So everytime I write a review in the bb app world, it appears like my review never gets uploaded...the only thing I could think of would be that it filters your own reviews so you don't see them; can anyone confirm this? Thanks!
    05-23-09 12:14 PM
    Reviews apparently need to be approved by the App World staff before they become visible. In addition, software vendors can request to have a review removed.
    05-23-09 07:50 PM
    I've submitted several and it shows up eventually. But yeah I've seen at least 1 removed....

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-23-09 07:56 PM
    Can reviews be edited or deleted? I wrote a bad review, but the company has since upgraded their software and fixed most of my issues.
    05-24-09 09:36 AM
    In addition, software vendors can request to have a review removed.
    Seriously? I mean some of the reviews I left were bad, and if they can just get them removed that is crap...also, it's now been days and the overall star rating has been affected but my review hasn't come up, this seems a bit ridiculous...
    05-24-09 01:56 PM
    The review system is almost pointless anyways, so the fact that vendors can request removal doesn't matter much.

i.e. one person says an app is useless on the Storm version (but they don't specify), but it works awesome on the Bold/Curve. So you get a rating of zero stars and a rating of 4 stars...

Or vendors padding their own app reviews and giving negative reviews to competitors. The whole system is a wash.

They need to force real name registration or something like Amazon.

On a side note, this isn't much different on all the Mobihand stores either... So it's not just an appworld problem. I've seen vendors remove my negative reviews.
    05-24-09 02:13 PM
    @ jeepguy_1980 Just write another review saying what you just said. "After they updated the software most of your issues were fixed"

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-24-09 02:18 PM
    Seriously? I mean some of the reviews I left were bad, and if they can just get them removed that is crap...also, it's now been days and the overall star rating has been affected but my review hasn't come up, this seems a bit ridiculous...
    It's not that easy. The vendor can request a review of a review, but the final decision rests with App World. The fact that so many apps have so many negative reviews on App World shows that the system is not tilted overwhelmingly in favor of the vendors. I think this system is in place to make sure the reviews are valid. Also, I believe only buyers can review a product.

In your case, I suspect the vendor successfully petitioned to have your review removed. However, there seems to be a bug in the system where the review continues to affect the product rating even if it is rejected.
    05-24-09 08:14 PM
    I just downloaded GT Racing Motor Academy. The game was fun and free, so I decided to add a review to Blackberry App World.

Here's what I wrote and sent :

awesome
    03/20/2012,5 stars

I am happy to see one of my favorite developers making "native" BlackBerry games for the Blackbery PlayBook. Great game on a great platform.

10 minutes later, here's how Rim edited and posted my review :

awesome
    03/20/2012, 5 stars
    thank you Rim and Gameloft! awesome visuals, free game, love my playbook

*** My apologies, this was my mistake. Original review was in fact posted without RIM editing ***
    Last edited by corny888; 03-21-12 at 08:27 PM. Reason: My bad...
    03-21-12 05:01 PM
    I just downloaded GT Racing Motor Academy. The game was fun and free, so I decided to add a review to Blackberry App World.

Here's what I wrote and sent :

awesome
    03/20/2012,5 stars

I am happy to see one of my favorite developers making "native" BlackBerry games for the Blackbery PlayBook. Great game on a great platform.

10 minutes later, here's how Rim edited and posted my review :

awesome
    03/20/2012, 5 stars
    thank you Rim and Gameloft! awesome visuals, free game, love my playbook
    that's really .... crazy
    03-21-12 05:55 PM
    Uh, what are you talking about... Your review is still listed as the original:

Awesome

March 21, 2012
    Version 10.0

Thanks Gameloft for making this game for Blackberry Playbook. Nice to see one of my favorite developers creating "native" games for this great platform.

GT Racing Motor Academy HD - BlackBerry App World
    03-21-12 08:05 PM
    The original review was indeed there, thanks for pointing it out. All just a terrible misunderstaing on my behalf.
    03-21-12 08:32 PM
    Lol, RIM doesn't edit reviews but they do deny them sometimes.
    The best thing to do if you'd like a bug fixed is to contact the developer. That's far more likely to get the problem addressed than a negative review IME.
    03-21-12 09:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD