>>Just got this email sent to me in work from head office :-

"Subject: RIM now taking BlackBerry Application Store submissions

Big news for those of you waiting for RIM's answer to the iPhone application store. RIM has sent out a message to all registered BlackBerry developers that they are now accepting application submissions for the BlackBerry Application Storefront. Note that this doesn't mean the Application Storefront is right around the corner, but that RIM is planning to launch it with a large mass of software.

Developers can hit the link below to learn about the submission process and sign up. As you're submitting your applications for the BlackBerry Application Storefront, please post a comment and let us know how it stacks up to Apple's notoriously painful process. Do you like the setup? How long does it take to get approved? Whatever you have to say, we want to know.

BlackBerry Application Storefront

(c) BlackBerry Cool for BlackBerry Cool, 2009

RIM now taking BlackBerry Application Store submissions | BlackBerry Cool "

*looking forward
    01-21-09 03:56 AM
    >>J Note that this doesn't mean the Application Storefront is right around the corner, but that RIM is planning to launch it with a large mass of software.
    When looking over BB's site, and other random reviews I have read about, it looks like the date is set for sometime in March.

I also can't wait!!!
    01-22-09 09:37 AM
    Awesome!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-22-09 09:46 AM
    sooner than i thought
    01-22-09 09:57 AM
    I'm interested to see the type of apps RIM will have. If its compared to the 15,000 apps iTunes has, it will be misleading. I dont think the average BB users is interested in iFart and iBeer and the 14,000 similar useless joke 99 cent apps Apple keeps.

I may be wrong, but I think if RIM wants a serious app store with prodcutive apps and some normal entertainment based apps, direct comparisons to iTunes will be inappropriate.
    01-22-09 10:36 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD