So, am I missing something or is Repligo Reader at $19.95US actually a better solution for reading PDFs on your storm than the PDF to Go reader that is part of the Documents to Go Premium Suite from Dataviz.com?
    I have a number of big PDFs, including eBooks up to 750 pages (camera manuals and books) I want to have at hand. On trying both, the READING VIEW and Page View in RR seem better and faster than the Docs to Go app for which I have to pay $69.95US (even though I have a registration key to Docs to Go from a BB platform prior)
    In fairness, I do not need Excel, Word and Powerpoint docs at this time on the Storm....but on the other hand, I don;t see Dataviz offering PDF to Go only- you can only get it as part of Docs to go Premium.

My though is to buy Repligo- anyone see something I am missing for the $40 difference?
    Thanks!
    01-18-09 06:19 PM
    No, you are not missing anything. It really IS better. There is even another PDF viewer out there (just released), but I did not find it to be as good as Repligo Reader. Further, Repligo allows you to put a PDF in "read" mode, where it just gives you a column the width of the screen in text for reading. For me, well worth the $20.
    01-18-09 10:22 PM
    I got the trial version of D2G with its bonus copy of PDF To Go working on my 4.7.0.75 Storm. I like the fact that the premium version is by the SAME company chosen by RIM / VZN to be on their launch product.

I'm thinking that the first time your boss sends you a doc, xls, or ppt and asks you for a quick response, you are gonna kick yourself for not having put the premium package of D2G with PDS To Go as a bonus !

Doctor Neutron
    01-21-09 09:55 PM
    i use Beam Reader....i have sent PDF to my BB and Beam Reader reads them fine...
    01-21-09 10:57 PM
    You're not missing anything. The $40 difference is for the other office apps.
    01-21-09 11:06 PM
    Thanks. All I want is the best PDF reader I can get for big PDF files. The top eBooks on the Nikon SLRs are 500-800 pages long in PDF form. Repligo seems to handle them well and to make them quite usable on the road when laptop is not at hand.
    01-22-09 03:33 PM
    If you just want ebooks, use Mobipocket. They have a version that will run on the Storm. You can download free desktop software from Mobipocket that will convert a .PDF file to a .PRC one (that is the Mobipocket ebook reader format).
    01-22-09 08:22 PM
    so if i got them both i can wipe one of them?
    06-12-10 04:01 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD