04-10-10 07:52 PM
36 12
tools
    Be careful with this FB fiasco. Microsoft had a warning about some hackers sending u email to reset yur password. Than when u do so it takes that info to their(the hackers )server. They steal yur password and later on they can follow yur online activity and collect more info. ie bank account #. This was in the news. The email appears to be comin' from the Facebook team. I got it but cuz I knew about it I deleted it. Mozilla Firefox is recognizes spam mails. On a red highlight it warns u this email isn't coming from the sender it says it does.
    Maybe it has nothing to do w/yur problem but watch out, be extra cautious.
    04-10-10 12:04 AM
    ive been using FB on BB for ages and that has never happened to me. Have you thought about posting on the BB website? BlackBerry Support Community Forums - BlackBerry Support Community Forums

I wouldnt just dismiss it either, something is obviously off here. Of course RIM wouldnt hack into a single users account but whos to say there isnt a chance of a disgruntled employee within RIM? Better safe than sorry, contact them and see what they say.
    Last edited by xkon; 04-10-10 at 12:25 AM.
    04-10-10 12:18 AM
    ive been using FB on BB for ages and that has never happened to me. Have you thought about posting on the BB website? BlackBerry Support Community Forums - BlackBerry Support Community Forums

I wouldnt just dismiss it either, something is obviously off here. Of course RIM wouldnt hack into a single users account but whos to say there isnt a chance of a disgruntled employee within RIM? Better safe than sorry, contact them and see what they say.
    That doesn't look like a way to contact them. It appears to be RIMs forums where other users/developers give help/suggestions/advice. I think I have tried finding a way to contact RIM before for support on another subject but all their support seems like you have to pay for it which I will refuse to pay for support, not to sound stubborn. Is there a way to contact RIM for support or for something like this if I wanted?
    04-10-10 12:55 AM
    All your Facebook are belong to us!
    04-10-10 01:05 AM
    Man that's wild thanks for all the facts though when I first saw the title I was ready to call bs. Looks like you ha d a legitimate problem though. Glad you got it fixed.
    04-10-10 01:10 AM

Then when we were just about to leave, like 5:15pm, I opened up Facebook app to post that I had a great lunch and was going to go for a 4mi. walk now. For some reason Facebook wouldn't update the news feed or post my status update, it failed to post it.
    Wow! Who would care what you had for lunch or if you are going to go for a walk. You need to watch this week's episode of South Park. Then get some help. Nobody needs to know or care that much about another person's minutia. Do you tell them when you pee also?
    04-10-10 01:39 AM
    I don't quite understand you...you say you could care less, but then go on to say that "they" are doing this to you...insinuating that you really still believe an employee at RIM is logging into your account. That's not what's happening, I'd be wiling to put money on it. A couple of us have already explained why the IP address is showing up as RIM/Canadian, etc...that's just how the BIS is setup. Its nothint to be paranoid about, noone at RIM is logging into your account...quite frankly, the fact that this thread is still going on is pretty ridiculous!

@mconk: I know and could care less whatever they are doing or is happening. I simply am saying it happened again but wondering if this time I should say I recognize the location so that maybe it will stop in the future. Last time I went through and said no and it made me change my password(which was probably a good thing anywase). That was my question this time. Not that it happened again and I'm worried about somebody logging into my FB.

@cdowner: I think I will say I do this time and see if it happens again.
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-10-10 05:50 PM
    Yes, the CIA is your friend. It's all for your own protection. Nothing to see here. Move along!

04-10-10 06:05 PM
    ...you say you could care less, but then go on to say that "they" are doing this to you...
    Either I'm not making it clear or your misunderstanding. I could care less really . I have a understanding of how BIS works and why it might happen once in awhile with the data being exchanged. I'm saying it is a annoyance that it locks me out of using the mobile site until I verify the "access" from a desktop. I'm not saying I'm paranoid about somebody accessing my account or anything of that such except that it is a annoyance, and that's all right now.

...insinuating that you really still believe an employee at RIM is logging into your account...
    Please quote where I said I believe a employee is still trying to log into my account at RIM. After the first page I acknowledged that it has something to do with their servers and data or whatever happens with that and the first time could have involved BIS 3.0 upgrade. I acknowledged all this and said I wasn't really worried about it. So please, I would like to know where I recently said again after the previous statements I mentioned above that somebody from RIM is logging into my account?

...That's not what's happening, I'd be wiling to put money on it...
    I would bet money on it too because I have already acknowledged previously that it has to do with their servers and BIS.

...A couple of us have already explained why the IP address is showing up as RIM/Canadian, etc...that's just how the BIS is setup...
    I have a basic understanding now of how BIS works now from other explanations and searching google for information a little.

...Its nothint to be paranoid about, noone at RIM is logging into your account...
    I'm not paranoid I have stated already I'm not really worried back on the 2nd page. And again, please tell me where I recently said I was worried about somebody at RIM logging into my account after the 1st page.

...quite frankly, the fact that this thread is still going on is pretty ridiculous!
    Well we all keep replying to it so I guess were all to blame for that.

I don't know what the CIA would want with me. lol. As far as I know I have nothing to hide?....or do I?
    Last edited by mchruss03; 04-10-10 at 06:28 PM.
    04-10-10 06:25 PM
    "I don't know what the CIA would want with me. lol. As far as I know I have nothing to hide?....or do I? :-) "

If the friendly government agent has nothing to hide, he won't mind if you and I look through HIS house, papers, computer, and underwear drawer.

04-10-10 06:34 PM
    Have you considered its not RIM but somebody you know who's trying to access your FB page from thei own BB? Occams Razor...more plausible than corporate espianage you are insinuating.

04-10-10 07:52 PM
36 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD