So I installed Social Beat on my Tour once I saw the icon had been pushed to my phone. I'm not impressed so I would like to remove it however I'm hearing if you remove it straight off your phone when you re boot it bricks your phone. Is this true?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-02-10 07:28 PM
    Didn't happen to me. I uninstalled it, rebooted my phone and its working perfectly fine.

03-02-10 07:31 PM
    Alright I removed it with no issues. Thanks

03-02-10 07:44 PM
    IT will eventually push to the phone again- just hide the icon
    03-02-10 08:34 PM
    I have very few applications on my Storm 1, and I get messages telling me to clean out a few. Now I get this crap installed. I don't want to simply hide it. Isn't there another option?
    03-05-10 08:30 AM
    Im a VZW user but haven't had the icon pushed to me yet. (Not that I want it!) I've done multiple battery pulls since people have started getting it but for whatever reason I haven't gotten it yet. Any clue why? IS it because I'm running the Sprint 5.0.0.484 build?
    03-05-10 09:49 AM
    I have very few applications on my Storm 1, and I get messages telling me to clean out a few. Now I get this crap installed. I don't want to simply hide it. Isn't there another option?
    The icon is just a link, so there really isn't a lot to un-install. Just hide it and you really won't have to be bothered by it.
    Someone here may have a method of removal, but I thought it was one of those things that would keep coming back if you could remove it.

If you keep getting the 'delete applications' messages you must have something else going on. Or need to do battery pulls more often.
    03-06-10 07:37 AM
    Is this being pushed to newer model phones? I have the 8330 curve and don't see it on my screen(not that I want it). Just wondering if they are not going to do anything new with this model. I know its been disc. from their inventory and I assume that whatever inventory they have, if any, left is it.
    03-06-10 07:43 AM
    Just hide it. It takes up virtually no space.

03-06-10 08:25 AM
    i removed it without any problems.
    03-06-10 09:15 AM
    u cant remove it for long...it WILL be back. however...like previously stated...dont install...just hide.

done deal. i actually like it...but it is too slow on my 9530...so i had to delete it
    03-06-10 09:23 AM
    To stop unwanted junk from being pushed to your BB, according to VZW:

Try Options>Advanced Options>Browser Push and uncheck the box for Enable Push

I also asked during my call to *611 to opt-out of having these sorts of things being pushed.

Hope it helps.

Recently, I've gone from an occasional battery pull to 2-4 times a day. I couldn't figure out what was different but discovered Social Beat in my Applications folder. Not sure this is the cause, but still annoying.
    Last edited by taku_74; 03-06-10 at 06:18 PM.
    03-06-10 06:16 PM
    If it's not installed it will not cause the issue...

It's just a web based icon to take you to the download site.
    03-06-10 06:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD