05-05-09 07:21 PM
    Oh, good! Another excuse for people not to talk to the people around them, preferring to text (them) instead.

Meanwhile, the phone part of these devices is becoming increasingly redundant.

Just call be a Modified Luddite...
    05-06-09 07:50 AM
    But I already have twitter berry. The twitter blackberry app. Who need twitter text

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-06-09 10:16 AM
    But I already have twitter berry. The twitter blackberry app. Who need twitter text

people who don't have blackberries
    05-06-09 12:10 PM
    Well yes. But to post it on crackberry. Where people all have blackberries here. That's my point.

05-07-09 03:36 PM
    even on here, some people may not have em anymore and still chill with the community or something like that.
    05-07-09 05:39 PM
    I dunno about you guys, but I sure like being the know-it-all about cellular. Plus, knowing what lesser mortals are stuck with makes me appreciate my BB more.
    05-08-09 09:57 AM
    I dunno about you guys, but I sure like being the know-it-all about cellular. Plus, knowing what lesser mortals are stuck with makes me appreciate my BB more.
    I heard Rogers may start charging for incoming texts... any news on this?
    05-13-09 08:08 PM
    I heard Rogers may start charging for incoming texts... any news on this?
    This has been confirmed to begin starting July 7. Rogers will be charging customers without a messaging plan $0.15 for each incoming text message.

CTV.ca | Rogers to charge customers for incoming texts
    05-13-09 08:11 PM
    First I've heard of it really. Think they'll bother to notify their existing customers? (I'm one of those guys who receives a lot but never sends). However, I do have a my5 plan with unlimited text... Think that will count?

05-13-09 08:37 PM
    First I've heard of it really. Think they'll bother to notify their existing customers? (I'm one of those guys who receives a lot but never sends). However, I do have a my5 plan with unlimited text... Think that will count?

With Rogers, who knows whether or not they'll actually notify their customers. As you indicate having unlimited messaging included with your MY5 package then you would be excluded from this additional charge. As well, spam messages will not be charged nor will Fido (owned by Rogers) customers.
    05-13-09 08:42 PM

I should clarify. I mean unlimited text to the 5 people on my MY5..
    05-13-09 08:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD