OK... so I just bought the 9650 on Sprint and I love it.

I was doing some snooping on a particular android blog and watched a video on their newest OS, FROYO, or 2.2. One of the added features is the ability to save and launch apps from the micro SD card.

Can someone PLEASE explain why my 16gb micro SD card can only store media, docs, etc.?

Hopefully this is one of the aces up RIM's sleeve with the release of OS6 next quarter.

Cheers!

D
    05-28-10 05:48 PM
    It's been a point of contention for many for a long time now. It cannot be done due to RIM and clients demand for security. Others and I have speclated that they might eventually allow this, but for now, it's not gonna happen.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-28-10 06:35 PM
    It's been a point of contention for many for a long time now. It cannot be done due to RIM and clients demand for security. Others and I have speclated that they might eventually allow this, but for now, it's not gonna happen.
    It would seem to me that the ability to run programs from the media card would be something the client could disable with the IT policy, if the feature were to exist.

Maybe RIM just isn't worried about the other 50% (?) of their market that's not so anal about security?
    05-28-10 06:39 PM
    Windows Mobile has done this for quite a while.

BB's can't do it as of now. I don't know how you could run out of memory on a Bold though...i've added 7 programs on top of 5 Sprint/RIM apps and i'm still at 310mb free.
    05-28-10 07:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD