on my BB? Or can I do this OTA? Which would be better
    Last edited by eripmu; 02-18-09 at 11:17 AM.
    02-18-09 11:14 AM
    You need to unzip the file. Then connect your BB to the computer and open Desktop Manager. Select Application Loader and then the Browse button - browse to the unzipped folder and select the *.alx file. Finally, select Next and the app will be installed to the BB!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-18-09 11:27 AM
    Wow! That was pretty clear instructions. Thank You! I needed to take off for a bit so when I get back home I'll do that and give you an update. Again Thank You!

02-18-09 12:36 PM
    wow, that looks nice. If i used my calender app i would definately give this a try
    02-18-09 01:24 PM
    I know it's early beta right now, but I'm hoping for a theme that looks like the 4.6.X OS down the road =P
    02-18-09 01:30 PM
    I downloaded the app but everytime I attempt to input information it give me a message"Input system error. The system is being restarted. But unless I do a battery pull, it is not restarting.
    02-18-09 03:35 PM
    I guess just a quick question - any way to sync or backup the data to a desktop or use the data on a desktop computer version?
    Hi F2

Calendar Pro is structured on top of the built-in Calendar and Tasks databases on your device. This means that if you already sync your calendar and tasks information with your PC (or server of any kind) any of the data you store and manage with Calendar Pro will also sync with your PC (/Server) without any problem

Let me know if this helps or if more information is needed on this
    02-20-09 04:35 AM
    You need to unzip the file. Then connect your BB to the computer and open Desktop Manager. Select Application Loader and then the Browse button - browse to the unzipped folder and select the *.alx file. Finally, select Next and the app will be installed to the BB!

Many thanks BlackjackBailey for the assistance with this
    02-20-09 04:36 AM
    I know it's early beta right now, but I'm hoping for a theme that looks like the 4.6.X OS down the road =P
    Hi papped

We will be sure to get some work done on the "themed" side of the application and start implementing some auto-theme adoption capabilities so that eventually the application will have some option to automatically match the current theme colors of your device this along with the option to use some of the fixed colors as part of a group of suggested color-schemes etc.

02-20-09 04:39 AM
    I downloaded the app but everytime I attempt to input information it give me a message"Input system error. The system is being restarted. But unless I do a battery pull, it is not restarting.
    Hi rastagalnj

Can you please tell me which device model are you using?

If my assumption is correct, I'm guessing this will usually happen when the auto-word-completion box is showing on top of the current field you enter the data too, correct? :/

We've seen something similar to this, so I would like to verify if this is indeed the same situation and then we will continue working from there and see how we can resolve this right away
    02-20-09 04:41 AM
    I also mentioned this in a post on the sbsh forums but for continuity sake I'll post it here as well. I also get the 'input system error' when entering data. It does appear to occur when the auto text system activates, but I can't be sure of this. I am on an 8110 OS 4.5 on AT&T

02-20-09 06:02 AM
    Hi rastagalnj

Can you please tell me which device model are you using?

If my assumption is correct, I'm guessing this will usually happen when the auto-word-completion box is showing on top of the current field you enter the data too, correct? :/

We've seen something similar to this, so I would like to verify if this is indeed the same situation and then we will continue working from there and see how we can resolve this right away
    Pearl 8100, yes that is what is happening, what can I do other than a battery pull every time this happens. It is quite annoying and I have stopped attempting to input info because of it.
    02-20-09 11:44 AM
    I think I saw a post on their forums indicating that another beta release is expected in the near future. I'm gonna hold out and wait for that. With the existing error the app really isn't usable on the pearl.

02-20-09 03:25 PM
    I also mentioned this in a post on the sbsh forums but for continuity sake I'll post it here as well. I also get the 'input system error' when entering data. It does appear to occur when the auto text system activates, but I can't be sure of this. I am on an 8110 OS 4.5 on AT&T

Hi Mainiak

I'm glad to say that we are able to duplicate this report locally too at this stage and we are working to resolve this. I still don't have an exact ETA, but I believe that we will have a new public beta version ready during this upcoming week already and this should also include a fix for this specific report

I will be sure to post back here with more information once the new update will be made available.
    02-21-09 05:17 AM
    Pearl 8100, yes that is what is happening, what can I do other than a battery pull every time this happens. It is quite annoying and I have stopped attempting to input info because of it.
    I'm afraid that I have to agree with you that this is an annoying bug so I can't provide you with much help at this moment - however - we are working to fix this right now and we plan to have a new beta build uploaded within a few days.

We are working to include the fix for this issue with this new upcoming beta, so I hope that pretty soon I will have a good solution for this situation which seems to effect certain device models

I'm sorry for that :/
    02-21-09 05:20 AM
    I know it is over the bb calendar so it will work with my Yahoo calendar and task on my Sprint 8330 correct?

02-21-09 07:36 AM
    I know this has been brought up before, but is an ota possible or going to be up soon? I know it is easy through the DM, but I won't have access to my DM for an extended period, and would really like to try this app. Thanks.

02-21-09 03:08 PM
    Thank you amitregev. I appreciate you keeping us in the loop on what is going on with your app. I am really looking forward to the future releases of this application. :-)

02-21-09 06:39 PM
    Interesting. I loved SBSH's apps on my WinMo phones.

02-22-09 05:55 PM
    Is it compatible with google sync?
    02-23-09 12:31 PM
    Is it compatible with google sync?
    Hi AlwaysLostSometimes

Calendar Pro is structured on top of your default Calendar and Tasks app databases, this means that if you sync those today with GoogleSync you should have no problem using Calendar Pro with Google Sync too

I'm also glad to say that we are packing a new build in this next two to three days and as it looks now we should be able to have a new build ready already for the start of the upcoming week with some great fixes, new additions and more things included with it!!
    02-26-09 08:46 AM
    Hi AlwaysLostSometimes

Calendar Pro is structured on top of your default Calendar and Tasks app databases, this means that if you sync those today with GoogleSync you should have no problem using Calendar Pro with Google Sync too

I'm also glad to say that we are packing a new build in this next two to three days and as it looks now we should be able to have a new build ready already for the start of the upcoming week with some great fixes, new additions and more things included with it!!
    Glad to hear it. Great news.

Will the ability to change fonts, "space bar" task completion and templates be included with these fixes?
    02-26-09 04:19 PM
    Tried out the app, but definitely found it lacking. One, you cant swipe thru the days....you have to go back to initial view to select another day. Two, there is no option to personalize...ie: option setting for alert sounds etc. I do think that this Beta version has potential, the look of it is nice, but in functionality it still has a way to go to be considered more worthwhile than the stock BB Calender. I removed it from my device.
    02-27-09 08:44 AM
118 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD