SBSH Calendar Pro

SBSH Calendar Pro - Personal Productivity BlackBerry Apps - Crackberry BlackBerry Apps Store

Anyone have this software on their Curve 8330 series ? Just wondering because it is exactly what I am looking for. And if you do have it, how is the interface? I just loaded my work calendar (4days on 4days off) for the entire year through Microsoft Outlook !

I think that I may try the free trial first....please let me know.
    02-03-10 08:16 PM
    Dang, if I would have found this calendar, I wouldn't have bought my task manager. I may get this.
    02-03-10 08:36 PM
    I just downloaded the trial, it automatically sycned my BB calendar into it. The only thing I havent figured out yet is how to set the colors for the specific day events on the month view.

Its definately more functional than the BB Calendar
    02-03-10 08:46 PM
    Do you know how long the trial is?
    02-03-10 08:54 PM
    12 days it says but their website says that it will still work after that so IDK what that means.
    02-03-10 09:03 PM
    I used this calendar off and on for the last year. It was free but it caused severe lagging on my Berry, so I deleted it and haven't looked back since.
    02-03-10 11:06 PM
    1.0 runs so much better than the free betas
    02-04-10 08:22 AM
    1.0 runs so much better than the free betas
    Ok, I was hoping that. I added an appointment in and went to monthly view. I noticed that instead of adding the appointment to the 27th....it made it on the 26th. All other views are right though.
    02-04-10 09:06 AM
    I used the beta on my 8310, STORM, and 8900 and just purchased it when the full release version came out. Love it!
    02-04-10 09:16 AM
    Ok so I bought it, I couldn't help it. This app is great. If you are going to buy it, make sure you go to the developers website. If you log into there forums you get 30% off the total price. It ended up being only $10 and some change.
    02-04-10 01:05 PM
    ...The only thing I havent figured out yet is how to set the colors for the specific day events on the month view.
    If I understand your question, you set colors for categories via Settings. Then you assign categories to your events.
    02-04-10 08:36 PM
    Hello, I cannot tell you how much I enjoy this application. There is one thing that I am having trouble with though. I cannot create a new task. If I click on "tasks", and then create a new task, nothing happens. Is their something that I'm doing wrong? If anyone can shed some light on this subject, that would be great.

I am on version 1.0.0.0 (the only version that is out) and it is registered.

Thanks all,

Ranger
    Last edited by Wuzz Ranger; 02-05-10 at 10:39 AM.
    02-05-10 08:32 AM
    Can you sync this with your Outlook Calendar ??

Can is use or transfer event colors like Outlook 2007 has ??
    02-06-10 07:02 AM
    Can you sync this with your Outlook Calendar ??

Can is use or transfer event colors like Outlook 2007 has ??
    Calendar Pro uses the native BlackBerry calendar database. Data you sync with Outlook should appear in Calendar Pro with no extra steps. While colors won't transfer from Outlook, Calendar Pro has its own color settings for categories.
    02-06-10 09:22 PM
    One thing i wont get, that Blackberry is suppose to be a business phone but its calendar sucks, compared to Palm pre and even iphone. I hope in their next OS upgrade they have a more palm oriented calender
    02-06-10 09:55 PM
    One thing i wont get, that Blackberry is suppose to be a business phone but its calendar sucks, compared to Palm pre and even iphone. I hope in their next OS upgrade they have a more palm oriented calender
    I TOTALLY AGREE! i came from palm for many years - totally loving it. so great for anal-retentive like myself. got the BB Tour and was shocked at how CRAPPY the calendar and tasks were. what the heck?! so calendar pro seems perfect, but i keep hearing the date is off by 1 day? is this still true (someoen else mentioned it above too) - anyone else confirm this for me before i even try downloading this thing? thanks!
    02-08-10 12:26 AM
    I TOTALLY AGREE! i came from palm for many years - totally loving it. so great for anal-retentive like myself. got the BB Tour and was shocked at how CRAPPY the calendar and tasks were. what the heck?! so calendar pro seems perfect, but i keep hearing the date is off by 1 day? is this still true (someoen else mentioned it above too) - anyone else confirm this for me before i even try downloading this thing? thanks!
    Hi. The problem indeed exists (ver.1.0.0) with all-day events in some timezones (GMT -X hours).
    This issue (and some other) was solved and an update will be available soon (ver.1.0.1).
    You can download and try this app (about 2 weeks trial).
    If you like it - you may purchase it now and then get the (free) update.
    Also the trial period should be enough till the update comes out.
    02-08-10 03:23 AM
    If your running a hybrid os you will be screwed. I cannot add tasks, shortcuts do not work. Appointments don't work. I hope they fix it soon....I really would like to use this app.
    02-08-10 09:11 AM
    Do you have to delete the calender that came with the blackberry? I installed the pro love it but still have the other calender. Also how do I delete old calender if needed?
    Thanks
    02-08-10 05:45 PM
    no you don't have to delete the old calendar.
    02-08-10 07:13 PM
    If your running a hybrid os you will be screwed. I cannot add tasks, shortcuts do not work. Appointments don't work. I hope they fix it soon....I really would like to use this app.
    When you say "they" who do you mean? RIM or SBSH? I doubt a third-party application vendor can concentrate on making their apps work on hybrid OS's. They have enough of a challenge with official releases.
    02-08-10 08:10 PM
    Do you have to delete the calender that came with the blackberry? I installed the pro love it but still have the other calender. Also how do I delete old calender if needed?
    Thanks
    I don't think you can delete the built-in calendar.
    Anyway, Calendar Pro uses their data bases, so, if one of them is deleted, it's db is gone too, which means - Calendar Pro won't work.
    One thing I recommend you to do is to disable native calendar and tasks reminders, otherwise you'll be notified twice (by calendar pro and bb calendar (or tasks application)).
    02-09-10 08:26 AM
    I am using the trial.... I need to see the update fix all the bugs the release has before I purchase.
    02-09-10 11:46 AM
    When you say "they" who do you mean? RIM or SBSH? I doubt a third-party application vendor can concentrate on making their apps work on hybrid OS's. They have enough of a challenge with official releases.
    It doesn't matter now, I downgraded back to 4.5...SBSH works like a charm now.
    02-09-10 12:18 PM
    I used this when it was known as Papyrus on winmo platform.
    I swore by that app. I want to get this, but may wait until my next berry
    02-09-10 12:30 PM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD