When I try to restore my apps using DM I go to restore it keeps wanting to update the System software and core applications. I made sure I only selected " back up 3rd party applications " when I back up the apps. Even if I uncheck the system software and core applications it still wants to update it. How can I get it to ONLY update and restore my 3rd party applications
    08-10-09 12:05 AM
    its a glitch in DM, just check off only the apps you want to install and you will not update the core apps this way.

If you want the 'glitch' to stop, uninstall all OSs on the computer
    08-10-09 12:11 AM
    its a glitch in DM, just check off only the apps you want to install and you will not update the core apps this way.

If you want the 'glitch' to stop, uninstall all OSs on the computer
    Like I said, I did uncheck the core system and it still updated the os. I ONLY had the couple of third party apps checked and it still update the whole sytem.
    08-10-09 12:14 AM
    Like I said, I did uncheck the core system and it still updated the os. I ONLY had the couple of third party apps checked and it still update the whole sytem.
    The best way is to use BBSAK to backup and when ready restore the COD files you want. BBDM has some strange quirks and using BBSAK eliminates these.
    08-10-09 02:41 AM
    when using bbsak to back up the 3rd party apps.......where does it save it to? it never gave me an option to select a folder. it just said that it was doing it and then told me when it was completed.....
    08-10-09 11:51 AM
    when using bbsak to back up the 3rd party apps.......where does it save it to? it never gave me an option to select a folder. it just said that it was doing it and then told me when it was completed.....
    c:\program files\bbsak\backups
    08-10-09 11:54 AM
    c:\program files\bbsak\backups
    lol. thanks! i figured it out. didn't post back cuz i was too busy downloading the updated version. i was running v1.2 but now i'm on v1.3.

my next question is....

what is the difference between "wipe device" and "factory reset"? isn't the "factory reset" option the same as the "wipe handheld" option on the bb itself?
    08-10-09 12:19 PM
    lol. thanks! i figured it out. didn't post back cuz i was too busy downloading the updated version. i was running v1.2 but now i'm on v1.3.

my next question is....

what is the difference between "wipe device" and "factory reset"? isn't the "factory reset" option the same as the "wipe handheld" option on the bb itself?
    wipe handheld is just that, wipes EVERYTHING (renders u w/ a 507 No Software Error

factory reset makes the phone go back to the factory settings

and yes, it is the same as the "wipe handheld" option in bb security options
    08-10-09 12:26 PM
    thanks DD
    08-10-09 12:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD