Just got my replacement S2 today (former one has a cracked screen), and I'm trying to restore my BeWeather settings that were on the damaged S2 to my new S2. I went into the app, hit backup/restore data, and immediately got an error. It says "Failed restoring backup class." Then it says net.rim.device.api.io.file.FileIOException File system error (1003).

So what does that mean? I definitely backed up my info on my old S2 before it even got damaged, and I took the SD card out of the damaged phone, and put it in the new S2. So I know the info should be there.

Am I doing something wrong? Any and all help is appreciated! Thanks in advance!
    08-31-10 03:53 PM
    This is most like due to the fact that BW not only backs up your app settings, but it also backs up your activation code which is linked to your pin. You probably need to contact the venue you purchased it at and request a PIN change for your apps to work on the new device.

But, even then it most likely will not transfer the old backup to the new device. After you have been granted the PIN change, you will probably have to set it up again on your new device (takes 2 minutes), and create a fresh back-up (it should then overwrite the old) that you can use for the future. If that doesn't work explore your sd card for the old .BW backup file, delete it, and create the new backup.

HTH.
    Last edited by MADBRADNYC; 08-31-10 at 04:04 PM.
    08-31-10 04:02 PM
    I had already gotten on the Beweather site, and requested a new activation code before trying to restore anything. Didn't have any trouble at all with the new activation code; everything worked great as far as getting the app fuctional on my new S2.

When I got home last night, I tried to restore my settings again on BeWeather. It actually worked this time; no information was lost or non-functional. Not sure what was going on when I kept getting the error, but it works now!

Thanks for the help.
    09-01-10 07:27 AM
    Just a fluke? Well, I'm glad you got it in working order now. Enjoy!
    09-01-10 07:30 AM
    Just a fluke? Well, I'm glad you got it in working order now. Enjoy!
    Yup, just a fluke I suppose. Glad that's all it was!
    09-01-10 01:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD