Whenever I use DM to try to restore my apps I get this message after browsing for the .alx file. "This application is not compatible with your device and cannot be loaded" Could it be because I got a new storm because my last one was damaged? What should I do?
    07-27-09 06:19 PM
    What apps are you trying to restore I had an issue with quick launch and a few others that were locked to my old phones pin when I got my replacement last month

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-27-09 06:53 PM
    I have quite a few. But if they are locked to my old pin then what do I do? Is there a way to individually add one app at a time to figure out which one is locked?
    07-27-09 07:42 PM
    I have quite a few. But if they are locked to my old pin then what do I do? Is there a way to individually add one app at a time to figure out which one is locked?
    I know this is too late for you, but what I've done is create a Word document that lists the OTA links for every app on my Storm. After visiting the CB App Store to reinstall my purchased apps, I just open the Word doc on my Storm card and install the OTAs one-by-one. Naturally, I only do this when my 3rd party app backup fails.

Side note: If you bought your apps at CB or Mobihand directly, you can log in and change your PIN for new unlock codes.
    07-27-09 08:49 PM
    Any help guys?
    07-30-09 06:45 PM
    Please anyone?
    08-01-09 05:07 PM
    Please anyone?
    Did you try changing your in the CB store? That will give you a new code so you can use the full version on some locked apps. I know you can do a one by one reinstall of the settings and such. For apps you should just be able to load the .alx and then choose in DM which files you want to restore which gives you the option to load them one by one.
    08-01-09 06:57 PM
    Whenever I use DM to try to restore my apps I get this message after browsing for the .alx file. "This application is not compatible with your device and cannot be loaded" Could it be because I got a new storm because my last one was damaged? What should I do?
    how are you trying to restore? did you do a 3rd party backup and have an PIN.alx and a folder titled PIN? if so instead of selecting the PIN.alx file select the PIN.alx file that is inside the folder.
    08-01-09 07:36 PM
    Did you try changing your in the CB store? That will give you a new code so you can use the full version on some locked apps. I know you can do a one by one reinstall of the settings and such. For apps you should just be able to load the .alx and then choose in DM which files you want to restore which gives you the option to load them one by one.
    Did I try changing the what in the CB store?

how are you trying to restore? did you do a 3rd party backup and have an PIN.alx and a folder titled PIN? if so instead of selecting the PIN.alx file select the PIN.alx file that is inside the folder.
    I did the back up and i have the folder and file. But I do not see mypin.alx in the folder :/ The folder has all my apps just not the .alx. I've just been trying to backup the file outside of the folder that is mypin.alx
    08-01-09 07:47 PM
    I think its because my phones pin number changed.
    08-01-09 07:54 PM

I did the back up and i have the folder and file. But I do not see mypin.alx in the folder :/ The folder has all my apps just not the .alx. I've just been trying to backup the file outside of the folder that is mypin.alx
    what about when you go to add/remove in DM and click browse and then select the mypin folder. do you see all the apps inside?
    08-01-09 08:24 PM

I meant did you change your pin in the CB store. Sorry, I didn't reread what I wrote. Your PIN back up is located under computer>c>users>your name>app data>local>TEMP>PIN # and then you should see an .alx file along with a bunch of .cod or such files.

I'm not sure why you're not seeing the .alx file though. That is just weird...
    Last edited by amavit; 08-01-09 at 08:27 PM.
    08-01-09 08:25 PM
    I havent tried changing my pin on the CB store but would that do anything? And I have the .alx file, it was just out of the folder that was named by my pin number. I just dont understand why its giving me this error
    08-03-09 09:34 PM
    I know this is too late for you, but what I've done is create a Word document that lists the OTA links for every app on my Storm. After visiting the CB App Store to reinstall my purchased apps, I just open the Word doc on my Storm card and install the OTAs one-by-one. Naturally, I only do this when my 3rd party app backup fails.

Side note: If you bought your apps at CB or Mobihand directly, you can log in and change your PIN for new unlock codes.

How do you back up 3rd party apps? I upgraded OS and then when I did a data restore my themes and 3rd party apps did not restore. I had done a back up before upgrading. What went wrong? Was there a step I missed backing up my apps?
    08-03-09 10:47 PM
    So what should I do guys? Any suggestions
    08-08-09 10:55 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD