Nifty! Could you please answer my questions from post 144 and 149 pertaining to requests and bluetooth compatibility?
    thanks!
    02-16-12 03:53 AM
    Nifty! Could you please answer my questions from post 144 and 149 pertaining to requests and bluetooth compatibility?
    thanks!
    Ok! Will BLUETOOTH
    02-16-12 04:06 AM
    Thanks Bachkhoa! Keep it up! I noticed yesterday it doesn't seem to work with a bluetooth headset. Is there a setting I need to change or might this be something for a future release?
    Have ya tried SayIt 1.3? New Speech Engine works well?
    02-16-12 04:15 AM
    The problem of similar apps, is that you should pronounce the language as it was designed for. For example, the native app in the BB mobile, hard to use for non American ( even after training). In the past , and for windows mobiles, there were an application for dialing the contacts by saying their names, which is recorded by the user , and attached to that contact. That was brilliant and very easy to use, specially that you need only to record the names of your most dialed contacts, say 30 at most.

Is this app have the same problem? Thanks
    02-16-12 04:56 AM
    The problem of similar apps, is that you should pronounce the language as it was designed for. For example, the native app in the BB mobile, hard to use for non American ( even after training). In the past , and for windows mobiles, there were an application for dialing the contacts by saying their names, which is recorded by the user , and attached to that contact. That was brilliant and very easy to use, specially that you need only to record the names of your most dialed contacts, say 30 at most.

Is this app have the same problem? Thanks
    Nope! New Speech Engine will auto correct words you say

For the list of APN, you can found here:
    http://www.blackberrytune.com/blackb...-apn-settings/
    Last edited by BachKhoa University; 02-16-12 at 05:51 AM.
    m.seif likes this.
    02-16-12 05:46 AM
    Nope! New Speech Engine will auto correct words you say

For the list of APN, you can found here:
    BlackBerry TCP IP APN Settings | BlackBerryTune.com
    Thank you, can it dial phone numbers ?
    02-16-12 05:53 AM
    Thank you, can it dial phone numbers ?
    Not now, but will do in v1.3.1
    I really wanna some ROCK ideas from you guys! Come on!
    Last edited by BachKhoa University; 02-16-12 at 06:53 AM.
    02-16-12 06:50 AM
    When are you going to update BB App World for version 1.3?

Nevermind... I got it finally. I guess it took a little bit before my phone acknowledged it was there.
    Last edited by minerdigs; 02-16-12 at 08:44 AM.
    02-16-12 08:22 AM
    When are you going to update BB App World for version 1.3?

Nevermind... I got it finally. I guess it took a little bit before my phone acknowledged it was there.
    Yep! On AppWorld now! Live now guys
    02-16-12 09:08 AM
    i would like to be able to say, "dial XYZ contact" and it dial the # setup it contacts.

i would like to say "text mom: mom i will be there is 10 minutes."

i would like to say, "email Jeff: Jeff, how did the meeting go?"

does it already do that? if so, i am in! or if it can be done...
    02-16-12 09:23 AM
    i would like to be able to say, "dial XYZ contact" and it dial the # setup it contacts.

Just research and will add these stuffs, thanks for the ideas!
    02-16-12 09:24 AM
    Just research and will add these stuffs, thanks for the ideas!

thanks
    if that can be done count me in for my $4.99
    now is app world the best place to get it? or somewhere else? is app world paying you?
    02-16-12 09:25 AM
    The voice recog on this app was terrible!! Couldnt understand anything.. It is nothing close to siri, NOTHING!! Vlingo is way better and easier to use.. Only good thing was the devs were easy tp reach and did get back and try to help me.. Ok I updated to the new version and the app.can understand my questions a 100 times better..
    Last edited by Tank1978; 02-16-12 at 04:49 PM.
    02-16-12 09:29 AM
    thanks
    if that can be done count me in for my $4.99
    now is app world the best place to get it? or somewhere else? is app world paying you?
    Not pay me now! Email me: [email protected] for a place ya can find it
    02-16-12 09:30 AM
    The voice recog on this app was terrible!! Couldnt understand anything.. It is nothing close to siri, NOTHING!! Vlingo is way better and easier to use.. Only good thing was the devs were easy tp reach and did get back and try to help me..
    You must used the v1.2.0, now, v1.3.0, ya can feel the ROCKs now! I'm sure about that!
    02-16-12 09:31 AM
    email sent
    02-16-12 09:33 AM
    Have ya tried SayIt 1.3? New Speech Engine works well?
    Hooray! bluetooth now works! the engine still needs some work. for example, i tell it, "status to busy" as directed by the command list, and it replies, "finding some results for 'status too busy'". same with ""the launch commands.
    02-16-12 04:29 PM
    My question is when is the app going to respond via its voice?
    02-16-12 04:53 PM
    Hooray! bluetooth now works! the engine still needs some work. for example, i tell it, "status to busy" as directed by the command list, and it replies, "finding some results for 'status too busy'". same with ""the launch commands.
    Cheers that bluetooth works! Not "launch", using "open" instead. For example: "Open Facebook", "Open Twitter", "Open App World", "Open Options"
    I asked you that's the Speech Recognition translate Voice to Text works well or not?!
    The command will be added and ya guys don't worry!
    Last edited by BachKhoa University; 02-16-12 at 06:23 PM.
    02-16-12 06:21 PM
    so i'm gonna be the bad guy here: this app sucks balls at the moment. but seeing the developer is working diligently with the users, i'm gonna let you keep my $4.99 and not to ask for a refund from appworld, for now.

BU has a long way to go before he can catch up with vlingo, not even to talk about Siri. here i have some suggestions for BU in terms of strategic development and expansion:

obviously BU is a smart dude, but you've gotta realize that the development of an ambitious app is not a one-man job. vlingo is the brain child of a bunch MIT and CMU genius, and siri spun off from a Department of Defend project.

a speech recognition program is not simply a language program or a program trigger to set off some functions only when the speech matches exactly. that was the standards in 2005. today the competition has driven the standards up to where the app has to be able to recognize and understand the dynamic logic and combination of language fragments. and here is exactly where siri and vlingo beat SayIt. also, that is why BU needs to find ways to have experts from other scientific disciplines to work with him. until then, this app can only stay at a indie stage for show-offs, but very difficult to catch a bigger user base.

what's next
    1, enhance functionality. the app is now very insulated. it doesnt automatically paste the generated text into the type box, or input in recipient box. if i'm already touching the screen or keyboard, why the heck should i even be talking to the phone? remember, people use such apps mainly when they are driving. if you wanna go hands free, give it ALL free.

2, dump the whole idea of a static speech banks. indeed, the responses SayIt gives to "how old are you" or "i wanna you" is very cute. but how many questions, or how many ways of saying the same question can you save up in the speech bank? the algorithm of a linguistic logic is the only solution for the expansion of such apps. but again, we are back to the initial argument: BU needs a team from many different scientific disciplines.

well, just some food for thoughts. keep it up, boy. make my $4.99 worth it!
    02-16-12 06:29 PM
    so i'm gonna be the bad guy here: this app sucks balls at the moment. but seeing the developer is working diligently with the users, i'm gonna let you keep my $4.99 and not to ask for a refund from appworld, for now.

BU has a long way to go before he can catch up with vlingo, not even to talk about Siri. here i have some suggestions for BU in terms of strategic development and expansion:

obviously BU is a smart dude, but you've gotta realize that the development of an ambitious app is not a one-man job. vlingo is the brain child of a bunch MIT and CMU genius, and siri spun off from a Department of Defend project.

a speech recognition program is not simply a language program or a program trigger to set off some functions only when the speech matches exactly. that was the standards in 2005. today the competition has driven the standards up to where the app has to be able to recognize and understand the dynamic logic and combination of language fragments. and here is exactly where siri and vlingo beat SayIt. also, that is why BU needs to find ways to have experts from other scientific disciplines to work with him. until then, this app can only stay at a indie stage for show-offs, but very difficult to catch a bigger user base.

what's next
    1, enhance functionality. the app is now very insulated. it doesnt automatically paste the generated text into the type box, or input in recipient box. if i'm already touching the screen or keyboard, why the heck should i even be talking to the phone? remember, people use such apps mainly when they are driving. if you wanna go hands free, give it ALL free.

2, dump the whole idea of a static speech banks. indeed, the responses SayIt gives to "how old are you" or "i wanna you" is very cute. but how many questions, or how many ways of saying the same question can you save up in the speech bank? the algorithm of a linguistic logic is the only solution for the expansion of such apps. but again, we are back to the initial argument: BU needs a team from many different scientific disciplines.

well, just some food for thoughts. keep it up, boy. make my $4.99 worth it!
    The fact that No-one works with me! I've asked all around the world , included RIM
    Vlingo from a guy at MIT, this scientific project is for the Voice to Text! Vlingo just open some apps, do some tasks!
    I understand your thoughts, I'm just a dude who tried his best for his product!
    Last edited by BachKhoa University; 02-16-12 at 06:47 PM.
    02-16-12 06:36 PM
    The fact that No-one works with me! I've asked all around the world , included RIM
    of course not. nobody would venture into something without seeing the potentials. do you have any idea how many proposals these guys get each day? everybody says their app is the best and they need money to get better. a majority of them are just a bunch of trash.

and here is what you are doing wrong: the app sells for too much!

for now, i do think your app has got potentials. but what you need is to attract more traffic , not immediate cash in-flow. you have the crackberry nation here to support you. but nobody is gonna pay 5 bucks for a half-baked app.

change the app to 99 cents, or even give it away for free. rack up downloads and reviews, keep it on record, make it visible to those who have resources, let it be cash or talent. then you might have a better chance of getting a team together.
    Last edited by hjang86; 02-16-12 at 07:47 PM.
    02-16-12 06:49 PM

Check this:

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tKnRejz31Xc[/YT]
    Last edited by BachKhoa University; 02-17-12 at 02:57 AM.
    02-17-12 02:34 AM
    "Email Mom, message I'll be there at 6 PM tonight"

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oRqjHcNeTdo[/YT]
    Last edited by BachKhoa University; 02-17-12 at 04:39 AM.
    02-17-12 04:30 AM
    I won a copy of SayIt recently and I promised BU to leave some feed back on the forums. I have both Vlingo and SayIt so I can do a comparison of the two.

In v1.3 SayIt's new speech engine is very fast, much faster than Vlingo, although Vlingo's recognition rate is better than SayIt's.

I wish that unrecognized commands in SayIt did not default to web searches. If I want to do a web search the proper format should be to say "search" or "web" or "google" (or similar) and then the search term. This would make the action unambiguous.

You should be able to launch any installed app by simply saying, for example, "launch" or "open" and the app name. SayIt obviously recognizes words you say, so having it look at installed apps when you issue the "launch" or "open" command should be easily implemented.

The "you are sexy" conversations with SayIt are cute, and maybe fun to show off to others, but not really useful. The effort to implement that could be directed more productively to other features.

I wish SayIt had an option to turn off the audio confirmation that comes when certain commands are recognized. (And also that SayIt would remember the volume level instead of resetting it to 70% every time the app starts up --- it's loud.)

And finally, as another poster noted, one should be able to put the cursor in a text box, push a convenience key, speak the intended text box contents into the phone, and have SayIt populate the text box with what you said (much like Vlingo -- very convenient!), rather than have to go through the speech-to-text or text-to-speech buttons in the app.

This app has potential, given the very fast speech engine. It is early days yet in the development life of this app, and it is a small dev team, but the app needs some polishing to make it a serious contender to something like Vlingo.

I don't think that any such app needs to bill itself as "the best alternative to Siri". Siri has a lot of useless fluff built in (like having a conversation with it) ... but put together a solid app that can reliably launch any of your built-in apps, fill in text boxes in those apps, perform an app's commands within that app, and do "universal" searches, and you've got a winner. What more use would there really be for a speech recognition app?
    02-17-12 10:55 AM
408 ... 56789 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD