08-21-14 07:38 PM
408 ... 34567 ...
tools
    I contacted support at nguyenlongvp@gmail.com and he says that it should work on the 9810, but does not give any specific help at all.
    Vlingo is not perfect but it at least works. This app is a complete mess.
    01-13-12 07:48 AM
    I just bought this app and it simply DOES NOT WORK ON TORCH 9810.
    I downloaded, allowed permissions, and re-booted. After giving a "command" it either just "thinks" or it says "new command" no matter what I say. I say "e-mail" it says "new command". I say "calculator" it says "new command". Or it just shows "thinking" and nothing happens.
    I should have known to wait for the trial, but I was curious if this app worked.
    The voice to text does not work either. I record something and it says "recording sent" but I have no idea where it was sent!
    Overall, this app simply does not work as advertised.
    I have seen Siri in action and it works. This app is like Siri's really stupid brother!
    The next command I will give it is "REFUND PLEASE?"
    It's so strange for your case! I can refund via Paypal if you don't like it!
    Last edited by BachKhoa University; 01-13-12 at 07:57 AM.
    01-13-12 07:53 AM
    I contacted support at nguyenlongvp@gmail.com and he says that it should work on the 9810, but does not give any specific help at all.
    Vlingo is not perfect but it at least works. This app is a complete mess.
    Re-check your email.
    Remember that, the tester from AppWorld team have tested SayIt for two days and then they approved it.
    Last edited by BachKhoa University; 01-13-12 at 07:56 AM.
    01-13-12 07:53 AM
    Re-check your email.
    Remember that, the tester from AppWorld team have tested SayIt for two days and then they approved it.
    AppWorld testers don't check to make sure an app works on all devices. They just make sure that the app is compliant.
    Are you saying that all apps approved by AppWorld work well? That simply is not true, especially in this case.

And you have been very kind to contact me via e-mail. But all you say is that this app should work. You have not offered or suggested a fix. And you have admitted in your e-mail to me that "Speech to Text" is not able to send an e-mail or text yet.
    And the Say a Command portion of the app does not work either and you have not offered a fix.
    So I conclude that this is a useless app on the 9810.
    BUYER BEWARE.

EDIT: The developer has recommended: 1) Check internet connection 2) Check Permissions 3) Check Mic 4) Restart
    Those were all done to no avail.
    I certainly cannot get this app to work on OS 7.1.0.190. I can't imagine that this is the case, but the developer says that it only works on an Official OS, which doesn't make much sense. I am curious to see if anyone else gets this to work on their 9810.
    Last edited by tellsells; 01-13-12 at 10:02 AM.
    01-13-12 08:35 AM
    It is as good as Vlingo I'd say, maybe with better listening skills but it does not know it's name ('what's your name'), could not schedule me an appointment ('schedule appointment tomorrow morning' came as 'schedule appointment mauritian') nor remind me to do stuff ('remind me to clean the house tomorrow' came as 'remind me to clean the house from oral').

Thing is, Vlingo usually gets most what I say wrong, so I see promisse in SayIt. Dear dev, if you could make the commands more like what iOS has with Siri, you'd have a killer app.
    01-13-12 10:23 AM
    So can you say, "email/text xyz the following, ill be running late."

???

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    01-13-12 10:41 AM
    Also, I am running an official OS (374)for Verizon on a Sprint phone. I don't want to upgrade to 7.1 on my 9930 as I didn't like the battery life. Are yall saying it won't work on my phone?

01-13-12 10:43 AM
    So can you say, "email/text xyz the following, ill be running late."

???

On Settings screen, press enable SayIt menu item then Save. In new SMS/Email/BBM input box, press BB Menu > SayIt > Say anything you want to compose > Done . SayIt will type instead of you!
    01-13-12 04:58 PM
    It is as good as Vlingo I'd say, maybe with better listening skills but it does not know it's name ('what's your name'), could not schedule me an appointment ('schedule appointment tomorrow morning' came as 'schedule appointment mauritian') nor remind me to do stuff ('remind me to clean the house tomorrow' came as 'remind me to clean the house from oral').

Thing is, Vlingo usually gets most what I say wrong, so I see promisse in SayIt. Dear dev, if you could make the commands more like what iOS has with Siri, you'd have a killer app.
    Yep, hard working and will improve overtime via update! The update will be available at the next Thursday on AppWorld!
    Instead of "what;s your name" say "tell me about yourself?"
    01-13-12 05:00 PM
    Also, I am running an official OS (374)for Verizon on a Sprint phone. I don't want to upgrade to 7.1 on my 9930 as I didn't like the battery life. Are yall saying it won't work on my phone?

It works on your phone!
    01-13-12 05:02 PM
    As a follow-up to anyone interested in this app. I have uninstalled, and reinstalled this app. I have set all permissions to allow. The app simply does not work at all on my 9810 (OS 7.1.0.190).
    I open the app and when I say calendar, it says "say a command". When I say calculator, it says "say a command". When I say e-mail, it says "say a command".
    When I go to compose a new e-mail, I hit the BB key and then scroll to sayit (in the menu), it then listens and a screen comes up with the text: "Did you mean______." (The _____is blank so it does not have any other word suggestions.)
    Does anyone have this app working on their 9810?
    Last edited by tellsells; 01-13-12 at 08:32 PM.
    01-13-12 06:06 PM
    soooooooo, what happened...its gone cant find it in app world i know i saw it this morning and was going to download? just gone

ooppsss, never mind im a spelled it wrong..laughing
    Last edited by tcamshafter; 01-13-12 at 06:14 PM.
    01-13-12 06:11 PM
    I am sure it will improve.

Yep, hard working and will improve overtime via update! The update will be available at the next Thursday on AppWorld!
    Instead of "what;s your name" say "tell me about yourself?"
    But that's the beauty and appeal of Siri: I can ask it's name. I can ask it to marry me if I damn want to (and it will refuse, just good friends excuse).

I don't wanna have to remember commands, I wanna go Star Trek and talk to the machine! The difference is that in iOS they say "Siri", in Star Trek they used to say "computer".

So, get ready to program a few alternatives, like "who are you/what's your name/tell me about yourself" all giving the same results.
    01-13-12 06:33 PM
    As a follow-up to anyone interested in this app. I have uninstalled, and reinstalled this app. I have set all permissions to allow. The app simply does not work at all on my 9810 (OS 7.1.0.190).
    I open the app and when I say calendar, it says "say a command". When I say calculator, it says "say a command". When I say e-mail, it says "say a command".
    When I go to compose a new e-mail, I hit the BB key and then scroll to sayit (in the menu), it then listens and a screen comes up and says "did you mean______." (The _____is blank so it does not have any other word suggestions.)
    Does anyone have this app working on their 9810?
    Dang shame you're having issues. I'll see about one of my T-2 friends loading it on. At least you have the offer of a full refund.

I am sure it will improve.

But that's the beauty and appeal of Siri: I can ask it's name. I can ask it to marry me if I damn want to (and it will refuse, just good friends excuse).

I don't wanna have to remember commands, I wanna go Star Trek and talk to the machine! The difference is that in iOS they say "Siri", in Star Trek they used to say "computer".

So, get ready to program a few alternatives, like "who are you/what's your name/tell me about yourself" all giving the same results.
    Totally agree. Not sure just how large an app Siri is, or how many servers it takes to make it work, but this developer seems darn determined to keep pushing forward.
    tsells likes this.
    01-13-12 06:45 PM
    I'm so tempted to try this because I like Vlingo, but the novelty of my phone talking back to (a la Star Trek) is so cool. I've used Siri on a friend's phone, and its functionality is pretty much the same as Vlingo, but it's just cooler.

However, I'm a little leery because of tellsells experience with the 9810... that's what I have. Have any other 9810 users had same experience? Or I guess I can just wait for free trial...
    01-13-12 07:03 PM
    I'm so tempted to try this because I like Vlingo, but the novelty of my phone talking back to (a la Star Trek) is so cool. I've used Siri on a friend's phone, and its functionality is pretty much the same as Vlingo, but it's just cooler.

However, I'm a little leery because of tellsells experience with the 9810... that's what I have. Have any other 9810 users had same experience? Or I guess I can just wait for free trial...
    Go for it. The developer claims that it's suppossed to work! I am on OS 7.1 so that might be the culprit, but the developer says that it should work on 7.1 (He also claims that the OS must be an official one, but I have never seen an app that only works on an official OS.)
    Last edited by tellsells; 01-13-12 at 07:28 PM.
    marcho11 likes this.
    01-13-12 07:18 PM
    Go for it. The developer claims that it's suppossed to work! I am on OS 7.1 so that might be the culprit, but the developer says that it should work on 7.1 (He also claims that the OS must be an official one, but I have never seen an app that only works on an official OS.)
    Well, I think I'd better wait then. I'm the same as you... running leaked 7.1 on ATT. In fact, I rarely run an official OS. Thanks for the response.

Congrats on your 2,700th post.
    tsells likes this.
    01-13-12 08:04 PM
    I disagree, it seems to work on my BlackBerry Torch also running on O.S. 7.1 . I don't seem to see any problems with it at all. And as i have mentioned before the features are extremely brilliant!! it is probably a problem with your own phone and not the application which is working perfectly fine.
    Last edited by LOLOLOL99999; 01-14-12 at 11:19 AM. Reason: Forgot to add something
    01-14-12 11:16 AM
    I disagree, it seems to work on my BlackBerry Torch also running on O.S. 7.1 . I don't seem to see any problems with it at all. And as i have mentioned before the features are extremely brilliant!! it is probably a problem with your own phone and not the application which is working perfectly fine.
    That's right. You have 7 posts on CB and you are an expert already. Somehow I suspect that you are associated with BachKhoa University (whatever that actually is.) Let's see a screenshot of your Device Info if you are running OS 7.1. Also, advise all settings that got it to work perfectly.
    There's nothing wrong with my phone and I have yet to see anyone else with a 9810 OS 7.1 chime in to say that this app is working.
    No big deal, as AppWorld issued a refund (and to the OP, AppWorld never issues a refund for an app that works properly!).

And to LOLOLO: This is your very first post on CB:
    I've just bought SayIt! Full version works brilliantly, responds very fast. Has tons of features. The price is JUST $3!. Don't hesitate to get it, It's worth EVERY Penny!, It's the best BlackBerry Voice Recognition App so far. It even speaks back to you.
    Somehow you state that you paid $3.00 for it on January 11 at 7:00 AM, which is before the app was even available for sale (the app costs $5.00 and became available on January 13)
    Last edited by tellsells; 01-14-12 at 12:26 PM.
    01-14-12 12:06 PM
    That's right. You have 7 posts on CB and you are an expert already. Somehow I suspect that you are associated with BachKhoa University (whatever that actually is.) Let's see a screenshot of your Device Info if you are running OS 7.1. Also, advise all settings that got it to work perfectly.
    There's nothing wrong with my phone and I have yet to see anyone else with a 9810 OS 7.1 chime in to say that this app is working.
    No big deal, as AppWorld issued a refund (and to the OP, AppWorld never issues a refund for an app that works properly!).

And to LOLOLO: This is your very first post on CB:
    Somehow you state that you paid $3.00 for it on January 11 at 7:00 AM, which is before the app was even available for sale (the app costs $5.00 and became available on January 13)

To be fair it was available on another website before app world. Not sure the cost though.

01-14-12 01:32 PM
    Re-check your email.
    The app world team doesn't always install apps in my experience. They just review the content submission.

I couldn't get it to record/identify any commands in v1 on my 9650, so that's as far as I messed with it.
    tsells likes this.
    01-14-12 01:54 PM
    The app world team doesn't always install apps in my experience. They just review the content submission.

I couldn't get it to record/identify any commands in v1 on my 9650, so that's as far as I messed with it.
    Hi Scrid2000,
    Because SayIt is very special, the Manager of AppWorld Asia contacted me and his team tested SayIt for 2 days. As you can see, I uploaded SayIt on Jan 11 and then Jan 13 it was approved? Do you think SayIt is special tested by AppWorld? Normally, every apps will be approved after at least 1 week to 10 days. SayIt, just 2 days!
    01-14-12 08:04 PM
    Hi Scrid2000,
    Because SayIt is very special, the Manager of AppWorld Asia contacted me and his team tested SayIt for 2 days. As you can see, I uploaded SayIt on Jan 11 and then Jan 13 it was approved? Do you think SayIt is special tested by AppWorld? Normally, every apps will be approved after at least 1 week to 10 days. SayIt, just 2 days!
    i am not sure what you are trying to say about your approval.
    SCrid is a long time BB user and he says in his post that your app doesn't work!
    I'm not a rookie either, and your app does not work for me either.

So what does the approval process have to do with whether the app works? As SCrid mentioned, AppWorld does not check functionality of an app. They just check whether the app is compliant to all of their rules.
    And AppWorld gave me a refund when they realized that the app doesn't work.

Just a suggestion, fix the app so it works rather than arguing how your app was approved.
    Last edited by tellsells; 01-14-12 at 08:18 PM.
    01-14-12 08:16 PM

So, did you tried v1.1.0, and remember to set all permissons to allow: It's very important!
    :-)
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-14-12 08:29 PM
    so after testing this app for a day i really like it alot and has great potential !!!! it doesnt replace vlingo YET and i say yet but im guessing it will soon....i say to the people it doesnt work for sorry about that cause its pretty SWEET !!!! im sure the developer is hard working on this and is excited so many people are watching this closely..if i can do anything to help test other new functions PLEASE include me. and to the the developer..relax man you will never ever make everybody happy..just politely offer to help and if it doesnt work for them refund and move on

PEACE
    tcamshafter
    Last edited by tcamshafter; 01-14-12 at 09:02 PM.
    01-14-12 08:53 PM
408 ... 34567 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD