I did a real quick search and didn't see this (like I said, it was a quick search). How about an app that would allow the user to take a pic of a savings card (those barcoded cards that stores use) then pull it up from the memory card rather than having to browse through their pictures. That way you wouldn't have to have a bunch of little tags on a keyring. I'm not even sure if you could scan barcode images but it would save time and keyring/wallet space!

Here's how i think it would go:
    1. Take a closeup pic of the barcode on the savings card.
    2. open the app and add card. Name card. (Staples, Giant Eagle, Shop N Save, etc...)
    3. Link the card name to the barcode pic on the memory card
    4. When at the store, open the app, select the card name and the pic appears. Scan and get discounts!

Did that make sense? Would anyone be interested in it? Is it possible? Would anyone like to code it?
    03-14-09 12:43 PM
    One airline (forget which) has been testing electronic boarding passes where your BB or PDA just displays the barcode and they scan that. Same concept.
    03-14-09 12:49 PM
    i know there is an android app just like this... i would love to find one for blackberry... anyone know of one?
    07-30-09 09:53 AM
    The newest Blackberry Messenger 5.0 is supposed to have barcodes that other Blackberry users can just scan rather than having to type in the other persons PIN so scanning a barcode from a picture on your Blackberry sounds possible aslong as it was a clear enough picture
    07-30-09 09:59 AM
    i really like this idea and have always wanted to write it, give me a week and ill see what I can cook up
    07-30-09 12:36 PM
    any luck with this?
    08-06-09 08:12 AM
    no not yet, had to work alot more than expected this week, and I am trying to get another app out the door, ill report back when I do, shouldnt be very hard though
    08-06-09 01:46 PM
    Continental Airline does it now.

You can have your bording pass emailed to you which is scanned at the boarding gate. Works great.
    08-06-09 01:52 PM
    Continental Airline does it now.

You can have your bording pass emailed to you which is scanned at the boarding gate. Works great.
    American does this too, i used it last week and it was awesome.... I should have something for everyone tonight
    08-06-09 04:31 PM
    here you go.... if you want anything added to it, aka more info about the store let me know, storm users i suggest tilting to landscape before opening the card, this will probably only work for 4.6+ havent tested anything lower

http://www.allkappssoftware.com/scanandsave.jad
    08-07-09 12:38 AM
    That would actually be pretty neat
    08-07-09 10:38 AM
    That would actually be pretty neat
    download it and give it a try for me
    08-07-09 10:57 AM
    open card doesnt seem to work
    08-07-09 11:08 AM
    open card doesnt seem to work
    Ya open card dosent do anything for me either.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-07-09 12:26 PM
    nothing at all? Ok it works for me, ill look into it, if you edit it what does the path say?
    08-07-09 12:45 PM
    Actually I've doing this for a while. The best way I think is to add a subfolder in quicklaunch called "cards" and then just use quicklaunch to open up an image. It works great and its fast too. It only takes a second to bring up any card I choose. Plus I dont have to have another app on my phone to take up space. Try it and let me know what you guys think.
    08-07-09 12:52 PM
    nothing at all? Ok it works for me, ill look into it, if you edit it what does the path say?
    It says SDcard/blackberry/pictures then the picture

08-07-09 01:05 PM
    It says SDcard/blackberry/pictures then the picture

plus "card name"
    08-07-09 02:06 PM
    In the program it says "SDCard", but when i look at the picture properties it says "MediaCard", dunno if that matters
    08-07-09 03:11 PM
    plus "card name"
    do you mean the actual card name is tagged on to the picture? sorry, i just did this in a few hours yesterday and it worked on the storm simulator and my bold so it seemed good to go haha!
    08-07-09 03:54 PM

the app is nice and simple but a few commands dont work correct, also when i used "capture it" to take this picture it changed path to /capturexxx

keep working on it please, you are soooo close
    08-07-09 05:08 PM
    haha ok, the only problem is that it works on my device and simulator and I dont know what could be causing the problems. CaptureIt should not even show up in the menu
    08-08-09 04:16 PM
    Could someone maybe post a link to this app when it's done and working? I'd love to have it or at least try it out. If there already is a link can someone direct me in the right direction?
    08-08-09 04:45 PM
    theres your link
    08-08-09 04:54 PM
    You don't need another app if u already have quicklaunch. Its pretty much built in. Come on guys...

08-09-09 10:08 PM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD