Hello, everyone.

I have a BlackBerry Curve 8330, and I'm running into issues with it. I checked the forums already, but couldn't find circumstances that fit my situation. . .

My phone is only a few months old, and recently it has been restarting itself with no warning whatsoever. I checked the battery, and it's not loose. Nor is anything blocking its connection to the gold prongs attached to the phone. I saw that sometimes BlackBerries will do this if their memory is too full . . .? I've never cleared out my text messages or emails, but I don't exactly store a lot of information on it. I haven't downloaded anything other than the Facebook app, so I'm not sure why or how that would be the problem.

Also, the other day I noticed that my Web Browser application shortcut is gone from my App Menu. I have tried searching through the phone so I can restore it, but I can't figure it out to save my life. I can still use the Browser by going through the Facebook App, but I am extremely perplexed. It just disappeared! Do BlackBerries even do this?!

I also do have a micro-SD card inside it, but it's not in any way full and when I pulled it out to see if that was the problem, it kept restarting anyways. I read that sometimes that can cause issues.

Any help at all would be appreciated! I don't want to have to trade it in, it's such a hassle . . . any advice?
    10-04-09 09:28 PM
    You can check your free memory by going to:
    Options - Memory

If you don't have that you can go to Options - Status and it should show your free memory at the top. If its low that may be a possible cause,a s you mentioned.

Otherwise its probably an app issue. You can try deleting your 3rd party apps (menu - options - advanced - applications) and see if one of those caused the issue.

As for browser go to menu - options - advanced - Host Routing Table - Hit the BB menu key and select 'register' which should resend your service books.

D.
    10-04-09 09:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD