As a former Droid user one app that generated many oh's and ah's is the Keycard app. For those not familiar, the Keycard app is an Android app that stores your grocery, video, bestbuy, gym etc etc keycards that when their barcodes are scanned you get access to your merchant's or providers services.

I made my own using a flatbed scanner and utilized QuickLaunch as the "app". I originally posted this in a thread at the 9550 forum, but I thought I would share the link here.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f145/ke...ml#post4450417
    Last edited by kilofox; 01-07-10 at 01:05 PM.
    01-07-10 08:47 AM
    That's genius! Another nice use of technology... gotta see if I can get my cards scanned in and test them.
    01-07-10 11:25 AM
    Woohoo!!!
    It worked!!!!

I scanned in the keycards with a hi-res scanner, then shrank and sized them to 480X360 for my berry with Photoshop and uploaded them to my phone.

I added the submenu to quicklaunch and open the images from there.

Scanned them with a handheld barcode scanner and they worked great!!
    I will test it out at Weis later tonight.

Dm
    01-07-10 03:19 PM
    If I just take a pic of them do you think it would work?
    01-07-10 11:09 PM
    The problem I see with this interesting approach is offering my BB to some checker to jam in front of the scanner. I like the concept but I'm not sure the execution (of my BB) would be as likable.
    01-08-10 12:20 AM
    The problem I see with this interesting approach is offering my BB to some checker to jam in front of the scanner. I like the concept but I'm not sure the execution (of my BB) would be as likable.
    I was going to put the device out and have the checker scan it while in my hand... no reason to hand it over to some filthy hands.
    01-08-10 12:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD