Can anyone recommend the best way to get RSS feeds onto an 8830? I want to listen to podcasts and subscribe to a number of them via RSS.

It looks like there is something called AudioBay Podcast player (for $15), no customer reviews so not clear whether it works well.

Then there are several RSS players for blackberry such as BerryVine.com but they don't mention anything about podcast support.
    07-30-07 07:34 AM
    Not sure about podcasts, but Viigo for news etc, is great!
    07-30-07 08:06 AM
    I don't know anything about podcasts, but I use Freerange for RSS feeds. It is a great little program, and like abhorredlife, I use it constantly. I haven't tried Viigo. Freerange is free up to 10 news channels, over that and they charge something like $39 a year.
    07-30-07 08:18 AM
    I am using NewsgatorGo for RSS feeds. Works pretty good so far....

~S
    07-30-07 09:55 AM
    Nav has got it (Once again lol). Viigo is probably the most used application on my CrackBerry I use/check it every 5 min. It seemlessly ads photos and news feeds. Great app. And the updated version doesn't help my compulsion to check my Viigo. And best of all its free!!! As for podcasts I'm not sure. I don't know if BlackBerry supports video podcasts. But I'm happy with my Viigo.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

I went to the Viigo site to get the link for the software. When I linked to the Viigo site I was informed that my device is NOT SUPPORTED. How did you get Viigo to work on your 8830?
    07-30-07 01:00 PM
    dlathem, download it, it should work, regardless. I have a friend with the same device, and it works...
    I take it you're going, here: Free Trial
    07-30-07 01:11 PM
    The page I get directs me to use Newsclip. Is this the actuall software and not the Viigo?
    07-30-07 01:23 PM
    I followed the Newsclip link it suggested and again it told me that it does not have software that will work on my device.
    07-30-07 01:25 PM
    From your BlackBerry, browser here: mobile.virtualreach.com
    07-30-07 02:00 PM
    I went to the Viigo site to get the link for the software. When I linked to the Viigo site I was informed that my device is NOT SUPPORTED. How did you get Viigo to work on your 8830?
    Actually, I can download them onto my Pearl via Itunes......I have a couple of great Pilates workout videos on there.
    07-30-07 02:06 PM
    Can anyone recommend the best way to get RSS feeds onto an 8830? I want to listen to podcasts and subscribe to a number of them via RSS.

It looks like there is something called AudioBay Podcast player (for $15), no customer reviews so not clear whether it works well.

Then there are several RSS players for blackberry such as BerryVine.com but they don't mention anything about podcast support.
    I've downloaded my podcasts onto my BB via Itunes...Oh darn, now I am not sure.....let me check and get back.
    Yes I do use Itunes--I convert them to MP3s and then use the media thingy on BB desktop.
    Last edited by dlgus; 07-30-07 at 02:33 PM. Reason: to add info
    07-30-07 02:08 PM
    I must agree, I downloaded Viigo the other day. Great program
    07-31-07 06:31 AM
    Viigo has been around for ever.

As Navilyn said the link for one way in, i will give you the link that will auto detect (or should) which device you have and hey presto...

Virtual Reach Mobile

I change my feeds all the time, aside the main one i have and make usre you also choose the correct option for how its pulls feeds. You have Ato, BES, BIS TCP etc.....

Having been a user from the start with Viigo, as many have said, its by far on of the most productive yet entertaining apps....

p.s. Latest Version is 2.2.55
    07-31-07 04:20 PM
    Thanks for all these ideas re: RSS --

While viigo looks great it doesn't support download of podcasts via RSS.

I asked the Berryvine support team and they had the following information regarding Berryvine RSS reader:

RSS reader does not support Podcasts via RSS, but we are working on a new product called BerryVine Radio which does support this.

We hope to be able to release this within a few weeks.

Regards,
    BerryVine Support Team
    08-01-07 05:57 PM
    I have the 8830 go to //mobile.BlackBerry.com/ and download it.

Warning: Viigo is EXTREMELY ADDICTIVE

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    It isn't obvious where Viigo is located when going here... look under What's Hot -> More...
    08-02-07 07:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD