Okay so I love RSS feeds and I would love them on my BB however I have only seen them on Viigo. Is there any other application that I can use for RSS feeds?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-10-08 11:26 PM
    What exactly are RSS feeds?... in noob terms please. I hear about them all the time but I've never taken the time to figure out what they are.
    07-10-08 11:30 PM
    R.eally S.imple S.indicate, basically it is news etc delivered to your inbox, or BB without you having to go to the actual website and get it. An electronic news paper if you will. You can also get Blogs sent to you as well.

07-10-08 11:34 PM
    What exactly are RSS feeds?... in noob terms please. I hear about them all the time but I've never taken the time to figure out what they are.
    Here's the wikipedia article:

RSS - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I have Firefox and my Bookmarks Toolbar has a Crackberry.com RSS feed that, when clicked, shows me only the headlines of the blogs that have been posted to the site. That way, I don't have to visit the site and scroll down through the page to find out what's new. All I do it glance through the headlines and click on the ones I want to read. It's a HUGE timesaver.

Here's the Crackberry RSS feed link:

CrackBerry.com blogs

If you have any more questions, let us know!
    07-10-08 11:38 PM
    All these people and no one knows an RSS application? Seriously?

07-10-08 11:47 PM
    I did a google search for RSS blackberry and came up with a few... have you tried that yet?

You might also want to try the 3rd party software forum:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f35/
    07-10-08 11:49 PM
    Whats wrong with viigo? i personally love it, its probably my #1 app on my BB, if there is a better rss feed app i would surely like to know.

07-11-08 12:35 AM
    Ok ok ok. So Viigo is an RSS feeds app?
    07-11-08 12:37 AM
    Yep thats right, you basically subscribe to your feeds and then they get pushed to your BB, it work wonders for reading blogs and you can actually set alarms for your feeds too.

07-11-08 12:50 AM
    Opera Mini has a really nice RSS feed.
    07-11-08 01:17 AM

It's just that Viigo does the job so well, and it's free, most people have no need to look any further. When they upgrade to receiving podcasts, that will just be icing on the cake.
    07-11-08 01:23 AM
    Sadly, Viigo doesn't work with every RSS feed. Basically, if it's not on their list it usually won't work, even if you know the url.

Standards are great, that's why there's so many of them!
    07-11-08 03:45 AM
    Odd, I haven't found a feed yet that I couldn't load.
    07-11-08 04:05 AM
    This was posted in the software round-up that you might be interested in.

FreeRange WebReader - Communication & Internet BlackBerry Software - Crackberry Store
    07-11-08 04:22 AM
    i use google reader.
    07-11-08 04:22 AM
    I'm new to rss feeds as well. I use google reader, but what I would like is an icon on my applications screen I can press that takes me directly to my rss feeds. Does Viigo have that?
    07-11-08 08:11 AM
    Yes it does.
    07-11-08 08:15 AM
    Oh no... that is seriously going go fuel my addiction.
    Thanks
    07-11-08 08:18 AM
    I'm new to rss feeds as well. I use google reader, but what I would like is an icon on my applications screen I can press that takes me directly to my rss feeds. Does Viigo have that?
    so does google reader. you have to install google mobile updater to get it, though.
    07-11-08 09:13 AM
    I tried Viigo a couple times and didn't really like it. I use FreeRange and LOVE it! It's really clean and simple and works great. It doesn't use up a lot of memory, it's easy to navigate and it's fast.
    07-11-08 09:17 AM
    I like Viigo. But freerange is even better.
    07-12-08 09:16 PM

All these search engines and people still don't use them? Seriously?

Brandon
    07-12-08 09:35 PM
    how do you get freeranger?
    05-04-10 01:56 PM
    You could try Viigo RSS, a simplified version of Viigo that removes all of the useless crud out.
    05-04-10 02:12 PM
    Viigo is the best I've found. Never had trouble with feeds, even the ones that aren't in their list.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    05-04-10 02:27 PM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD