Theghost88: I spot 9650/5.0.0.601

interesting...
    04-01-10 04:49 PM
    BS. They don't have the new BOLD even manufactured yet. This guy is looking at the older Tour2 model. Everyone needs to relax.......NO PICS have been released of the NEWER Bold model.
    04-01-10 06:08 PM
    04-01-10 07:15 PM
    BS. They don't have the new BOLD even manufactured yet. This guy is looking at the older Tour2 model. Everyone needs to relax.......NO PICS have been released of the NEWER Bold model.
    Woahhh. All he said is he spots a 9650 and .601. There have been slot of 9650 pics. And I believe that thegoast has access to inside info if I remember correctly.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-01-10 07:20 PM
    According to Sal, if there was another OS leak for the 9650, it meant that the phone we have been seeing is the one that is going to come out. It makes sense to me. Why would they keep testing an OS if the phone was scrapped?
    04-01-10 07:43 PM
    Haha now wait hold on....you have no idea if they have already made this phone or not, so really your just making that up. I really don't think RIM would get rid of all those phones they made anyway, and it makes sense that they would just change the name to not tick off all the people that have just bought and will buy the original tour. I think you just really really want a better phone than what we've seen so you've convinced yourself in your head that they are making a completely new phone haha......
    Last edited by Biezestreet; 04-01-10 at 07:52 PM.
    04-01-10 07:50 PM
    I just saw this on twitter, it seems like the link is not working now. Hmmmmm....

04-01-10 07:55 PM
    I just saw this on twitter, it seems like the link is not working now. Hmmmmm....

CB messed that up. They made a blog about old information we already had on this forum about the release date set for May. They thought it was new information till we pointed it out it was old information. CB pulled the blog, which is why the link doesnt work
    04-01-10 08:09 PM
    well darn it, I thought it was gonna be new information!
    04-01-10 08:16 PM
    Haha now wait hold on....you have no idea if they have already made this phone or not, so really your just making that up. I really don't think RIM would get rid of all those phones they made anyway, and it makes sense that they would just change the name to not tick off all the people that have just bought and will buy the original tour. I think you just really really want a better phone than what we've seen so you've convinced yourself in your head that they are making a completely new phone haha......
    This is cracking me up. We have 50% of the posters on this website stating that all the 9650x pics with 5.0 OS are OLD test units. In fact the guy that received the Sprint version today is in Europe, not on the Sprint network. The same people are all "insiders" also and say the new BOLD will have a BOLD signature on the back of the leather battery cover. Now, we have the other 50% that says the Tour 2/Essex that was pulled from being released is still the same phone but with a newer 5.0 OS.

The blogs get better and better. I don't believe ANYTHING anymore until RIM and or VERIZON announce the release date. It seems like everyone in this forum is an "insider" these days.

Let the BS continue.......
    04-01-10 08:20 PM
    I don't believe ANYTHING anymore until RIM and or VERIZON announce the release date..

Well, and I have no inside information, but you'd better darn sure believe the BS W*I*L*L continue!

On and on and on and on...
    04-01-10 09:05 PM
    According to Sal, if there was another OS leak for the 9650, it meant that the phone we have been seeing is the one that is going to come out. It makes sense to me. Why would they keep testing an OS if the phone was scrapped?
    with all due respect, Lets not quote sal right now. He is as lost as you and I on this phone.
    04-01-10 09:25 PM
    This is cracking me up. We have 50% of the posters on this website stating that all the 9650x pics with 5.0 OS are OLD test units. In fact the guy that received the Sprint version today is in Europe, not on the Sprint network. The same people are all "insiders" also and say the new BOLD will have a BOLD signature on the back of the leather battery cover. Now, we have the other 50% that says the Tour 2/Essex that was pulled from being released is still the same phone but with a newer 5.0 OS.

The blogs get better and better. I don't believe ANYTHING anymore until RIM and or VERIZON announce the release date. It seems like everyone in this forum is an "insider" these days.

Who said there was going to be a leather battery door? I know Kevin said the bold stamped in the back but this is the first ive heard that it is suppose to have the dumb leather.

04-01-10 09:47 PM
    If you see leaked pix of a CDMA Bold it might make you a believer!
    04-01-10 09:54 PM
    I don't know what the big deal is. There is an OS on a unreleased phone, so what. It has happened before.
    04-01-10 09:57 PM
    lets also not forget that ghost was one of the first to tell everyone the tour 2 would be called bold.
    04-01-10 09:58 PM
    lets also not forget that ghost was one of the first to tell everyone the tour 2 would be called bold.
    Shoutouts to twitter follow me! Lol

04-01-10 10:00 PM

Haha, you must think your an insider too, since you just seem to KNOW that this is a brand new phone. I don't know if it will be or not, but all I was just trying to say don't go around "correcting" people telling them that this is a completely different phone unless you actually KNOW FOR SURE what your talking about.
    Last edited by Biezestreet; 04-01-10 at 10:26 PM.
    04-01-10 10:20 PM
    very interested in seeing if this can be made into a hybrid for the 9630
    04-01-10 10:26 PM
    I don't know what the big deal is. There is an OS on a unreleased phone, so what. It has happened before.
    But IF this phone turns out to be completely different, has RIM ever made a phone like this where people are out there who actually own the real "scrapped" model?? If there is a completely different phone, the few scrapped models left are going to be worth a ton of money down the road haha....
    04-01-10 10:39 PM
    But IF this phone turns out to be completely different, has RIM ever made a phone like this where people are out there who actually own the real "scrapped" model?? If there is a completely different phone, the few scrapped models left are going to be worth a ton of money down the road haha....
    yes RIM has done that in the past. The latest one was with the 9700 Bold. the first pictures and real phones that were the test unit 9700 Bolds had a trackball and a plastic flat battery door.

it wasnt till the 9700 Bold got announced where we saw the trackpad and the faux leather door.

even Sal has had the 9700 Bold with the trackball and flat plastic battery door before it was released

Another is the Storm 1. The leaked pictures showed an entirely different phone that what came out. It was suppose to be called Blackberry "thunder" RIM scrapped that, and redesigned the phone and then called it a Storm.
    Last edited by mjbesen310; 04-02-10 at 07:24 AM.
    04-02-10 07:22 AM
    here is the converstation that theghost88 and i had about the phone:

Theghost88: i spot 9650/5.0.0.601

frominsidemusic: can you post some pics of 9650?

Theghost88: pics of the 9650 have been posted everywhere.

frominsidemusic: so the 9650 you saw isn't the one with the bold stamp an the new battery door?

Theghost88: i am using one now.

Theghost88: and why r u so curious?

frominsidemusic: because i am waiting for it to release and since you hvae some info, i thought i'd ask.

Theghost88: ahh ic yes it's a very nice device. think may.

frominsdemusic: if you have one, there must be others who do. why haven't there been more leaks about pics and specs? only scrapped scrapped tour2 stuff

Theghost88: there have been, just n one has really noticed they look the same just revamped internally.
    04-02-10 09:29 AM
    you should have asked him for a picture of the battery cover and what has been changed internally.
    04-02-10 09:31 AM
    i did, i asked if he'd hook me up with some pics and specs and whether it'd be a world phone, but he said no cuz he doesnt know me
    04-02-10 09:32 AM
    i did, i asked if he'd hook me up with some pics and specs and whether it'd be a world phone, but he said no cuz he doesnt know me
    its not that he doesnt know you, its that hes full of crap. NO one has the new Bold yet. we havnt even seen any leaked pictures of the new Bold after the hardware change. I'm sure he does have a 9650, but its the old one before the hardware change.
    04-02-10 10:13 AM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD