Hi everyone,

If you've recently wiped/upgraded your Blackberry and noticed that you can no longer sign back in using the official Twitter app and get a "Internal Twitter server problem" despite other clients such as Ubertwitter working without a problem.

I've managed to track it down my company's firewall mangling outgoing SSL traffic from a Blackberry Enterprise Server (BES) through a HTTPS proxy. You can verify this by trying to browse https sites in Blackberry browser and seeing if you're getting "Internal Server Error(s)" there too. My guess is that the officlal Blackberry app uses tries to obtain an OAuth token initally over HTTPS while other clients probably log into the site directly each time.

As a walkaround, you'll need to disable the TLS proxy on your device.
    (on a Bold) Go to Options -> Security Options -> Advanced Security Options -> TLS
    and set the TLS Default from "Proxy" to "Handheld".

From my understanding of the problem though, this may result in higher battery consumption as your phone will have use more power to perform HTTPS encryption/decryption instead of your corporate BES server, so you may want to ask your sysadmin or IT department to investigate.

Cheers,
    Andrew "@Netsnipe" Lau
    12-03-10 09:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD