Don't know if mine is an isolated case, but here goes. I downloaded Quick Pull to prevent having to remove my battery when resetting since my Storm is in a case. I experienced several random resets, which I had not experienced before and did not experience again after uninstall. I then tried Soft Reset...same idea, different program. I once again saw multiple, unwanted or provoked resets. I uninstalled and have not experienced random reset yet. Just my personal account. Don't know if this is a flaw in software or just my isolated experience. Thoughts?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-26-08 03:59 AM
    this has happend alot to ppl that downloaded that app i would delete that app asap .
    11-26-08 04:04 AM
    Very odd, I haven't experienced any problems with Soft Reset

11-26-08 04:05 AM
    same here. No problems with soft reset app.
    11-26-08 05:47 AM
    I had more random reboots BEFORE installing softreset. I would say there is no relation.
    11-26-08 06:30 AM
    Does anyone know if they plan on creating a similar app specific for the Storm? Would be great. I have soft-reset...and havnt had any real problems as of yet. But now I'm worried!
    11-26-08 06:33 AM
    ok...could have just been me, but i uninstalled a day and a half ago and havent had problems yet.

11-26-08 07:27 AM
    Sorry to dig up an old thread, but I had to see if anyone else had this problem by using search. I had soft reset on my phone, but deleted it and wanted to see if Quick Pull was any better. I dl'd it fine, but seemed to bog the phone waaaaaaaay down when I tried to use. Had to hit the back button a few times to free up the system. Re-dl'd Soft Reset as I know that works. Anyone else have trouble with Quick Pull?
    12-19-08 03:01 AM
    No problems with quick pull

12-19-08 03:05 AM
    Sorry to dig up an old thread, but I had to see if anyone else had this problem by using search. I had soft reset on my phone, but deleted it and wanted to see if Quick Pull was any better. I dl'd it fine, but seemed to bog the phone waaaaaaaay down when I tried to use. Had to hit the back button a few times to free up the system. Re-dl'd Soft Reset as I know that works. Anyone else have trouble with Quick Pull?
    This is interesting. I never really noticed but I've had like 2-3 random reboots in the last couple of days as well. And damn if I didn't install QuickPull two days ago as well?

Nothing since installing 4.7.0.83 but I'll be watching in the next 24 hours.

Happy Holidays to Crackberry Nation!
    12-19-08 03:14 AM
    I never got any reboots with Quick Pull, because I couldn't get it to work. It wouldn't let me highlight the option to reboot, so I deleted it and re DL'd Soft Reset. Soft Reset has always worked for me, and I have never had the phone restart on me at all.
    12-19-08 03:24 AM
    I never got any reboots with Quick Pull, because I couldn't get it to work. It wouldn't let me highlight the option to reboot, so I deleted it and re DL'd Soft Reset. Soft Reset has always worked for me, and I have never had the phone restart on me at all.

This is because it was in compatibility mode.. like I was saying.. when in compatibility mode you almost have to roll your finger on the screen untill it highlights switch out of compat mode and its like anything else..

make sure you figure out how to turn things in and out of compat mode

options>advanced options> applications highlight application then hit menu key

1 of 2 options shows disable compatibility mode or enable compatibility mode

simply disabling it will take it out for good.

the key indicator of compat mode is that the keyboard is forced on the screen happens in a ton of apps that you install and run the first time

try dling quickpull again and you will see
    12-19-08 03:42 AM
    Don't know if mine is an isolated case, but here goes. I downloaded Quick Pull to prevent having to remove my battery when resetting since my Storm is in a case. I experienced several random resets, which I had not experienced before and did not experience again after uninstall. I then tried Soft Reset...same idea, different program. I once again saw multiple, unwanted or provoked resets. I uninstalled and have not experienced random reset yet. Just my personal account. Don't know if this is a flaw in software or just my isolated experience. Thoughts?

I had both programs on my device for about 2 weeks and soft reset sense I had the storm..

uninstalled softreset recently

I have gotten like maybe 3-4 unwanted reboots in the entire time of owning my storm.

that being said I can't confirm whether this is true or not.

The problem is that it could have conflicted with another app you have.
    12-19-08 03:46 AM
    So in your opinion, would you say Quick Pull is better than Soft Reset?

EDIT: Dl'd Quick Pull again, did what you said and it works. Seems to work a little faster than Soft Reset too. Thanks for the tip.
    Last edited by Jaysus Cutler6; 12-19-08 at 03:57 AM.
    12-19-08 03:52 AM
    I've tried both of these programs and get the following error "Uncaught exception:java.lang.illegalArgumentException" What am I doing wrong?
    12-19-08 09:49 PM
    I use QuickPull. Works, and the icon is cleaner looking then SoftReset.

CB, can we have QuickPull reworked so that we can use the touchscreen to simply touch "Yes", rather than to slide up to "Yes"?
    12-19-08 09:51 PM
    Anyone have any issues with SoftReset and .83?
    12-19-08 09:57 PM
    QuickPull is a little faster than SoftReset and launcher icon looks better.
    12-19-08 10:06 PM
    same thing happened to me.. took a few tries to actually select "yes" when prompted if i wanted to treboot. Hasn't reset randomly though.
    12-19-08 10:38 PM
    That's because with QuickPull "No" is preselected. In order to select "Yes" you have to slide your finger up to highlight "Yes" and then you click.

That's why I'm hoping it'll be updated for the storm and be touchscreen compatible.
    12-19-08 10:42 PM
    Well I switched back to Quick Pull. Seems as now my camera, and video camera don't freeze up anymore. I can take some long *** videos now with 0 problems. Surely it wasn't Soft Reset causing those issues?
    12-20-08 01:22 AM
    I've tried both of these programs and get the following error "Uncaught exception:java.lang.illegalArgumentException" What am I doing wrong?
    Same issue here. Downloaded it twice. Still on the hunt for a soft reset that works well with Bold.
    12-20-08 08:27 PM
    I get the Java exception error, too. Is there some sort of software conflict going on here or is this something that can be resolved by changing a setting?
    12-21-08 10:02 AM
    I had both programs on my device for about 2 weeks and soft reset sense I had the storm..

uninstalled softreset recently

I have gotten like maybe 3-4 unwanted reboots in the entire time of owning my storm.

that being said I can't confirm whether this is true or not.

The problem is that it could have conflicted with another app you have.
    i never realized that was a problem...i thought it was just my finger.
    thanks for the tip. worked great
    12-21-08 10:45 AM
    I can't get quickpull to actually do anything. I used to have errors. Now on.83 I select yes to reset but it just goes back to my home screen. Any ideas?

12-21-08 02:14 PM
62 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD