I went to the Verizon store to port my number from an ATT-serviced 9800 Torch, and I had my mind set on the 9930 Bold. They had live phones on display at the store, and I spent quite a bit of time playing with the Bold. With the fast processor and OS7 (don't know which version was on the phone), I was really suprised and somewhat disappointed at the lag time involved when invoking or launching an app. The response time for the built-in (non-third-party) apps on my Torch was very fast. On the Bold 9930, however, there is a very noticeable lag in response time from when you invoke the app until it executes. This seemed to be the case with every app I launched -- calendar, contacts, e-mail, etc.

For those of you experienced 9930 Bold users, is this a common and known behavior with this device? I'd appreciate any comments/information you can provide.

Thanks.
    05-21-12 11:25 PM
    No lag here. The display device probably had an old OS and is overdue for a reboot.

Feeding my CrackBerry addiction with Tapatalk
    05-21-12 11:29 PM
    Ok. Thanks. Perhaps I'll go back to the store, reboot the device, and ask them to install the latest OS. I really want the phone, but wouldn't be able to deal with the lag time the display unit had.
    05-21-12 11:37 PM
    Ha... Well you can reboot it no problem. Updating the OS, now that might be the hard part.

Feeding my CrackBerry addiction with Tapatalk
    05-21-12 11:40 PM
    Same here, no lag at all..
    However sometimes it shows that little clock thingy in the middle, other than that everything is smooth, becareful of the battery life though..

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    05-22-12 12:07 AM
    Yeah, I've read plenty about the battery life issues. Thanks, guys.
    05-22-12 02:26 PM
    I get it all the time, very annoying.. I'm going to try to do a full wipe and see if it helps
    05-22-12 05:14 PM
    Have a VZW 9330. One of the first things I noticed about my AWESOME phone is how fast the apps and browser open/run. If you are a VZW person I do these two things everyday.

1. Clear log=alt l,g,l,g. Hold down the alt button and press the code. Menu, clear log.

2. ##000000 hit dial. Scroll down to sip password. Type VZW, menu button and save.

It's like cleansing ur phone.

Hope that helps.

Sent from my VZW 9330.
    05-22-12 06:31 PM
    Have a VZW 9330.[...]
    2. ##000000 hit dial. Scroll down to sip password. Type VZW, menu button and save.

It's like cleansing ur phone.

Hope that helps.

Sent from my VZW 9330.

No need for the password since you don't have a full-touch device - press and hold alt-right shift-del in that order for a soft reset.
    05-22-12 06:43 PM
    Learn something knew everyday. Thanks.

Sent from my VZW 9330.
    05-22-12 06:54 PM
    Learn something knew everyday. Thanks.

Sent from my VZW 9330.
    Anytime. Some habits die hard.
    05-22-12 07:45 PM
    I used many Blackberry devices before my 9900, which I bought about a week or so ago, and I can pretty much say it is the snappiest and quickest BlackBerry I have ever used. It takes less than a second for it to open an application in my experience, especially the stock ones (Mail, calendar, BBM, etc.). The device on display must have had an ancient OS version or has not been rebooted in forever.
    05-22-12 08:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD