Note: I am not the author of this app, just thought it deserved a mention:

Currently available in App World: http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...77606/?lang=en

Want a Personal Assistant on your BlackBerry? Just say it with Say It!

SayIt needs APN settings to work, to set up APN go to Options -- Device -- Advanced System Settings -- TCP/IP then check on the check box "APN settings enabled", and fill in the APN field, if you don't know your APN, contact your carrier to get one, or you can go to:
    http://www.blackberrytune.com/blackb...-apn-settings/ to find your network APN

************************************************** ************************************************** ****
    SayIt is a Voice Recognition and Assistant software, so you can:

1. Ask anything you want and SayIt will answer you. For example: "How old is the earth?", "Who is Justin Bieber?", "1 plus 1 equals?", "Tell me about your self?",
    "What's the weather like?",....and a lot more!
    2. You can compose new Email , new Message, open BlackBerry Map, task, calendar,.... using your voice
    2. You can Compose SMS, Email, BBM or any text typing use your own voice!
    3. You can convert Text to Speech and download the converted text as *.mp3 format
    4. You can convert Speech to Text and copy the text to send via BBM, SMS, MMS, Email,....

System requirements:
    1. BlackBerry OS 5, 6, 7 and higher
    2. Internet connecttion: BIS, BES, 3G, H+, EDGE, GPRS, Wifi and a direct TCP/IP
    3. Alow all permissions (For OS5:Options - Device - Application Management - SayIt - Edit Permission - Connections (Allow), Interactions (Allow), User Data (Allow), For OS 6 and higher: Options - Advanced Options - Application Permission - SayIt - Edit permissions - Connections (Allow), Interactions (Allow), User Data (Allow))

How to use:
    1. Voice Recognition: Press "SayIt" button then say a command you want.
    2. Compose SMS, Email, BBM, text typing using your voice instead of typing: In any text input fields (for example: BBM chat box, new message, new SMS, new task,...) Press BlackBerry's Menu key, then choose "SayIt",
    after that, a dialog box will show the text what you've said, press OK on the Dialog then you're done!
    3. Text to Speech: Type or copy any text you want then Choose Voice - press SayIt button - Done!
    4. Speech to Text: Choose record time - Press Record button - Done
    Last edited by lyricidal; 03-03-12 at 02:34 PM.
    01-04-12 05:15 PM
    it doesnt understand a command I give it
    but when i swear at it, it understand completely
    lyricidal and Blacklatino like this.
    01-04-12 05:26 PM
    And for those not cultured enough to read Vietnamese......

Google Translate
    lyricidal likes this.
    01-04-12 05:31 PM
    So the siri app is in Vietnamese or English?
    01-04-12 05:41 PM
    The app operates in English.
    01-04-12 06:29 PM
    Guys, it is just the pre-beta version, I'm working hard to complete it, you can check out the available command list here:

Add me via BBM: 279a8ab5
    Or email me: [email protected]
    Last edited by BachKhoa University; 01-05-12 at 10:32 AM.
    01-04-12 07:32 PM
    Any plan of adding french to it?
    Berrimad likes this.
    01-05-12 11:53 AM
    I tried it, it worked about 60% of the time. Keep at it.
    01-05-12 06:26 PM
    its funny to me that every brand tries to be apple, and most every consumer wants an iphone or a phone thats like an iphone, yet people still buy competing products, only to attempt to make them even more like an iphone
    chesterhall likes this.
    01-05-12 07:40 PM
    I've never been a big fan of voice control apps. Something about saying out loud what youre doing seems impersonal.
    Thachoc1, joju58, spike12 and 3 others like this.
    01-05-12 07:41 PM
    any support for 9900 7.1?
    01-05-12 08:02 PM
    Well om my curve 3g it doesnot open the settings nor the available voice commands
    01-05-12 08:44 PM
    A very good start. You are onto something here so keep at it. Many will appreciate it.
    01-05-12 08:45 PM
    its funny to me that every brand tries to be apple, and most every consumer wants an iphone or a phone thats like an iphone, yet people still buy competing products, only to attempt to make them even more like an iphone
    Apple was not the first to make a phone. Nor the first to make a touch screen phone. Nor the first to make a capacitive touch screen phone. Nor the first to include a menu button on a phone. Nor the first to include icons in the operating system. Nor the first to make a tablet (whose design looks awfully similar to a Windows tablet that was released years earlier). Nor the first to make a voice-control app.... Seems to me like Apple is actually copying everyone else (iMessage is a perfect example). And consumers buy competing products because they are nicer, funner, have more features and are more appealing, and other companies actually change/update their operating systems, whereas the iPhone 4s (2011) looks exactly like my 1st generation iPod touch (2007), save for a few minor differences... Hope this helps!
    01-05-12 09:01 PM
    +1. .
    relberts1625 likes this.
    01-05-12 09:02 PM
    Its alright. Don't really see the point in it. If you're too lazy to trype your txts or emails then this app is for you.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-05-12 10:55 PM
    i like it, keep up the good work
    01-06-12 12:06 AM
    I dont think other companies should directly copy but if the market is moving in a direction then that has to be recognized. Just think if RIM had recognized that capacitive touch screen was the way to go rather than sure press? Apple didnt mind "copying" RIM by puting email on the iphone in the first place.

Point is its not a bad thing if we eventually get something like siri, I just hope it has more personality options, I would want a sexy money penny.
    01-06-12 12:24 AM
    that's just a cynical way of looking at things. people just want maximum functionality out of their phones, albeit involving the incorporation of functions in other major mobile phone brands. and I'm sure you do too.
    01-06-12 12:50 AM
    nice application keep up the good work.
    01-06-12 12:55 AM
    Update 06/01/2012: Random question

I say: "Who is Justin Bieber", then:

"How old is the earth?"

"Square root of 400?"

01-06-12 05:11 AM
    Some functions on this app fail to load/work.

I can't go into settings, command list. Only text to voice, voice to text, and the "Say a command" button.

Torch 9800.
    01-06-12 05:54 AM
    Why is it everyone feel the need to compare instead of just taking something on its own merits? If your interest is apple & iphones your on the wrong forum wasting space.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    cuto, wxmancanada and wilsey like this.
    01-06-12 07:59 AM
    Looks good Bach!!!!
    01-06-12 08:00 AM
    I dont think other companies should directly copy but if the market is moving in a direction then that has to be recognized. Just think if RIM had recognized that capacitive touch screen was the way to go rather than sure press? Apple didnt mind "copying" RIM by puting email on the iphone in the first place.

Point is its not a bad thing if we eventually get something like siri, I just hope it has more personality options, I would want a sexy money penny.
    RIM tried something different with Surepress. I liked it. But, it didn't catch with the masses. Capacitive touch wasn't something new and fresh. Just revamped if you will.
    01-06-12 09:12 AM
408 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD