Are performance issues similar to a desktop PC's? Examples:
    Hsaving too many apps open slow down the BB?
    Installing and removing apps potentially corrupt OS?
    Storage gets fragmented?

How do I view which apps are open (like Task Manager)?
    Are there any utilities available to "clean/speed up/defragment the BB?

Thanks again!
    Jamie
    02-19-10 09:34 PM
    Yes, they are the same. Watch and make sure you are closing apps when you are done with them. Also, check your file free, it could be very low. Lastly, make sure you are running the latest OS
    02-19-10 09:35 PM
    Thanks for your reply.
    "Also, check your file free, it could be very low."
    How do you do that?

Thanks!
    Jamie
    02-19-10 09:38 PM
    On your phone I believe you go to options>status, maybe options>memory, if you are running a newer OS you can press alt+right shift+H, needs to be at or above 12000000 to be at peak performance
    02-19-10 09:41 PM
    Also, check your app switcher to make sure you don't have several apps open that should not be
    02-19-10 09:42 PM
    Thanks for the replies.
    When I use the Application Switcher to view the apps that are open, there seem to be some apps that can't be closed. Some probably arn't reallt apps, but features of the phone. Here's what the Switcher shows that I can't close; Browser, Phone, Home, Messages, and Blackberry Messenger. I thought I should be able to close the Browser and BB Messenger at least.

Thanks,
    Jamie
    02-20-10 10:20 AM
    Those are the standards. They aren't open, they are ready to launch. Also, I recently removed BB appworld from my phone because of a memory leak.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-20-10 01:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD