I went for a run with my Tour yesterday. What a great way to run with your phone and music player at the same time!! I wanted to play slacker radio but as soon as I put the phone in holster, the music stopped. I'm new to BBs in general so I was trying to figure out how I could fix this.

Then I tried Pandora and BB music player. Surprisingly, both Pandora and BB music player worked just fine. Any ideas why this is happening?

Thanks!
    07-28-09 12:58 PM
    I think it is something with slacker because that used to happen on my storm. So I got rid of slacker and rocked with pandora, no problem sofar with it shutting off
    07-28-09 01:01 PM
    I went for a run with my Tour yesterday. What a great way to run with your phone and music player at the same time!! I wanted to play slacker radio but as soon as I put the phone in holster, the music stopped. I'm new to BBs in general so I was trying to figure out how I could fix this.

Then I tried Pandora and BB music player. Surprisingly, both Pandora and BB music player worked just fine. Any ideas why this is happening?

Thanks!
    What holster do you have? The one that came with the phone or one of the 3rd party after market ones? We tested this out yesterday in the office and were not able to reproduce this, so we are wondering if you have a special holster?

Best regards.
    07-29-09 11:14 AM
    I am a fan of pandora just because it doesnt lock my Tour up. I had a few issues with it with my curve until they had an update.

Slacker locks my phone up if I navigate away from the "current playing station" screen and hit the mute button on the top.

I also like that the mute button on top can pause pandora at any time but you have to get back to slacker to mute with the mute button and it may or may not freeze the phone.
    07-29-09 12:07 PM
    Plus looking at Pandora vs Slacker topics are usually outdated since both apps have updated their players. It is a tough decision. I tried using the Slacker website yesterday and it freezes up too.
    07-29-09 12:09 PM
    Go with Pandora...screw Slacker. Slacker does have A LOT more songs though

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-29-09 12:11 PM
    I run with my Tour playing Slacker. I have it in an armband. I get it started and then lock the screeen, good to go.
    07-29-09 12:14 PM
    I wasn't a fan of Slacker on my 8330.. I've played with Pandora a bit on my 9630, but it does lock up from time to time, but it could be the connection from my house.
    07-29-09 12:25 PM
    Gonna have to say Slacker. I've been using Pandora for over 2 years and have some pretty well programmed stations. However, I find myself switching stations and skipping a lot in Pandora. I've been using Slacker for about 2 days, and find myself enjoying the music selection a LOT more than Pandora. I created a new station for ****s and giggles, and not only did it play new music that I had never heard before, but it was much more in the style I was looking for when compared to my painstakingly programmed Pandora stations.

Yeah, the Slacker app sometimes runs a bit sluggishly. Doesn't matter for me though, since I barely have to touch it.
    07-29-09 09:18 PM
    I prefer pandora myself. Was the phone going to sleep?
    07-29-09 09:46 PM
    I like pandora waaaayyy better*
    It doesn't freeze on me

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-29-09 10:38 PM
    What holster do you have? The one that came with the phone or one of the 3rd party after market ones? We tested this out yesterday in the office and were not able to reproduce this, so we are wondering if you have a special holster?

Best regards.
    I use the holster that came with the phone. Just tried locking the phone and it works!
    07-30-09 12:02 AM
    Anyone have a good arm band to use for working out while wearing this phone?
    The holster that came with the phone isn't good for running, plus it looks dorky with workout pants on.
    07-30-09 12:14 AM
    Slacker is the best IMO. I never had a problem with it.
    07-30-09 12:51 AM
    no love for iheartradio??? jk i dont use that one i use pandora but i do skip quite a bit sometimes overall tho i love pandora its a good mis of the emo/punk rock i like
    07-30-09 01:08 AM
    I am a fan of pandora just because it doesnt lock my Tour up.
    Locked up on my Tour...and my wife's Tour at separate times over the last 2 days. Mine was so bad I needed to pull the battery.
    07-30-09 08:09 AM
    I use the holster that came with the phone. Just tried locking the phone and it works!
    I was going to suggest changing your phone settings for when it's holstered. The Blackberry made cases have something in them that when you holster it will do various things depending on your settings. That could have been why your radio was shutting off because when you holster it was putting your phone in stand by mode or another power save option.
    07-30-09 08:16 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD