Hey guys, as I wrote earlier I have bought SayIt and the new version is totally awesome especially compared to the older versions!
    02-27-12 10:21 PM
    The playback sound wasn't working even though the value was set to 60%. I changed the setting and it works fine now.

The app continues to improve...
    02-28-12 07:26 PM
    SayIt v1.3.3 new features:

Allow you to enable/disable Realtime conversation:

- If Enable: SayIt will talk back every funny thing to you
    - If Disable: SayIt wil use Wolfram Alpha for default search engine
    - Can say :"Voice to Text", "Text to Voice" to activate Voice to Text and Text to Voice function respectively
    - Automatically add SayIt Commander and SayIt Composer menu item to system menu when installed

Tell me how you think about that?
    Last edited by BachKhoa University; 02-29-12 at 07:34 AM. Reason: Font
    02-29-12 06:56 AM
    How does this app compare to Vlingo Pro/Plus virtual assistant? I'm using it and it is marginal at best, but good for driving and listening to emails/texts. Just curious if anyone has compared the two of them. Thanks!
    02-29-12 02:34 PM
    SayIt v1.3.3 new features:

Allow you to enable/disable Realtime conversation:

- If Enable: SayIt will talk back every funny thing to you
    - If Disable: SayIt wil use Wolfram Alpha for default search engine
    - Can say :"Voice to Text", "Text to Voice" to activate Voice to Text and Text to Voice function respectively
    - Automatically add SayIt Commander and SayIt Composer menu item to system menu when installed

Tell me how you think about that?
    Forgive me if this has been covered already:

I was a winner in a SayIt giveaway back when it was 1.1.

How do I download the newest version without having to buy it from App World?

02-29-12 02:52 PM
    I also can't find the app on Crackberry or BB App World? Does it have a different name?
    02-29-12 03:52 PM
    I also can't find the app on Crackberry or BB App World? Does it have a different name?
    This is the link to AppWorld, v1.3.3 will live today:
    SayIt - BlackBerry App World
    02-29-12 05:52 PM
    I downloaded it and nothing works. I have Vlingo on the phone so should I delete it and reboot. Also, the set up screen only shows "enable sayit menu option and record time" NO Enable conversation! So I can't get it to do anything. once it acted like it was working but actually tried to put the msg into Vlingo. Then I read that it only works with BBM--does that mean I can't send txt messages to people that don't have BB's or BBM on their phones. Lastly is there an instruction manual and does the convenience key need to be set on SayIt? It put two icons on front screen as well. Help someone please. thanks
    02-29-12 06:15 PM
    I downloaded it and nothing works. I have Vlingo on the phone so should I delete it and reboot. Also, the set up screen only shows "enable sayit menu option and record time" NO Enable conversation! So I can't get it to do anything. once it acted like it was working but actually tried to put the msg into Vlingo. Then I read that it only works with BBM--does that mean I can't send txt messages to people that don't have BB's or BBM on their phones. Lastly is there an instruction manual and does the convenience key need to be set on SayIt? It put two icons on front screen as well. Help someone please. thanks
    Email me for further instruction!
    02-29-12 06:21 PM
    Remember that, SayIt works via Wifi or Carrier TCP/IP
    If Wifi available, SayIt will auto detect and works via Wifi
    If not wifi, it will work via direct TCP/IP
    To set up TCP/IP, go to Options > Device > Advanced System Settings > TCP/IP then check on the check box "APN settings enabled", and fill in the APN field, if you don't know your APN, contact your carrier to get one, or you can go to:
    BlackBerry TCP IP APN Settings | BlackBerryTune.com

If you catch the exception java.lang.NullPointerException, go to SayIt Settings > Enable Conversation > Save Settings, then it'll be done!
    Last edited by BachKhoa University; 02-29-12 at 08:38 PM. Reason: Add info
    02-29-12 07:22 PM
    can you make google the default search engine and not Wolfram Alpha?
    02-29-12 08:00 PM
    I believe it is a good application. I personally couldn't get it to work but I believe from what I read that it is a great app. Good luck to Mr. Long, the developer. He spent a lot of time with me via email trying to get it to work.
    02-29-12 08:11 PM
    can you make google the default search engine and not Wolfram Alpha?
    Because Google cannot answer something like: "Who is Justin Bieber"

If you catch the exception java.lang.NullPointerException, go to SayIt Settings > Enable Conversation > Save Settings, then it'll be done!
    Last edited by BachKhoa University; 02-29-12 at 08:39 PM. Reason: add info
    02-29-12 08:36 PM
    SayIt v1.3.3 live on AppWorld
    - Enhance speech recogniton to 110%

03-01-12 06:58 AM
    SayIt v1.3.3 live on AppWorld
    - Enhance speech recogniton to 110%

Quick question: What about people tht got the app via giveaway? Do we have to go and buy it or...?
    03-01-12 07:14 AM
    Quick question: What about people tht got the app via giveaway? Do we have to go and buy it or...?
    Not buy, just send me an email then you will rock
    03-01-12 07:21 AM
    Not buy, just send me an email then you will rock
    You guys are getting higher and higher in my book each day... Now... If I can find the old activation code...
    03-01-12 07:28 AM
    You guys are getting higher and higher in my book each day... Now... If I can find the old activation code...
    Email me then everything will be alright!
    Last edited by BachKhoa University; 03-01-12 at 09:01 AM. Reason: grammar correction
    03-01-12 07:32 AM
    I couldn't get it to work for some reason but regardless, "Hats Off" to Mr. Long/BachKhoa University for the great support and help. Good luck to him with his application. We need it!
    03-01-12 06:16 PM
    ************************************Big news here*************************
    SayIt 1.3.5 works over:
    1. Carrier direct TCP/IP
    2. BIS
    3. BES
    4. WIFI

And auto switch to Wifi if available

And 1.3.5 will be available on AppWorld soon
    Last edited by BachKhoa University; 03-01-12 at 07:47 PM.
    Blacklatino likes this.
    03-01-12 07:45 PM
    I couldn't get it to work for some reason but regardless, "Hats Off" to Mr. Long/BachKhoa University for the great support and help. Good luck to him with his application. We need it!
    Resend me an email, I'll send you latest 1.3.5.
    03-01-12 07:46 PM
    UPDATE! Wow! The developer never gave up on my problems and kept emailing me update fixes until it was indeed fixed! I am really impressed with the app but much more with the customer service and support by this person! Hats Off and many thanks to a great developer! The app works great and I've just started playing with it. I hope that it will eventually read text messages while I'm driving like some of the other virtual assistants. It actually may be able to do that and I just haven't figured it out. Thank you BachKhoa University Blackberry Software Development!
    03-01-12 08:25 PM
    UPDATE! Wow! The developer never gave up on my problems and kept emailing me update fixes until it was indeed fixed! I am really impressed with the app but much more with the customer service and support by this person! Hats Off and many thanks to a great developer! The app works great and I've just started playing with it. I hope that it will eventually read text messages while I'm driving like some of the other virtual assistants. It actually may be able to do that and I just haven't figured it out. Thank you BachKhoa University Blackberry Software Development!
    SayIt now solves all network problems. Thanks for your issue
    go1ndr likes this.
    03-01-12 08:46 PM
    yes, best customer support going.
    03-01-12 10:51 PM
    Ofcourse, compared to most other apps, SayIt customer support from BackhKhoa University is pretty much the most helpful and is also very fast, the app is brilliant as well, I have SayIt version 1.3.3 right now and think it is brilliant also much better than v 1.0 which many people had thought was bad but now 1.3.3 is a totally different thing. The speed is also very improved! This app rocks like anything!
    03-02-12 01:54 AM
408 ... 7891011 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD