Hurrah I'm back! After DH terminated my Blackberry Bold 9000 I got a HTC Desire - really didn't like the touch screen especially for texting. Have just bought a Blackberry Bold 9780 and am trying to set it up.
    Here's the question - have downloaded Corus Radio and Beweather from the App Store (on the laptop not through the phone) and it also downloaded Wireless radio (which I presume is because of the Corus Radio) and it says I've only got roughly half of 500mb space available for app storage. Does this phone not save to the SD memory card? At this rate I can only have another two apps. Is it different if I download from the App Store on the phone?
    I am a very a happy bunny today I can tell you - Mr B2 rules
    01-14-11 01:21 PM
    It is a media card and you can not download software to it.
    01-14-11 01:24 PM
    Umm most of that 512mb of memory is used for the OS. The average BlackBerry app is less than 1mb (you can see how big they are when you install them), so you've got room for a couple hundred apps still.

Just a note: By going to Options> Device> Application Management, and scrolling left or right until you get to "Memory" will show you how that 512mb of memory is being used.
    01-14-11 01:38 PM
    OK as you can tell from not knowing about mb and kb I am technologically stupid and don't understand
    Thanks for replying and setting it out in simple terms without calling me an *****
    I love this phone and the battery is great. Only gripe is I can't have The Hockey News as an app so can't keep up with the Habs scores
    01-15-11 05:54 AM
    @Vancouver Meg,
    What bb app is so big...
    9000 to 9780, world has changed....
    But app memory is still 512 MegaBytes.
    And due to security policies no app saving on memory card.
    On most of platforms its called Memory Card because it is used as a extended memory.
    On BB is it called Media Card because it can only media files (mp3, jpg, png, mp4, etc) not apps/games

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-15-11 08:45 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD