How do you reset App World since there is no way to Alt-RST on this virtual keyboard?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-25-11 09:11 AM
    I posted how to do this on the original storm over 2 years ago. I searched and could not find the thread. It was probably deleted due to age. If I recall you need to hold shift or alt (I think the alt key but not 100% positive) and then press 3 then 4 then ( in that order. That essentially mimics resetting the app world cache on a keyboard device.
    08-25-11 10:15 AM
    I posted how to do this on the original storm over 2 years ago. I searched and could not find the thread. It was probably deleted due to age. If I recall you need to hold shift or alt (I think the alt key but not 100% positive) and then press 3 then 4 then ( in that order. That essentially mimics resetting the app world cache on a keyboard device.
    i could not get that to work. First, there is now way to get the keyboard to appear in App World except when using the Search function. Second, there is not Alt key in the virtual keyboard.
    08-25-11 12:34 PM
    Unfortunately, I don't have the new torch. Here is what I was talking about for the storm series:

RIM Officially Details How To Clear BlackBerry App World Cache - BerryReview

It was actually holding and locking the ?123 key and then hitting 34(.

As far as not being able to get the keyboard up on the storm you would just hit the menu key (the button with the blackberry symbol on it) and then scroll through the menu and hit "show keyboard." It would let you do this on almost any screen and in almost any app.
    08-25-11 02:03 PM
    On the Playbook you swipe up from the bottom of the screen to bring up the keyboard and then just hit the R and S and T keys in that order (without holding or locking the alt key or any other key) and it resets the cache. Maybe it will work on the new BB7 touch devices? At least it's worth a try.
    08-25-11 02:09 PM
    I have got it to work on the 9810.

In App World, you can't always bring up the virtual keyboard so you must:
    1. go to the "My World" screen first (the button with the BB logo and person)
    2. then use the BlackBerry Menu button to show the keyboard.
    3. switch to the number pad
    4. then enter 34(
    08-25-11 02:37 PM
    I have got it to work on the 9810.

In App World, you can't always bring up the virtual keyboard so you must:
    1. go to the "My World" screen first (the button with the BB logo and person)
    2. then use the BlackBerry Menu button to show the keyboard.
    3. switch to the number pad
    4. then enter 34(
    Attached Thumbnails Reset App World?-1237669_359326920867488_1587814301_n.jpg  
    08-26-13 02:18 PM
    09-03-13 07:44 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD