Tried to use OTA link from my BB 9810 but file not found.
    New link?
    Thx
    01-06-12 09:43 AM
    Some functions on this app fail to load/work.

I can't go into settings, command list. Only text to voice, voice to text, and the "Say a command" button.

Torch 9800.
    As I said, it's just pre-beta, so the "Settings" and "Command List" not work!
    01-06-12 10:31 AM
    Why is it everyone feel the need to compare instead of just taking something on its own merits? If your interest is apple & iphones your on the wrong forum wasting space.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Exactly! +1
    01-06-12 11:36 AM
    A good start, I see where it's going... I tried it on a Torch, but it couldn't properly translate to text anything I said (and I have no accent!).
    01-06-12 11:43 AM
    Tried it, tried to say one thing, gave me a java error then froze my phone. Unistalled it.

Sorry I can't remember what the error message was.
    01-06-12 12:21 PM
    Tried it, tried to say one thing, gave me a java error then froze my phone. Unistalled it.

So, what is your phone model and your OS. Remember to set all permission to allow and BIS/BES/3G/H+/EDGE internet connection!
    01-06-12 10:53 PM
    A good start, I see where it's going... I tried it on a Torch, but it couldn't properly translate to text anything I said (and I have no accent!).
    Remember to set all permission to allow and BIS/BES/3G/H+/EDGE internet connection!
    01-06-12 10:55 PM

Some phone is enable content protection by default, so SayIt can't work and you will see the error message :"java.lang.IllegalStateException":

To disable content protection :

OS 5:
    1. On the Home screen of the BlackBerry smartphone, click Options.
    2. In the Options menu, navigate to Security Options.
    3. In Security Options, choose Encryption.
    4. Change the Encryption to Disabled.
    5. Press the Menu key and click Save.

OS 6 and 7
    1. On the Home screen of the BlackBerry smartphone, click Options.
    2. In the Options menu, navigate to Security.
    3. In Security , choose Encryption.
    4. Select the check box placing a check mark next to Encrypt and uncheck to disable it
    01-07-12 12:00 AM
    I tried SayIt on a 9810 under several OS7 versions - it installed correctly, but when I tried saying a command, I would get "Listening" but then nothing further would happen.

I did ensure that all permissions were set to allow
    I did ensure that encryption was disabled (I don't normally use encryption anyway)
    I did not set my device to "BIS/BES/3G/H+/EDGE internet connection" - not sure what you meant by this - but device was set to "3G/4G and 2G" network configuration (I am on AT&T)

I also got an error message (can't remember what it was) one time only.

I tried several of the voice command listed - none worked.

I tried with both my Bluetooth earpiece as well as the device microphone.

I unistalled and re-installed the application.

This is a very promising application - I hope you can get the issues resolved - and I commend you on the work - this was undoubtedly not an easy application to develop - I am looking forward to using it!!
    01-08-12 08:43 AM
    Nice app. Worked for me the first few times I used it but hasn't been working since yesterday. When I hit the say it button in the bb menu, it allows me to speak but it tends to start "thinking" even before I finish speaking. and then it gets stuck and doesn't allow me to get rid of the "thinking" box..
    Running os 7.0.0.590 on bb 9900.

Keep at it mate.. It looks very promising!
    01-08-12 09:02 AM
    I tried SayIt on a 9810 under several OS7 versions - it installed correctly, but when I tried saying a command, I would get "Listening" but then nothing further would happen.

I did ensure that all permissions were set to allow
    I did ensure that encryption was disabled (I don't normally use encryption anyway)
    I did not set my device to "BIS/BES/3G/H+/EDGE internet connection" - not sure what you meant by this - but device was set to "3G/4G and 2G" network configuration (I am on AT&T)

I also got an error message (can't remember what it was) one time only.

I tried several of the voice command listed - none worked.

I tried with both my Bluetooth earpiece as well as the device microphone.

I unistalled and re-installed the application.

This is a very promising application - I hope you can get the issues resolved - and I commend you on the work - this was undoubtedly not an easy application to develop - I am looking forward to using it!!
    Ok, thanks for your comments
    Remember, it just the pre-beta version
    The current version I'm developing works well
    The full version will be released at Jan 12, 2012
    01-08-12 09:26 AM
    Ok, thanks for your comments
    Remember, it just the pre-beta version
    The current version I'm developing works well
    The full version will be released at Jan 12, 2012
    Thanks - I will check this thread again on Jan 12 - I am really excited for this app to work!!!
    01-08-12 11:10 AM
    Looking forward to it. Make it really good so we can pest RIM till they hire you!
    01-09-12 02:21 PM
    This is the completed version, can answer any questions

http://blackberryempire.com/2012/01/...-ota-included/

User who want to use this version must donate via paypal: [email protected]
    to obtain free registration code
    Last edited by BachKhoa University; 01-10-12 at 01:26 AM.
    diegonei likes this.
    01-10-12 01:17 AM

Siri Like App For BlackBerry SayIt Updates to v1.1.0 With Some Nice Changes & Additions OTA Included! | BlackBerry Empire

If you are required to donate, how can you call this a free app?

From the download page:

*Note: Developer Message: If users want to use this early version which will be published to App World they must donate to [email protected] for a registration code. You won�t want to miss out on such a great app!
    01-10-12 05:41 AM
    If you are required to donate, how can you call this a free app?

From the download page:

*Note: Developer Message: If users want to use this early version which will be published to App World they must donate to [email protected] for a registration code. You won�t want to miss out on such a great app!
    Nope! It's not free app, free for Beta version!
    01-10-12 05:44 AM
    It is not a free app if "donation" is required. This is a pay app that is falsly advertised. The dev should change this in app world to a pay app or remove the "donation" required.
    01-10-12 05:46 AM

Siri Like App For BlackBerry SayIt Updates to v1.1.0 With Some Nice Changes & Additions OTA Included! | BlackBerry Empire

Your own words my friend... Free, at least in this part of the world, means no charge, no dollars, dong, rupees, whatever. A registration code cannot be free if you are required to donate something to get it.

I smell the vultures circling...

I would say that you were gathering a good group of supporters with your initial release. Inconsistencies like this will sink a ship fast.
    01-10-12 05:53 AM
    Your own words my friend... Free, at least in this part of the world, means no charge, no dollars, dong, rupees, whatever. A registration code cannot be free if you are required to donate something to get it.

I would say that you were gathering a good group of supporters with your initial release. Inconsistencies like this will sink a ship fast.
    Re - email me your PIN!
    01-10-12 06:44 AM
    It is not a free app if "donation" is required. This is a pay app that is falsly advertised. The dev should change this in app world to a pay app or remove the "donation" required.
    Re-email me your PIN!
    01-10-12 06:45 AM

Hey my friends,
    I've just submitted SayIt to AppWorld as a paid app with Fixed Price, and for about next 10 days, it will be released!
    So, the registration code now is just a small donation belong to you to get SayIt now, not until next 10 days. I haven't said that SayIt is free app before!
    01-10-12 06:49 AM
    Re - email me your PIN!
    Sorry to be slow on the draw here. Perhaps there is a slight language barrier and if so, I apologize. Are you saying you want those who download the app to email/"donate" their PIN to you? Or do you just want mine? If you want mine it's posted, as it's always been, right there by my name and info.
    01-10-12 06:50 AM
    Sorry to be slow on the draw here. Perhaps there is a slight language barrier and if so, I apologize. Are you saying you want those who download the app to email/"donate" their PIN to you? Or do you just want mine? If you want mine it's posted, as it's always been, right there by my name and info.
    Now, the app hasn't been published to AppWorld yet, so I require Paypal for the registration code (the donate ammount belong to you). IF the app is published by AppWorld, the code will be free to whom bought it on AppWorld
    If the app is released, I will never need Paypal.

Email me with your PIN! I'll send you the code because you have some good suggestion for me!
    If you were me, what would you do ? Free or PAID?
    Last edited by BachKhoa University; 01-10-12 at 06:57 AM.
    01-10-12 06:54 AM
    Now, the app hasn't been published to AppWorld yet, so I require Paypal for the registration code (the donate ammount belong to you). IF the app is published by AppWorld, the code will be free to whom bought it on AppWorld
    If the app is released, I will never need Paypal.

Email me with your PIN! I'll send you the code because you have some good suggestion for me!
    If you were me, what would you do ? Free or PAID?
    Let's back up a bit. Siri is a fantastic and well polished app that has a huge following and great support. There is nothing exactly like it in the Blackberry world. Vlingo does some similar things but still isn't in the same class as Siri. You are in the process of creating an app that may provide a Siri-like experience for the Blackberry. If that becomes a polished and useful app you can no doubt do well financially as the app grows in distribution. During that growing process many other app developers provided the app free in the Beta process to the Crackberry world. You have thousands of built-in testers, abusers and tire kickers here at your disposal who will work the app, find the bugs, offers suggestion and overal improve your application. I would suggest you use this vast pool of knowledge and support here to grow your app in a free environment, learning and improving as you go. There should come a point in time where you'll consider your project to be "Market Ready". Here is where other developers have gone on to be successful or melted back into their own little world by how they treat and respond to those who have helped during the development cycle.

I'm not saying give away free copies to every single person who tries and and holds out their hand, but a reasonable distribution of product to maybe a core group who have invested their time and pain into helping you make a better product.

I think almost everyone here wants to see successful development of cool apps for their Blackberries, and many are more than willing to partner with you and help, if you maintain a willingness to accept critical analysis, the occasional sour grapes person, and still keep smiling with your forward progress.

This is just my opinion. Best wishes in whatever direction you choose.
    01-10-12 07:11 AM
    Let's back up a bit. Siri is a fantastic and well polished app that has a huge following and great support. There is nothing exactly like it in the Blackberry world. Vlingo does some similar things but still isn't in the same class as Siri. You are in the process of creating an app that may provide a Siri-like experience for the Blackberry. If that becomes a polished and useful app you can no doubt do well financially as the app grows in distribution. During that growing process many other app developers provided the app free in the Beta process to the Crackberry world. You have thousands of built-in testers, abusers and tire kickers here at your disposal who will work the app, find the bugs, offers suggestion and overal improve your application. I would suggest you use this vast pool of knowledge and support here to grow your app in a free environment, learning and improving as you go. There should come a point in time where you'll consider your project to be "Market Ready". Here is where other developers have gone on to be successful or melted back into their own little world by how they treat and respond to those who have helped during the development cycle.

I'm not saying give away free copies to every single person who tries and and holds out their hand, but a reasonable distribution of product to maybe a core group who have invested their time and pain into helping you make a better product.

I think almost everyone here wants to see successful development of cool apps for their Blackberries, and many are more than willing to partner with you and help, if you maintain a willingness to accept critical analysis, the occasional sour grapes person, and still keep smiling with your forward progress.

This is just my opinion. Best wishes in whatever direction you choose.
    Yep, I'm contacting your moderator to make a Give Away!
    Thanks for your suggestion mate!
    All of your suggestion like a suggestion of a brother to his younger brother ( actually, I think I'm very young, so need many suggestion from you)! I'm very appreciate!
    trucky likes this.
    01-10-12 07:26 AM
408 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD