The forums over at rexwireless don't appear to be working anymore. Does anybody know if they're still around? I'm still using ToDoMatrix, and although (very) expensive, it is a quality app. It's super flexible, and incredibly powerful. I know they slowed/stopped development on the blackberry version to create a version for iOS, but I'm hoping they stick around for BB10. It would be a real shame to lose the.m Any other users out there?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk
    10-29-12 09:44 PM
    I emailed RexWireless about this in September. In reply, they said

"we lost the forums in a recent server move to the Amazon cloud. REX is now 100%emigrated to Amazon Cloud so that we can be more reliable and scalable, especially with REXdesktop2 near. As far as forums, (I believe) we are planning on relpacing the forums with less clutter / better organised FAQ data. The original idea of the forums (user discussions about best practices) just missed the mark over time."

I also asked if they had any plans to develop ToDoMatrix and IdeaMatrix for BB10. Sadly, the answer was basically no, not at the present time. I use both these apps reasonably intensively so I am in a bit of a quandry over what to do regarding this. I am very much looking forward to getting a BB10 phone next year but at the expense of loosing these important tools.

Does anyone out there know of any ToDo apps that will be available for BB10?
    11-01-12 04:23 PM
    Bro , i've come back from Iphone4s to blackberry only for using todomatrix , cause it's the only app I know which is standalone for task management
    11-05-12 09:46 PM
    I want to believe tha if Blackberry 10 succeeds and came to stay they will certainly develop TDM and IM for the new OS! It's just a matter of a couple of months when everything will be clearer to developers regarding the future of the OS 10 and Blackberry. Except Rex Wireles is in the proccess of retiring due to intense competition and mobile users' focus to cheaper choices for Getting Tings Done than what Rex offers! It's evident in the Apple App Store and Android Play Store that year after you can do more and more advanced thing at the price of almost nothing!!!
    02-06-13 08:40 PM
    I love ToDoMatrix and IdeaMatrix. Unfortunately, I got very concerned about the future of the product and company, so I'm not actively using TDM or IMX as of now.

If Rex develped TDM and IMX for BB10, I'd buy them in a second.

Come on Rex!!! Forget iPhone and Android and focus on your core BB customer base.
    02-14-13 09:03 PM
    In response to ilias, I hear ya. I was half-wondering if REX would go through the 'hassle' of migrating the app to BB10, when the days of 'expensive' apps are likely gone. Especially, if he/they are looking at retiring. They were a big fish in a relatively small pond (i.e. they were well-known in the BB ecosystem of yesteryear), and unfortunately became a (very) small fish in an ocean (iOS/Android). I hope BB10 is received well enough to change their minds. Maybe its just me, but I feel there is a growing market for QUALITY apps, and I believe people will still pay for quality. Maybe not as much as yesteryear, but keep in mind that the market is now "world-wide", so one should still be able to make decent revenues and charge less. I'm not thinking $0.99 or anything crazy like that, but $9.99 is very doable, even $19.99 would work, as long as the quality and reliability are there. There are WAY too many apps out there, especially on those other platforms, and most of them are, in my opinion, only worth a dollar. I don't want to download 30 task management apps, try them out, to find out that 28 of them are basically identical (and substandard), and the other 2 don't even load properly. What is needed is something well designed, powerful, and people will come. I see QNX / BB10 as having HUGE potential - pure, real time multi-tasking. OK, (stepping off the soap-box), I hope REX will come back. I am nervous about upgrading to BB10, and losing this app.
    ilias, dosto and AMWausau like this.
    02-19-13 11:47 AM
    I too am nervous about upgrading to BB10 without TMX, but what can you do? You have to move with the times and can't stick with BBOS ad infinitum just because REX won't migrate their apps to BB10. I keep looking through App World for a suitable substitute but, as you say, all the ToDo apps are marketed at under �2 and there's no way that anything for that price will perform remotely as well as TMX. I want to spend �20 or �30 on a proper app! And if you amortise that over its useful life it's peanuts.

Sooner or later (and probably sooner) I will have to move to BB10 with or without REX and will be forced to leave the comfort zone TMX has given me.

Let's hope that REX keep an eye on these forums and have a change of heart!
    AMWausau likes this.
    02-19-13 03:35 PM
    I hope app developers are reading this thread. There is a market for quality apps and professionals are willing to pay for them. I hope someone fills the void left by Rex and provides world-class To-DO and Note apps for BB10.
    AMWausau likes this.
    02-23-13 11:09 PM
    I love ToDoMatrix and IdeaMatrix. Unfortunately, I got very concerned about the future of the product and company, so I'm not actively using TDM or IMX as of now.

If Rex develped TDM and IMX for BB10, I'd buy them in a second.

Come on Rex!!! Forget iPhone and Android and focus on your core BB customer base.
    What are you using in place of TMX and IMX and how do they compare?
    AMWausau likes this.
    03-08-13 04:13 PM
    I am using BHive tasks and the Remember the Milk sync apps as a replacement for TMX.

i am using a combo of the native Memo Pad app and Evernote app to replace IMX.

Neither solution is as good as TMX and IMX. I'm thinking about going back to TMX and IMX, even though I hope to have a Q10 by June.
    03-13-13 11:19 PM
    Does that mean that you plan to carry 2 phones around with you when when you get your Q10?
    03-14-13 04:57 PM
    Does that mean that you plan to carry 2 phones around with you when when you get your Q10?
    No, I'm just going to have to make a decision on which phone to use.

If I ever decided to carry two phones it would be a BB and Android...I use Google Apps for Biz and Gtalk all day.

I REALLY want to get the Q10 as soon as it drops on TMO, but might wait a bit to let the dust settle.

If I decided to go back to TMX/IMX, then I'd keep my 9900 a while longer and hope Rex develops for BB10. This isn't a bad option b/c I still love my 9900...awesome phone.

All phones require some sort of compromise; I'll just have to decided what's most important to me and what I can live without.
    03-15-13 09:10 AM
    I picked up the Z10 when released by TMO on 3/26; would love to see Rex develop ToDoMatrix and IdeaMatrix for BB10. Would purchase/subscribe on day one.
    AMWausau likes this.
    04-02-13 08:39 PM
    I'm a long time user of To Do Matrix and idea matrix Long with reconnect. The 3 of them together made a project management powerhouse. Since no one has made an actual PM application for any BLACKBERRY OS, We pretty much had to depend on task management apps. I received an email from REX WIRELESS and they told me the same. They had no plans of updating or releasing an app for the BB10 platform or the Playbook. For those that are looking for a substitute that has a Web presence also, I would suggest Toodledo. I have an app for my Playbook, Z10 and I can log online. So far that's the only task management App that I've seen that's works across all my devices. Too bad I can't use the outlook plug in at work. Then it would be complete. If anyone out there knows of another that works the same or better, please let me know. We need a developer that will make an actual PM app for the Z10 and the Playbook.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Mr.C05; 04-18-13 at 03:38 AM.
    04-02-13 08:58 PM
    What app are you using on your Z10 to sync with your Toodledo account?

Posted via CB10
    04-02-13 09:50 PM
    It's called Toodledo assistant. It works just fine. I was also looking for other solutions. There are 2 more that i see that act just like Toodledo. They both work cross platform and even on the Playbook tablet. They're called Conqu and getITdone. Both are base on the GTD methods and look to be pretty good as far as the user interface goes. I was going to down load both to see which one works the best for me. I like the ToodleDo app, but I'm not 100 percent sold on it.
    Last edited by Mr.C05; 04-03-13 at 12:32 AM. Reason: Additional information
    04-02-13 11:23 PM
    I got my Z10 last week and have transferred all my work tasks to ToodleDo as well. I am using Ultimate To-Do List on my phone and I have to say that I am pleasantly surprised at how good it actually is! It hasn't got the functionality of nested folders so to keep things simple I transferred all my personal reminders to Reminder Pro.

The actual reminders from both systems will hopefully improve once the headless app APIs are released by BlackBerry

Posted via CB10
    04-03-13 02:56 AM
    I emailed Rex yesterday to see if they were working on BB10 app. John from Rex emailed me back this morning. Basically, he said they were still working on Android version and Rex Desktop 2.0. He indicated its possible they would start working on new BlackBerry App in late spring or summer.

Posted via CB10
    04-03-13 08:15 AM
    I emailed Rex yesterday to see if they were working on BB10 app. John from Rex emailed me back this morning. Basically, he said they were still working on Android version and Rex Desktop 2.0. He indicated its possible they would start working on new BlackBerry App in late spring or summer.

Posted via CB10
    I got the same reply from John as well. However, given the time taken for REXdesktop 2 (still not released) , I have come to the conclusion that there is no reasonable prospect of TMX for BB10 in the foreseeable future.

Posted via CB10
    04-03-13 10:12 AM
    Right now, All I want is to get all of the information from my ToDo Matrix and Idea Matrix apps to transfer them over to my Z10. Has anyone gotten a process on that yet?
    04-18-13 03:40 AM
    This is what I did. I copied all my IMX notes to my memos which then were imported to Remember on the Z10 using BlackBerry Link. From there you can redistribute as appropriate.

For ToDos, I opened a ToodleDo account on my pc and also downloaded ToDo Tasks to my Z10 which syncs to ToodleDo. I then used a combination of manual entry and copying and pasting from REXdesktop to transfer everything to ToodleDo.

So, unfortunately REXwireless is a thing of the past for me. And when my current subscription expires I will no longer be able to access any of my old notes and tasks.

Although not as good as REXwireless, ToodleDo works fine for me.

Posted via CB10
    04-18-13 04:27 AM
    I also was a Rexwireless user and have yet to find anything even close. For now I'm using pen and paper for my tasks and projects since that is faster and more efficient than Remember. I'm also looking at Toodledo and Ultimate To Do List. There's also something called Viira that just became available on BBW that looks intriguing.

What I really need is something that integrates time management with task and project management. Rexwireless was the perfect system for that.

Until something like that becomes available for bb10, I suppose that maybe pen and paper is the best computer money can buy.

Posted via CB10
    04-20-13 07:16 PM
    I got the same reply from John as well. However, given the time taken for REXdesktop 2 (still not released) , I have come to the conclusion that there is no reasonable prospect of TMX for BB10 in the foreseeable future.

Posted via CB10
    My subscription to the desktop software runs out in August - I doubt I'll be renewing. The upgrade to 2.0 has been promised to be coming since 2009 - that's just too long.

I'm still carrying my 9900 in addition to my Zed; TodoMatrix is part of the reason. I have been playing with Wunderlist for tasks, Evernote, Box, and Dropbox for memos (thanks to PlayCloud they can be accessed in one place), and using the native calendar for appointments. It is less than optimal, but it does work. I'll probably transition fully in another month.

The email I received back from John said what many others have already posted - focusing on Android and next release of Desktop software. He said they might be able to port the Android app, but that a native app wasn't too likely, since "RIM has dug itself a very deep hole..."

Reinforces caveat emptor when it comes to purchasing expensive apps.
    06-04-13 11:39 AM
    My subscription ran out last month and I didn't renew it. No point.

Talking of deep holes, Rex is not doing too badly on that front either! I would have been first in line for a new BB10 app from them...

Posted via CB10
    06-04-13 05:09 PM
    I have a bigger problem, I am stuck with a small carrier. Not just because I work for Cellcom, but also because they are the only people that provide 4g here in Central Wisconsin and clearly have the best coverage. Hope that sometime in the next 6 months or so that BBY 10 rolls out to more than the big 4. I really am looking forward to my 8th BBY.
    As far as this thread goes Idea Matrix was fantastic. Loved it.
    I found it searching for a replacement for Thought Manager, another defunct program that was picked up by Splash or something and is now very weak and not even available for the BBY in any format.
    Luckily I found the web based Workflowy. It is exactly what I am looking for in an outline to do program.
    06-04-13 11:00 PM
28 12