Ok, so I uploaded DM on my girlfriends laptop for her, from the CD included with her 8110. Now Roxio is always trying to install and upgrade, and then when she tried to go through with the upgrade, it gives her an error message that she needs the CD to upgrade...

Has anyone else had this issue? I tried to search, but it seems like all the Roxio issues are not like this one. At least that I could find.

I just told her to uninstall Roxio untill I can find her DM CD, but roxio isn't in her programs list at all I dont know if the BB CD will get roxio to upgrade... IIRC when I uploaded it all for her, it was the same version I have on my home computer, and I have not had this update message, ever...

Suggestions please? Any ideas? What else can I do?
    02-11-09 11:50 AM
    Anyone?!? please??
    02-11-09 05:01 PM
    Dude ditch Roxio, the program is a peice of ****.....

I downloaded it the first time I got my berry and uninstalled it within a week, since then I have upgraded my DM to 4.6 WITHOUT a media manager.....

You can do the same thing without the media manager by plugging your BB in with a card reader or a USB and opening up its folders...IMHO Roxio blows...

If you really do need it though try the official blackberry forums or check out their help center, im sure many people have had problems with the media manager...

BTW: you don't need just a CD to install DM, you can go to BlackBerry - Desktop Software - BlackBerry Desktop Software at BlackBerry.com and get it from there...
    Last edited by sp_ahmed87; 02-11-09 at 05:24 PM.
    02-11-09 05:22 PM
    thanx for the reply... I tried to do that but because roxio keeps trying to "gather information", When I try to install DM w/o media manager, it stops b/c it "detects another update running, please exit or wait for the other installation to finish" But it wont stop... it keeps running... and i cannot get the DM to install
    02-11-09 09:39 PM
    You need to uninstall the DM with Roxio before you install the 4.6. Depending on your Windows version: Start > Settings > Control Panel > Add/Remove Programs > Blackberry Desktop Software > Remove; Reboot the computer. Now install DM 4.6

If you are on Vista you may need administrative rights. I hope that helps. Also make sure that the BB is NOT connected to the computer while you are doing all this.

If the DM is constantly booting without the BB being connected, Reboot the computer, than do the above steps.

I hope that helps!

~Jazzi~

02-11-09 11:31 PM
    Thanx Jazzi, her machine is running XP, and I have to put this on hold untill the weekend, but I will try to do this again. Its not DM that keeps rebooting, it's the update software for Roxio. I don't know how she got Roxio Creator 9 on her machine, but thats what the Roxio file shows. And in order to update it, it was asking us to Log In, or Register on their site for the update, and I needed the CD for Roxio Creator 9... ths most frustrating part is the only Roxio software she's ever had is whatever came with the BB DM CD!!! Thanx again for the input, I will take a shot at all this again this weekend (hopefully)
    02-12-09 09:13 AM
    You are welcome and please let me know how it goes. BTW Roxio came installed on the original Blackberry Software for a long time. Mine came with that POS too! I never could get it to work and finally with the help of people here was able to get a DM without the darn thing.

Good luck!

~Jazzi~

02-12-09 10:17 AM
    yeah, I knew it came with it, but it's just a pain... but it's not a problem on my machine... that's the most frustrating part.
    02-12-09 10:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD