hey everyone- im new to this site and have some questions. i have a tour and love it- save for crummy verizon service and no wifi. id like to move to a bold- but the 128mb is concerning. ive heard that i can save apps (like facebook and google talk) to the 1gb card and run from there. the att guy told me this- so dont soot me. is that true? i am a heavy user and want to be sure that i dont get myself caught with a device with memory shortcomings. thanks
    08-05-09 07:55 AM
    It is possible. There is an application that allows you to do so, but it's a piece of junk. I will have to locate the thread about how to do this...

You can try searching for it too.

Chris
    08-05-09 10:28 AM
    thanks. as a bold user have you noticed any memory issues?
    08-05-09 10:44 AM
    No. I have my Bold LOADED and it works like a champ. My 16Gb MicroSD is about full too and it remains responsive and fast.

Chris
    08-05-09 10:51 AM
    thank you....youve help me alot!
    08-05-09 10:53 AM
    Not a problem!

Chris
    08-05-09 12:41 PM
    My Bold is very filled, my 16 gb microSD card is about half full, all good here. The latest OS does have a bug where there is a delay in loading thumbnails from the microSD card but it is not a huge deal.

I believe the latest version of App World allows you to archive programs to an SD card, but you can't run them off the SD card.
    08-05-09 03:58 PM
    No. I have my Bold LOADED and it works like a champ. My 16Gb MicroSD is about full too and it remains responsive and fast.

Chris

Just to add, when it comes to memory cards, make sure you get a CLASS 6. These are the fastest ones out. They usually come in class 2, 4, 6. So you might see a 16gb for a great "deal" it might be to good to be true. CHECK THE CLASS.
    08-05-09 05:24 PM
    Just to add, when it comes to memory cards, make sure you get a CLASS 6. These are the fastest ones out. They usually come in class 2, 4, 6. So you might see a 16gb for a great "deal" it might be to good to be true. CHECK THE CLASS.
    I got a class 4 prior to the class 6 cards coming out. Not worth it to me to upgrade. The performance of my class 4 is perfect for me as is. No lag or anything like that.

Chris
    08-05-09 11:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD