Is it just me or has RIM decidedly stopped releasing the promised "free apps" in App World ?

Release 2 then stop ? What gives ? I'm getting tired of all these games RIM is playing.

My Torch 9800 is my first ever BB (wife and daughter have had numerous BBs) and I love the ph. I don't love constantly being a step behind in technology or being dicked around by RIM (like the failed promises of numerous free apps). I'll see what the BBX phones bring but if they aren't "above and beyond" I likely won't stay ......

- sent by a tired grumpy BB first time user

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-24-11 02:26 PM
    they are releasing them slowly 1 by 1 thru the end of the year i believe. Hang tight and they all will come
    10-24-11 02:46 PM
    I wonder if the app developers are having second thoughts based on the absolute bashing that the apps released to far have received in app world - can't be an enticing prospect if you feel your app has holes.
    Chrisy likes this.
    10-24-11 03:03 PM
    I wonder if the app developers are having second thoughts based on the absolute bashing that the apps released to far have received in app world
    This is my thought as well. That developers may be reconsidering their talks with RIM, due to the same. I see a lot of 0-2 star ratings from people who are just frustrated that they have not been able to download the app they really would like, and had nothing at all to do with the applications themselves.

A thin line to walk...
    10-24-11 03:12 PM
    RIM was upfront stating the free apps would be a staggered release over the course of some weeks and that once all of them were available they would remain available for download until Dec 31.

Here is the press release

http://press.rim.com/release.jsp?id=5214
    Last edited by izzachar; 10-24-11 at 03:19 PM.
    Mastec and MADBRADNYC like this.
    10-24-11 03:15 PM
    I just received this announcement from BBRocks in my Google feed.
    Maybe they are slowly rolling these out today as well. Who knows?
    They are not showing for me as of yet though...
    Free “Thank You Gift” Games From RIM: N.O.V.A. & Texas Hold’em Poker 2 – Compliments Of BlackBerry | BlackBerryRocks.com
    Last edited by MADBRADNYC; 10-24-11 at 03:41 PM.
    10-24-11 03:27 PM
    My thought is that RIM saw the clusterfrak from the 1st two apps, and realized they should probably vet out all the apps they plan on gifting before letting them loose.
    10-24-11 04:36 PM
    What gives? RIM isn't following the never stated deadlines that I made up in my head! They said $100 in free apps, and I expected them right now, not released over time like they said they would be! These are the apps that I personally want! There is no excuse for this! Good by forever RIM I'm switching to Android/iPhone/iPhoid! *table flip*

Relax! They said over the few weeks and months they'd be rolling these out. They didn't say one ever business day or anything like that. Take a deep breath and relax. You'll live longer.
    10-24-11 06:21 PM
    I think everyone needs to read the release from RIM. The apps were going to be released between the 19th and end of November...not all at once. No need to get upset now.
    10-24-11 06:27 PM
    these are the apps that i personally want! There is no excuse for this! Good by forever rim i'm switching to android/iphone/iphoid! *table flip*
    (╯�□�)╯︵ ┻━┻)

rawwrr!!
    10-24-11 07:20 PM
    What gives? RIM isn't following the never stated deadlines that I made up in my head! They said $100 in free apps, and I expected them right now, not released over time like they said they would be! These are the apps that I personally want! There is no excuse for this! Good by forever RIM I'm switching to Android/iPhone/iPhoid! *table flip*

Relax! They said over the few weeks and months they'd be rolling these out. They didn't say one ever business day or anything like that. Take a deep breath and relax. You'll live longer.
    And as an earlier post mentioned. What a cluster f*ck it would be to have all the traffic plugging up the network while everyone on the face of the planet with a bb dowloads them all at the same time. Holy crap, what are you smoking?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-24-11 07:56 PM

Seriously ? *I* read the forums and read the news release. What I was saying is that this was an opportunity to turn a negative into a positive and instead RIM is alienating people even more. Ya the apps are free and available over a period of time. *I* know that ... but the average person doesn't read the news releases they only know what they read online or see on TV.

Maybe if RIM said that they would release new apps every Fri or every Mon then people would check those days. They had a chance to encourage ppl to use the App World more and see what's available for their BBs. Potentially selling more apps and helping make BBs more popular. Instead the avg BB users I know seem to be getting upset .....

All I was trying to say is that this is another missed opportunity and another thing some BB users are getting frustrated over. Just another bad marketing action. . . .
    10-24-11 11:50 PM
    Another day, another thread on the same topic. Please search the existing threads before starting new ones, and join in the conversation that already exists.
    Thanks!
    10-25-11 12:11 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD