I'm amazed that RIM is sitting by not doing a thing about many important apps to many people, examples such as paypal & ebay, 2 very SIMPLE apps a huge number of ppl use- I know those may not be important to some, but they are important to many..and these are just 2 examples, No wonder APPL stock going up up up and RIM going down, because they sit on their butts and are about 2 years behind- I love my BlackBerry but come on, at least develop good apps & update the apps you have to all match OS 7- & if the apps are only updated by the companies themselves then put some pressure on them to move it...its been over a MONTH since the OS has been out...Even PANDORA people had to wait a few weeks for!! Ridiculous!
    09-20-11 12:59 PM
    I thought it was odd when I updated to a 9900 to not have ebay as an option.
    09-20-11 01:19 PM
    It's not RIM's choice its the application developers for those apps.

Blame the media, they've done such a good job of making seem like RIM will disappear tomorrow and no one is buying OS 7.

Companies therefore are not wanting to upgrade.

I contacted my bank and they are in the process of upgrading to OS 7 and still testing...

So I know at least it is coming.
    09-20-11 01:36 PM
    My local ATTe store has yet to stock the 9810 or the 9900. It seems as if ATT is following in this as well. How does one remain faithful?
    09-20-11 01:40 PM
    Is it always the apps that aren't working, or is Blackberry App world just not recognizing it as compatible? I bought a new 9810, and when I went into My App World, many of the apps said unavailable, but when I used Blackberry Desktop Manager to transfer my apps, they all transferred and seem to work fine.
    09-20-11 01:49 PM
    Then RIM need to help the developers of those apps and get involved, with the iphone people can deposit checks for Gods sake!!! We are all BlackBerry fans but come on, i used an iphone for a month last month and came back to my BlackBerry when the 9900 came out, but i feel like i'm kind of cutting myself short on a few things!

RIM is 2 years behind- IF they had the Platform and high resolution screen & SOPHISTICATED APPS which iphone & even Android had they would not lose so many people as they do to the iphone..its a shame!
    09-20-11 01:53 PM
    It sounds like apps are important to you, should have stuck with an iphone and android then.

No phone can do it all...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-20-11 02:04 PM
    It's not RIM's choice its the application developers for those apps.

Blame the media, they've done such a good job of making seem like RIM will disappear tomorrow and no one is buying OS 7.

Companies therefore are not wanting to upgrade.

I contacted my bank and they are in the process of upgrading to OS 7 and still testing...

So I know at least it is coming.
    Blame the media? Are you saying CNBC is pulling numbers out of thin air? RIM has done a fine job of bringing this on themselves
    09-20-11 02:04 PM
    No, no... blame the media, NPR, the Vatican and the Knights Templar. Blame everyone but...

It hilarious... The media caused Hurricane Katrina too.

RIM is responsible for not spurring app development.

...or, we can just blame, the, uh, media...
    09-20-11 03:09 PM
    RIM needs an application embassador team that reaches out to firms so that they develop apps. Another requirment would be to report back with updates on who what and when we can expect things. I have been reachign out to xm regarding an app for anything after the 9700 (9800, 9810, 9900,) and i don't get any response. If you ask why this is RIM's problem? I have a long commute to work where I listen to xm and stern, I'm due for an upgrade and my 9700 is falling apart, I want to get an 9850 or a 9900 but can't upgrade becuase I can't get a straight answer on if that app is coming or not. Why shouldn't I or anyone in my situation jump to iphone or android?
    09-20-11 03:21 PM
    Blame the media? Are you saying CNBC is pulling numbers out of thin air? RIM has done a fine job of bringing this on themselves
    While I will admit that RIM isn't executing well, you rarely hear news that OS 7 phones are selling.

People finding sold out retail locations for the new Bold.

Rather, you still just hear about "another analyst is downgrading" or "investors call for CEO change". Honestly, how many times do I have to hear that line?

It's like if a new investment company wants to do some marketing, it is easier to make a claim against RIM then to create an ad campaign.
    09-20-11 03:23 PM
    First of all, RIM doesn't develop apps, app developers develop apps. Secondly, the sky is not falling, look up, it's OK.
    09-20-11 04:14 PM
    RIM has bought this on themselves they know the business better than any of us and clearly they need to move faster on these problems. I wonder if they forget the storm series and all those issues! New devices that are great just support the developers and get the apps working very simple.
    This is a do or die market and the one that drags its feet will be the looser. Android and Apple are doing what they should be for the most part so why not rim?
    I came back from Android to BB and I have high hopes for them but this issue is not helping! RIM should as least make a statement. I have contacted several developers and they have fixed the app or given me some type of time line.
    09-20-11 04:27 PM
    I'm amazed that RIM is sitting by not doing a thing about many important apps to many people, examples such as paypal & ebay, 2 very SIMPLE apps a huge number of ppl use- I know those may not be important to some, but they are important to many..and these are just 2 examples, No wonder APPL stock going up up up and RIM going down, because they sit on their butts and are about 2 years behind- I love my BlackBerry but come on, at least develop good apps & update the apps you have to all match OS 7- & if the apps are only updated by the companies themselves then put some pressure on them to move it...its been over a MONTH since the OS has been out...Even PANDORA people had to wait a few weeks for!! Ridiculous!
    I am only going to answer the OP so no offense to nayone else ok? "RIM" does not have anything to do with apps being written or made to be used to work with OS 7.

There are a group of people who call themselves developers and when they rework their existing apps and or write new apps for OS 7 that is when it will happen so please go to the developer forum here on CB and voice your complaints to them.

RIM cannot and will not do anything about 3rd party apps. and that is all you mnetioned. Good luck.
    09-20-11 06:03 PM

RIM cannot and will not do anything about 3rd party apps.
    Therein is the problem.
    tarek307 likes this.
    09-20-11 08:29 PM
    I would wait until the DevCon next month, I'll bet a LOT of apps get announced/released then. Remember that OS 7 has been barely out for a month now and it takes time to port and test.
    09-20-11 08:53 PM
    This is to a couple of posters here: RIM does develop some apps on there own.

09-20-11 11:04 PM
    People are acting surprised about this. I have said all along that OS7 is in large part a failure and this is the main reason why. Why would a company want to spend time and resources developing an app for an OS that will be gone in a year?

This is RIM's fault. This OS and these phones (9900,etc) should have been released two years ago. I know some models are sold out but who cares? RIM is still losing market share to iOS and Android.

I hope they can turn it around because Blackberry phones are still wanted by many.

09-21-11 03:28 AM
    It sounds like apps are important to you, should have stuck with an iphone and android then.

No phone can do it all...

Actually it sounds like your a FAN BOY! I'm stating a FACT, i obviousley love my BB, it just lacks in a few things that should be EASILY fixed
    09-21-11 03:45 AM
    People are acting surprised about this. I have said all along that OS7 is in large part a failure and this is the main reason why. Why would a company want to spend time and resources developing an app for an OS that will be gone in a year?

This is RIM's fault. This OS and these phones (9900,etc) should have been released two years ago. I know some models are sold out but who cares? RIM is still losing market share to iOS and Android.

I hope they can turn it around because Blackberry phones are still wanted by many.

Sad but true! Were sitting here happy about FINALLY having an ok Browser while people with iphone & androids have had this for years! We are still with BlackBerry because we are BlackBerry fans & know the potential of BB, but in order for BB to get market share back they need to get off their asses...in 2008 their stock was soaring and it seems thats when they STOPPED developing anything...now were 2 years behind at least and we STILL can't even get descent apps, ok fine LEAVE US THE CRAPPY APPS we had before, but design OS7 so we can at least use the crappy apps...
    09-21-11 04:46 AM
    This is to a couple of posters here: RIM does develop some apps on there own.
    And the ebay application is one of them, that is why I pointed it out. eBay By Research In Motion Ltd.
    09-21-11 05:33 AM
    My local ATTe store has yet to stock the 9810 or the 9900. It seems as if ATT is following in this as well. How does one remain faithful?
    I got fed up with ATT (never releasing the 9780 and pushing the 9900 off) and switched to T-Mobile.
    09-21-11 05:34 AM
    the managment at RIM need to all be FIRED because they have no idea howto keep their customer base & gain new customers...such a great device, such horrible mangment & development!

Still NO F'n ebay or paypal...
    09-25-11 01:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD