Not sure if this has been posted yet. But I just came across this. Not sure what apps are gonna be free.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/44929236/ns/technology_and_science-tech_and_gadgets/t/rim-offers-free-apps-appease-blackberry-customers/

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-17-11 04:04 PM
    Not sure if this has been posted yet. But I just came across this. Not sure what apps are gonna be free.

RIM offers free apps to appease BlackBerry customers - Technology & science - Tech and gadgets - msnbc.com

They are listed ad nauseum, try the home page of crackberry.com

And wow, what great applications, sure makes up for being without my business email for two days. Poker, that will make up for lost business.
    10-17-11 04:21 PM
    well i mean for general purpose the apps are good yea for the enterprise not so much but they do give a free month of support for business users too
    10-17-11 04:34 PM
    Wth is shazam encore anyway I tried to look it up but there's nothing in aw bout it

10-17-11 05:41 PM
    The reparations are not related to the disruption in service that the outage caused. However, RIM stated that the measure they took was an attempt to offer a good will gesture for BIS users' 'patience' during the outage. It was a simple effort to offer some form of reparation that could be easily implemented to all users in a quick timeframe. Some users here were wondering about free service for a specified time period or a rebate, but those options would be complicated, costly and difficult to implement. The app solution was just easy for RIM to put into practice quickly. Will all BIS users be happy with it? Of course not. If you're not then don't download the apps. Personally, I felt RIM did what they could to rectify the problem quickly and they are now offering a good will gesture without requirement. So, relax and enjoy the free apps. Or not.
    10-17-11 05:46 PM
    well i mean for general purpose the apps are good yea for the enterprise not so much but they do give a free month of support for business users too
    It's not for business users, or enterprise users either, but enterprise clients who run the servers, they are the only ones that would need support from RIM.

And yeah, Poker is just such great payback to ANY user. I could never imagine in a million years having any BB if it wasn't for the email.....it surely isn't for the plethora of really fun things to do on a tiny screen........why else would one have a BB if not for business?????
    10-17-11 06:16 PM
    The reparations are not related to the disruption in service that the outage caused. However, RIM stated that the measure they took was an attempt to offer a good will gesture for BIS users' 'patience' during the outage. It was a simple effort to offer some form of reparation that could be easily implemented to all users in a quick timeframe. Some users here were wondering about free service for a specified time period or a rebate, but those options would be complicated, costly and difficult to implement. The app solution was just easy for RIM to put into practice quickly. Will all BIS users be happy with it? Of course not. If you're not then don't download the apps. Personally, I felt RIM did what they could to rectify the problem quickly and they are now offering a good will gesture without requirement. So, relax and enjoy the free apps. Or not.
    If a company is going to make a 'goodwill' gesture, it should be for all users.....I am on Exchange, but what difference does it make, BIS or Exchange, we were shut down, so giving out poker because it is expedient is so lame.....if it costs us money, it should cost RIM money, although with the stock heading into the basement it surely is. But what the heck, we'll all go down with the ship. But the weight of a Playbook would just make the sinking faster.
    10-17-11 06:19 PM
    Are those the only apps that will be available? I mean, will I be able to get Docs to Go premium for free?
    10-17-11 06:57 PM
    Are those the only apps that will be available? I mean, will I be able to get Docs to Go premium for free?
    I assume it's the ones listed but maybe we'll find out more Wed?
    10-17-11 07:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD