OK... so I am not new to loading hybrids or using S-A-OS. However, I just noticed a problem, and am now wondering if I did something wrong... Using S-A-OS, I shrunk my OS prior to loading (Lyricydal .748 hybrid)... I removed damn near everything. I only load up the following apps:

Meterberry
    Storm Yahtzee
    Fandango
    StormSlider Free
    My Verizon
    BBM
    Facebook
    3rd Party Theme

Not too many... but here is my question:

Why, after removing them in S-A-OS and trying to delete them on the phone, but no luck, do the following apps STILL show up on my phone:

Flickr
    Visual Voice Mail
    Bing
    VCast Videos
    VZWTones
    You Tube
    Instant Messaging (ALL OF THEM.. YIM, MSN, Google, AIM)
    Setup
    Backup Assistant
    NFL Mobile
    Social Beat

Please help... I really want that crap off of my phone!

Thanks in advance!

Doug
    06-18-10 09:49 AM
    Those apps will always be there. They are only there to take you to download page. if they bug you so much, just hide them. thats what i do. or to save time make a new folder and put them in it, then hide folder itself.
    06-18-10 09:53 AM
    But do they take up any memory space or use up any processor functionality?
    06-18-10 10:12 AM
    But do they take up any memory space or use up any processor functionality?
    It probably doesn't take up any processing power as long as you never click them. And all of those apps are actually shortcuts to download the actual app. All of those shortcuts combined don't even equal the size of a small app. Deleting them all will net you a negligible amount of app memory, not to mention they will come back upon rebooting the phone.
    06-18-10 02:15 PM
    They are really just due to service books which are pushed from your carrier (Verizon). As the others stated, they are not actual apps and take up a negligible amount of space on your phone. Just do what I do. Create a Junk folder, then move them into the junk folder and hide the entire folder. Like that, you never have to see them again. And again, don't worry about the space they use on your phone. It really is negligible (likely ~1KB each, if that).
    06-18-10 03:31 PM
    Ya i have a folder called "verizon crap" that i put it all in
    06-18-10 03:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD