I've done some searches and it seems like nobody has ever discussed the Pinstack RSS reader (is it because it's another Blackberry forum?). I don't know if it's specific for the Storm, but it does seem to work perfectly on it. Anyway, the app could use a little work, but overall I think it's really well put together. The interface is nice and smooth and it's easy to search for feeds. The problem I have with the app is that in the "My Feeds" section it lumps all of the feeds together into a long list instead of letting people browse one feed at a time (does this make sense?). This would potentially be a deal-breaker for me (as well as no way to sync to Google Reader), but it's got flick scrolling so I can deal with occasionally not even knowing which feed an article is from. Does anyone else have any experience with this app? Has anyone found a solution to the problems I'm having?

I still may make the switch eventually to the paid version of Arr SS but this app is free and the flick scrolling really grabbed me.

Oh, and I should add that I don't think it's pure flick scrolling. It takes a couple of pushes to get it going, but that doesn't bother me.

One last edit. I just saw that WSJ Reader (assuming this is RSS) supports flicking, so maybe this isn't a big deal. But nonetheless, I've never seen this app mentioned here.
    Last edited by Jibba; 08-08-09 at 10:34 AM.
    08-08-09 10:27 AM
    Thank you sooo much for posting this. I have been looking for something like this for a while. Works great for me, can add your own feeds.

Bye bye Viigo
    08-08-09 04:22 PM
    The combining of all feeds into one big list rather than letting you click on the feed and see only stories for that feed is a show stopper for me. Viigo breaks it down by feeds so I'll stick with that until Arr SS is ready for prime time. I paid the $1 for the app to help motivate the developer and once it has 2 way sync with google reader and folder built in I'll likely switch.

-Greg
    08-08-09 08:41 PM
    Since I don't ever use Pinstack.com I ended up deleting it and downloading WSJ Mobile Reader which is the exact same app but with WSJ content instead of Pinstack content. Good stuff.
    08-08-09 08:52 PM
    I may have to try WSJ aswell. I have been following Arr SS andam curious to see how that develops. As for lumping all of the feeds together, I don't see a problem with that. I only follow about 7 feeds anyway.
    08-09-09 09:14 PM
    I didn't enjoy Pinstack too much, I'm sticking with Viigo for now.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-10-09 08:55 AM
    Viigo is still the best RSS reader for BlackBerry but it takes toooooo much memory resources, im using viigo just for RSS only but have to "pay" all its features. :P

I'm looking alternative RSS reader that little more memory needed.
    when downloading Pinstack, its mentioned about additional data cost, so is this program using APN operator or we can connect through BIS-B (im on BIS plan)?
    08-10-09 09:13 AM
    Spot on with WSJ. It is literally exactly the same app as Pinstack but the WSJ feeds. Like the app a lot. Agree about Viigo - just too much to deal with.
    08-10-09 07:14 PM
    Viigo is still the best RSS reader for BlackBerry but it takes toooooo much memory resources, im using viigo just for RSS only but have to "pay" all its features. :P
    Viigo is working on a lite verison
    08-10-09 07:45 PM
    Currently I use opera mini for feeds (what I'm on now as I post). I too am excited for a snappy rss feed reader with notifications.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-10-09 08:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD