I read that on os5.0 with the Tour it has options for simultaneous ring and vibrate.... is that true? I've been looking at all the forums about the leaked versions but haven't heard anyone make mention of this. I also read that the option for the ringtones to repeat themselves up to 3 times (like on my 8330) would be on the tour.

Can anyone confirm or deny??? If so, I won't have to spend any money on a ring and vib app, I'll just wait for 5.0 to be released.

Also, when talking on my phone some people say I sound far away depending on how I hold it (usually when holding it with my shoulder or in a more comfortable position with my hand), is there a way to fix this? I never had a problem like that with my Curve... Should I go back and exchange the phone before my 30 days are up?

Thanks A Lot
    11-24-09 04:55 AM
    I've had the same issues with holding the phone in weird ways (on my shoulder like you would a cordless) and having people complain about having trouble hearing me. I think it has to do with where the device picks up your voice. I feel like an ***** for admitting this but I haven't been able to locate the microphone...but hey, I'm a noobie.

If anyone could chime in on this issue, I'd really appreciate it.

Really...you're going to edit I D I O T? *sad shake of the head*
    11-24-09 05:16 AM
    I've had the same issues with holding the phone in weird ways (on my shoulder like you would a cordless) and having people complain about having trouble hearing me. I think it has to do with where the device picks up your voice. I feel like an ***** for admitting this but I haven't been able to locate the microphone...but hey, I'm a noobie.

If anyone could chime in on this issue, I'd really appreciate it.

Really...you're going to edit I D I O T? *sad shake of the head*
    The Microphone is directly on the bottom of the phone to the left (when the screen and keyboard are FACING you)... Looks like a little pin hole or something. If i'm not mistaken its actually in the same spot as on the Curve 8330 which is weird because I never had a problem like that with the Curve.
    11-24-09 05:25 AM
    I read that on os5.0 with the Tour it has options for simultaneous ring and vibrate.... is that true? I've been looking at all the forums about the leaked versions but haven't heard anyone make mention of this. I also read that the option for the ringtones to repeat themselves up to 3 times (like on my 8330) would be on the tour.

Can anyone confirm or deny??? If so, I won't have to spend any money on a ring and vib app, I'll just wait for 5.0 to be released.

Also, when talking on my phone some people say I sound far away depending on how I hold it (usually when holding it with my shoulder or in a more comfortable position with my hand), is there a way to fix this? I never had a problem like that with my Curve... Should I go back and exchange the phone before my 30 days are up?

Thanks A Lot
    In the meantime you upgrade to 5.0, you can download free app called Big Tin Can Buzz Me .
    In app world. Its free and works pretty good.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-24-09 05:47 AM
    i can confirm that it does vibrate and ring at the same time. im running 5.0.0.230 on my vzw tour, i was so excited when i went to change my ring options and it did this!
    11-24-09 07:37 AM
    yes, on 5.0 the phone does Vib and Ring at the same time. No need to download an app for that on 5.0
    11-24-09 07:51 AM
    I agree with downloading the Big Tin Can Buzz Me. You can get it from AppWorld. I downloaded the Pro version (which is like $2.99) and you can change the LED lights for calls, email, texts, and you can add vibrates to all of them also. They also give you options of the seconds of vibrate bursts you want (0.5, 1, 2, etc) Its a really great App. I would recommend it to anyone, especially changing the LED colors!
    11-24-09 09:20 AM
    if your looking to change your colors of your led for all your notifications, Berrybuzz is by far the best app for this. It cost a one time fee of 10 dollars but its well worth the money, no other app can compete in the same league as BerryBuzz
    11-24-09 09:27 AM
    So why do people prefer Big Tin Can Buzz Me or other apps over the built in ring and vibrate? Also, is the ring/vibe option JUST for phone calls?... Or can I set it to be used w/ sms, mms, emails, facebook, BeeJive, and anything else that would use a ringtone??? Having the LED change colors isn't really necessary for me.
    11-24-09 03:42 PM
    So why do people prefer Big Tin Can Buzz Me or other apps over the built in ring and vibrate? Also, is the ring/vibe option JUST for phone calls?... Or can I set it to be used w/ sms, mms, emails, facebook, BeeJive, and anything else that would use a ringtone??? Having the LED change colors isn't really necessary for me.
    if your not looking to change the LED, then the standard vibe and ring on 5.0 will work great for you, no need for an app. some prefer buzz me and other apps like berrybuzz to also change the color of the LED's.
    11-24-09 03:45 PM
    if your looking to change your colors of your led for all your notifications, Berrybuzz is by far the best app for this. It cost a one time fee of 10 dollars but its well worth the money, no other app can compete in the same league as BerryBuzz
    BerryBuzz is $5.95 in the Crackberry App store. BerryBuzz. Where and why on earth did you pay $10?!?!?

PS-- BerryBuzz is absolutely worth the money. It is the most useful app I have downloaded so far.
    11-24-09 03:56 PM
    color id is free and changes the led colors just fine
    11-24-09 04:01 PM
    Will the 5.0 os let Ring and Vibrate with other things like sms, mms, facebook, and BeeJive

11-24-09 08:50 PM
    Nobody knows??

11-25-09 02:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD