This thread may be better suited for a different part of the forum. I decided to put it here because there are likely many beginner and intermediate users that are upgrading their OS for the first time. If you run into the problem of needing to re-enter the activation code for QuickLaunch here are the steps to follow to get it. This is cut and pasted directly from an email from the developer.

If you didnt purchase from app world You can go to mobihand.com and click on support, my account.
    Your info will be there.

If you purchased from App World go to App World, navigate to My World.
    hit login. enter your paypal email to sign in. your code should be displayed. it's 4 or 5 digits.
    if it's not displayed check to see if there is a 'copy license code' selection in the menu.
    if so use that and then paste into the QuickLaunch activation screen.

If that doesnt work you must do the following:
    1) Use QL Backup to save your data
    2) Go to My World and Delete QuickLaunch
    2) uninstall QuickLaunch from your phone from Options, Advanced, Applications.
    3) uninstall App World
    4) Look for the following folder on your device memory. if it's there delete it:
    device memory/blackberry/app_world/downloads/"your pin"/quicklaunch
    5) download and install the LATEST App World Client from here: BlackBerry App World
    6) go to app world. click the My World icon
    7) hit the blackberry menu key and select 'Log in'. login to My World with your paypal email you used when purchasing
    8) Install QuickLaunch
    9) after your apps have been reconciled the activation code will be displayed on the right under the file size. it's 4 or 5 digits

Hope this helps someone. It certainly helped me!
    04-07-10 10:27 AM
    My activation code was already in the field for me...all I had to do was hit activate...

I bought it with a credit card outside of app world.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-07-10 10:32 AM
    As long as you backup the app it should be there with the code in there.

Good post for people with issues though.
    04-07-10 10:50 AM
    I did the OS update through DM and let it do all the backup. It still didn't save the code for me. Regardless I have it working now. The dev for this app is great at responding to questions!
    04-07-10 11:01 AM
    easy way....write your codes on an excel sheet. Mobihand/CB store always has them to view too so purchase everything from them
    04-07-10 11:21 AM
    I did the OS update through DM and let it do all the backup. It still didn't save the code for me. Regardless I have it working now. The dev for this app is great at responding to questions!
    I think rts3k is talking about the backup/restore function in the QL menu. It is a great way to backup all your settings (including your QL activation code) right to your memory card.

I really wish more developers would go this way then I wouldn't need to always keep going back to my CB account to find activation codes.
    04-07-10 11:21 AM
    easy way....write your codes on an excel sheet. Mobihand/CB store always has them to view too so purchase everything from them
    Bingo. I use Memopad. Such an easy thing to do and yet many clearly don't.
    04-07-10 11:54 AM
    Bingo. I use Memopad. Such an easy thing to do and yet many clearly don't.
    I use the easy method as well. A word doc on my card and it takes 5-10 minutes to get all the codes back in. For this situation though I was referring to him helping out those that have no clue about that. When I first started doing leaks and hybrids with the 8330 I used to log in and check for each code on Mobihand. I smartened up after a while
    04-07-10 12:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD