Hi,
    We need three additional Storm 9530 OS 4.7 users to beta test the new fully-featured Compass app. Do you have a few minutes to run it through its paces and provide helpful constructive feedback?

cheers...B
    11-12-09 07:06 AM
    Why would it be for 4.7 and not 5.0 since everything OS RIM-wise is changing to 5.0 ? Just curious
    11-12-09 07:44 AM
    We have lots of testers for the 5.0 OS already. I just need a few for those of us who haven't upgraded yet to ensure we're not left out in the cold
    11-12-09 07:51 AM
    We have lots of testers for the 5.0 OS already. I just need a few for those of us who haven't upgraded yet to ensure we're not left out in the cold
    Any chance I could test the 5.0 version, also will it actually act like a real compass and change when only moving around in your hand??
    11-12-09 05:58 PM
    (my response from another thread for Compass Lite
    (Unlike the iPhone), the BlackBerry Storm and Tour do not have a built-in magnetometer (the formal term for a digital compass) which is a small hardware chip that can sense where North is. Instead, we have to rely on the built-in GPS capabilities of the device and software programming. And, while the GPS can show us where we are (our latitude and longitude) at any given time, in order to find out where North is, we need to read at least two different latitude and longitude points. These two points, when connected, give us a heading (or Line of Travel) and from there, we can decifer where True North is. Once we establish the secondary lat/long, the compass rose rotates and the large red needle points to True North. As a GPS app, this is how Compass works.
    The compass rose does not spin when you are standing still and simply holding the device in your hand.
    Hope this helps,
    B
    p.s. Thanks but we have lots of testers for the 5.0 OS already. They're doing a great job!
    11-12-09 06:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD