Knowing that app developers hang out in this forum, I have an idea and a request for an app.

I (and many others) HATE the threaded SMS format in RIM's new 5.0 OS. If any developer could create an app that would override RIM's threaded SMS and allow text messages to be processed conventially, I'd JUMP at the chance to buy it. $10, $20, $30, $40, $50 dollars for such an app? Pay it in a minute. Maybe even more. I HATE the threaded SMS and would love something that fixes this horrible threaded SMS junk in the new 5.0 OS.

What say you developers? Can any of you tackle this problem?
    12-29-09 01:28 AM
    I with ya Berryite, I hate that little box where you need to scroll just to see what you have typed...grrrr
    12-29-09 02:41 AM
    I agree. Great idea, I hate new sms chat, it's lack of usability.
    12-29-09 02:44 AM
    Not that it helps me at all to plug someone else's app, but would Beyond160 perhaps serve your purpose?
    12-29-09 02:58 AM
    Not that it helps me at all to plug someone else's app, but would Beyond160 perhaps serve your purpose?
    Not familiar with it but will see if I can find it and do some research. Will it replace the default SMS protocols in a BlackBerry? If so, I'm a buyer. I HATE this threaded SMS garbage RIM has forced on us.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-29-09 09:34 AM
    I'm hoping for an option to turn it off in a future OS upgrade. Its a nice idea but needs a lot of fine tuning.

I'd at least like a bigger, input area and the ability to search from within each individual contact. Missing are the "S" "N" and "P" keyboard shortcuts. I sometimes have a week or more of texts stored and to find an individual text or day I need to scroll and scroll and scroll.

I read a lot of comments from people saying how great it is but I'm not one of them. Count me in if you find anything.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-29-09 11:03 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD