I did a search, but couldn't find anything...

I just updgraded to SaveNumberAs 1.1 this moring, but it didn't actually upgrade 1.0 to 1.1... it seems to have installed 1.1 side-by-side 1.0, which i have never had happen in my time with berries. I tried going into Options>Advanced Options> Applications>SaveNumberAs>Delete... but this only removed v1.1... v1.0 remains, fully functional.

Any ideas how to remove SaveNumberAs 1.0? I bought it from the CB Store, but i didn't see any links on there to email the dev.
    11-13-08 11:00 AM
    i would try using desktop manager
    11-13-08 11:18 AM
    ahh...i figured it out... v1.0 for some reason wasn't titled 'SaveNumberAs' it was titled 'MenuItem' which explains why the OS didn't actually update it, and why i couldn't find it at first to update.

I removed MenuItem, and the app is completely gone. Now i installed v1.1 and things are as they should be. Hope this helps out other users who might be having the same/similar problems.
    11-13-08 11:28 AM
    Yes, this app is under a different title. I noticed the same thing when I installed. Just remove the menuitem and then reset.

The new version is running and working great.

Thanks

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-13-08 11:55 AM
    ahh...i figured it out... v1.0 for some reason wasn't titled 'SaveNumberAs' it was titled 'MenuItem' which explains why the OS didn't actually update it, and why i couldn't find it at first to update.

I removed MenuItem, and the app is completely gone. Now i installed v1.1 and things are as they should be. Hope this helps out other users who might be having the same/similar problems.
    hey hey, i wanted to be first to come back and report this! It got me too, and i just figured it out.
    11-13-08 12:50 PM
    even though the developer didn't tell us that we needed to uninstall menuitem first, i am glad he changed the name. the first time i saw menuitem in my app list i said "what the heck is that". "save number as" is a much better title.

the added feature of being able to add a number to an existing contact is great. this was the only thing i felt was left out in the original "menu item" app. good to see developers updating software like this.

thanks agian, Cody
    11-13-08 02:28 PM
    The only feature i would want (unless i'm somehow missing it) is to type in a number, then 'save number as'. Rather than having to have the number in either messages or my call log.
    11-13-08 07:51 PM
    I've looked all over. Where were you guys able to find v1.1? Thx

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-13-09 08:22 PM
    I've read about the program, but have one question... does it allow you to save a number or email address as an existing contact? Or only make a new contact?
    01-19-09 10:00 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD