Hi all, unlike the iPhone and perhaps the Droid, RIM is quite late in allowing users to direct where they save their 3rd party apps. Unfortunately, users are forced to save the apps to the internal memory, unnecessarily chewing up vital resources.

A friend of mine in the know informs me that RIM will soon release an updated OS that will allow users to save 3rd party apps to the memory card. Does anyone have any info on this subject?
    11-21-09 08:11 PM
    Haven't heard but that would be awesome.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-21-09 08:16 PM
    A friend of mine in the know informs me that RIM will soon release an updated OS that will allow users to save 3rd party apps to the memory card. Does anyone have any info on this subject?
    I'm not trying to be mean, but if you have a friend "in the know" and he or she is telling you about a cool new OS design, then why wouldn't he or she also give you a timeline?

Sounds fishy.

If someone told me this fish tale, the first thing I'd ask is ... "when?"
    11-21-09 08:16 PM
    My understanding of Android 2.0 is that you can only save to the SD card if you root it. Pretty sure you have to jailbreak the iPhone to direct where to save, but that may have changed. Haven't heard any official talk about RIM opening this option up to us but I agree it would be great. I don't know anyone in the know though, so I'd be last to know
    11-21-09 08:17 PM
    Well, I don't know about the iPhone, but I had a Treo 650 and Blackjack v1 and both gave the user the option of where to load apps. That's why I found it interesting that BB did not have this option. I assumed it did as well as the iPhone. My BB is still by far the best device I've owned out of the three despite this shortcoming
    11-22-09 01:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD